PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

World Cup Thread.

just can't get into soccer...too boring for me...oh well

Youth soccer. As in soccer played during my youth. I've not been a 'youth' for many years, and soccer was not my main sport even as a child. I played other sports at a more advanced level as I grew older. That doesn't mean I wasn't good at youth soccer.

I enjoyed this post and gave it a "Funny" thumbs up - - - but now, it's occurring to me that maybe you were NOT going for intentional comedy there.......

I enjoyed this post and gave it a "Funny" thumbs up - - - but now, it's occurring to me that maybe you were NOT going for intentional comedy there.......

Don't worry about it. I get that you have trouble with even the easy stuff sometimes.

What I find baffling is how such a tiny country like Italy could be such a powerhouse.

Half the kids in every family in Italy has got to be playing soccer right out of the womb to make the selection process as competitive as the biggest countries in the world.

Don't worry about it. I get that you have trouble with even the easy stuff sometimes.

Many of us WOULD like to hear more about your outstanding youth soccer career, though. Did you get extra juice boxes? :D

The fact that you needed to tell everyone here how great you were in youth soccer is classic. Thank you for the laughs today!

I WOULD like to hear more about how you excelled in youth soccer, though. Did you get extra juice boxes? :D

No, but I did make the varsity team as a freshman. We weren't allowed juice boxes.

Just a note, here:

I'm not a big soccer guy, yet it's the soccer people that are trolling their own thread.

What I find baffling is how such a tiny country like Italy could be such a powerhouse.

Half the kids in every family in Italy has got to be playing soccer right out of the womb to make the selection process as competitive as the biggest countries in the world.

Just shy of 61m people, 23rd highest population in the world:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population

UK at #22 is a bit of a cheat though - that's 4 countries lumped together!

The smallest nation on that list with a good Soccer side that I can see is Montenegro with a population of just 620,000.

Reactions: PP2

Having lived in England until I was 12, I can safely say that "half the kids in every family" is an under statement unless you literally meant kids instead of boys. Safe to say an incredibly high percentage of boys at least try soccer and the best athletes will consider it their #1 sport whereas, obviously, it's about 5th in line here.

Reactions: PP2
Not really a soccer guy at all. I love FIFA though, great game. It's the only way I know how its played and who the stars are.

I'm really into watching this world cup just because there is legit nothing else to watch so whatever. I can half-assed watch it so I'm fine.

Soccer can be really boring depending on who the teams are. Like England and Italy was a very good game to watch. Ivory Coast and Japan... yeah not so much.

I'll say I like soccer from now until it ends up once TC starts and its over I wont give two ****s about soccer

The world cup obviously the grand daddy of soccer, but I find for the quality of play the Euro's to be much better and entertaining.

What time is Real Madrid playing

I was overseas once during the World Cup. The businesses that I visited (I'm talking offices now, not retail) all had put very large TVs throughout their offices. Typical American, I said - you can't possibly expect to get any work done with all these soccer games on TV all day long.

The response - if we didn't bring in the TVs, the employees wouldn't even come to the office. They'd just go the pub and watch soccer.

Gotta love that attitude. Soccer fans around the world are every bit as obsessed with their sport (and their team) as the great Patriots fans on this board are.

So about those world rankings ...

Portugal = over rated

Netherlands = under rated

Allemania = has worked on the art of flopping.

so far ........

Man that Iran vs Nigeria game was like watching paint dry.

So about those world rankings ...

Portugal = over rated

Netherlands = under rated

Allemania = has worked on the art of flopping.

so far ........

Man that Iran vs Nigeria game was like watching paint dry.
Honestly, FIFA world rankings are very misleading. You should take them with a grain of salt

Anyone wants to criticize the World Cup, be my guest:

Sheesh! Be happy, Americans. You've got a well-trained, well-motivated squad who play with energy and team spirit. Join the party.

Sheesh - I just can't figure this sport out. The USA-Ghana game that was supposed to stat at 6:00 actually started at 6:00 (never saw that before). Then, nothing is supposed to happen - BUT - USA scores right way. Go figure ...

Only took me 22 minutes into the match to realize we're the ones in red lol

I am rooting for 3 teams in the world cup....

ITALY
USA
GERMANY

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents