PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worry Wart – Preseason Game Three vs. Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not at all uncommon for teams or players to rack up a large percentage of their sacks in one contest. I'll take your word on that though since I'm at work right now and can't really check the stats.

I'm hoping for a beatdown. I have to get up extremely early tomorrow and I don't want to stay up late watching a close game.

They had 12 out of their 53 sacks in the first Eagles game. So a little less than a quarter (22.6%).

I am taking three of my nephews to the game, so I am hoping that they get too see a good game. Winning is always good. As my friend Mike once said: "I'm not interested in games being 'interesting', I'm interested in wins". That said, since it is only pre-season, I guess I wish I had been there for the Saints game instead (more competitive matchup).

Just a little expansion on the Rams:

On defense, Spagnuolo likes to do a lot of situational substituion. Two of the starting LB's come out in passing situations and he prefers to run DE James Hall at DT with that same idea. His 3, 4 and 5 DE's were all dinged last week and I'm not sure who plays after the starters. It could be Hall Davis and Eugene Sims, both small school long shots in need of a lot of seasoning. The Rams should be stout against the run but it wouldn't surprise me to see Brady, 18-20 with three TD's in the first half. No pass rush. The DB's have promise but can't stay healthy.

The best part of the Rams team is the offensive line combined with Steven Jackson. They are big and good run blockers. Smith hasn't totally recovered from a broken toe but can be a brutal blocker.

The Rams haven't been able to throw the ball at all. There is nobody who qualifies as a #1 receiver and probably as a #2 either. The TE's are no threat and the QB is a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft