Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How far back did this game set football?

• 0–5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5–19 years

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 20+ years

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks we have Bills on their long week off on a Monday, and then short week for us against the Broncos in Denver.

NFL #integrity

Rex-tile dysfunction (JEST/Bills) postgame thread, with poll:

How far back did this game set football?

0-5 years?
5-19 years?
20 years?

Simple question, really.

20 minimum!

Revis Island is finished, we are pretty much looking at the carcass of it. Great to see Revis get burned on that crucial 3rd and 4 to Watkins. That conversion might have kept Buffalo's playoff hopes alive by allowing them to run most of the clock.

When I first turned on the boob tube I wasn't sure if it was an NFL game or a Ryan biography.

It looks like the Bowles movement is suffering from a slight case of constipation.

Pretty obvious that the fix was in for the Jests, and they still manged to lose. SOJ.

If the Jets had somehow pulled that game out they would have needed to hand out two game balls. One to the ref spotting the ball and one to the person controlling the play clock.

Mevis looks overpaid now. I can't imagine how he'll look at the end of the deal.

Wrecks is still a moron.

You seriously worried about the Bills after that performance tonight?

You realize this was a Thursday night game, right?

Why can't people just honestly appraise the games? For crying out loud, it's not that difficult to be down the middle on this stuff.

Did anyone else notice Rex pulling a "Joe Namath finger wag" as he ran off the field?

You seriously worried about the Bills after that performance tonight?

I expect a physical game on a Monday night against a (very) well rested Bills, with a depleted OLine on our part, and then a short week to Denver (with all the physiology that entails). It's the Denver game that worries me.

But it's the Giants for now...

Last edited:
Losing obviously kills him.

I haven't seen a lot of Jets games, however, what I have seen is not sufficiently impressive from Revis. Revis is taking up as much cap as a franchise QB (and oh those guarantees). For that kind of money the late game third down that happened right in front of him should never be that easy. He should be making that play a such a low percentage chance of success that a QB is not likely to try it. Instead, because that play was so boom-boom quick, it likely means the Bills pre-planned to go at Revis' for the play that would clinch the game. Again the kind of money he is taking up cannot equal that; it has to equal 'we don't want to go there else we'll fail'.
If the sample I have seen from Revis accurately portrays his production this year, the type of long term investment the Jets have made is not good and apt to get worse (though it is likely a short term good thing).

Revis Island is finished, we are pretty much looking at the carcass of it. Great to see Revis get burned on that crucial 3rd and 4 to Watkins. That conversion might have kept Buffalo's playoff hopes alive by allowing them to run most of the clock.

He's lost a step but watkins didn't do much. He had a big first down on a short play

I haven't seen a lot of Jets games, however, what I have seen is not sufficiently impressive from Revis. Revis is taking up as much cap as a franchise QB (and oh those guarantees). For that kind of money the late game third down that happened right in front of him should never be that easy. He should be making that play a such a low percentage chance of success that a QB is not likely to try it. Instead, because that play was so boom-boom quick, it likely means the Bills pre-planned to go at Revis' for the play that would clinch the game. Again the kind of money he is taking up cannot equal that; it has to equal 'we don't want to go there else we'll fail'.
If the sample I have seen from Revis accurately portrays his production this year, the type of long term investment the Jets have made is not good and apt to get worse (though it is likely a short term good thing).

I think he's still a good corner whose losing a step. The guarantee money was ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST