PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woodley: Pats, Bengals will lay down

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

Poor Steelers--we know the feeling of wanting in, but the Pats were 11-5 last year and actually deserved it . Then Mr. Wrangler jeans tanked his last game in a Jets uniform, and them's the breaks as they say.....

The best play by Drama Favre in that game was the pathetic, underhanded softball toss pick directly to DB to cement our playoff hopes.

I've never even heard of this guy, what is it with guys on the Steelers no one has ever heard of before shootin their mouths off about the Pats.

Don't these people ever learn?

I think Mankins had the best answer:

Do Pats have obligation to help others? - Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

"I don't think we owe [other teams] anything. We put ourselves in this position and that was by winning games throughout the year," he said. "If they didn't want to have to count on us to win games, they shouldn't have lost games. I think we were in the same position last year, where we needed a team to lose, and that was no one's fault but our own. Whenever you are counting on other teams to win for you, you are in a bad situation."

I've never even heard of this guy, what is it with guys on the Steelers no one has ever heard of before shootin their mouths off about the Pats.

Don't these people ever learn?

Very good pass rusher out of michigan in 2007. A lot of people on this board wanted him in blue.

I can see the Patriots "resting players" with an eye to, shall we say, not worrying about losing the game. However, I can see that because of the lure of having the #4 seed, not because of fear of the Steelers.

Am I missing something? Nummyboy thinks the Bengals are afraid to play the Steelers? The Bengals won both Steeler games this year, home and away. What is Woodhead counting on, the law of averages kicking in? "Yeah, they beat us twice, but sooner or later, if we play them enough, the law of averages says we ought to win at least ONE game."

Biggest joke will be if the Doofins beat them and the Pats and Bengals and Ravens lose.

Let's see if they beat Miami first.

Oakland's got some talent. It's just that the QB spot has been a horror show.

That's for sure. OAK ranks 27th in defensive yards so the must have problems against the run. Could be a big day for Rice.

What does the playoff picture look like if Miami/Pats/Cinci win, Jets/Steelers/Ravens lose?

After that comment I think it would be hilarious if Woodley and other Steelers end up being so focused on watching the scoreboard for out of town scores - rather than the game they are playing in - that the Dolphins come out and beat them.

Who would he blame then, a conspiracy between the refs, the networks, and the NFL?

I'd love to see Miami beat the Squeelers. They didn't take care of business against teams they had no business losing to, so they have nothing to complain about.

I don't recall, but did any of the Pats complain last year after we missed the playoffs on a tie-breaking rule?

I'd love to see Miami beat the Squeelers. They didn't take care of business against teams they had no business losing to, so they have nothing to complain about.

I don't recall, but did any of the Pats complain last year after we missed the playoffs on a tie-breaking rule?

Absolutely not.

No, I think Vrabel said something along the lines of "If we had done our job, we wouldn't be in this situation."

The Steelers have themselves and their secondary to blame for their situation. You don't lose to the Browns, Chiefs, and Raiders towards the tail end of the season and expect to be in the playoffs because you feel it's your birthright.

No, I think Vrabel said something along the lines of "If we had done our job, we wouldn't be in this situation."

The Steelers have themselves and their secondary to blame for their situation. You don't lose to the Browns, Chiefs, and Raiders towards the tail end of the season and expect to be in the playoffs because you feel it's your birthright.

I love Woodley's comment that "once we get into the playoffs, the Pittsburgh Steelers is a playoff team." I mean, for crissakes, anyone who gets into the playoffs is a playoff team. And if you don't get in, it doesn't matter. We might have won the SB last year the way we were playing.

BB is apparently being coy about what he plans to do, but the Pats starters (including Welker and Wilfork) have said that they want to play against Houston. Logan Mankins addressed Woodley's comments:

"We put ourselves in this position by winning games throughout the year and if (other teams) didn't want to have to count on us to win games, they shouldn't have lost," Mankins said. "I think we were in the same position last year, needing another team to lose, and that was no one's fault but our own. Anytime you have to count on other teams to win for you, you're in a bad situation."

Patriots starters say they want to play vs. Texans - NFL - SI.com

I can see the Patriots "resting players" with an eye to, shall we say, not worrying about losing the game. However, I can see that because of the lure of having the #4 seed, not because of fear of the Steelers.

My thoughts exactly, doing what is best for the team.. not what is best for the Steelers...

What a moron..like everyone else said your should have beaten the Browns,Chiefs,Raiders and you wouldnt have to rely on other teams.

Re: Steelers player blames missing playoffs on Pats, Bengals

Oops! Mods feel free to delete this thread - I thought I looked and didn't see any other threads about this topic, guess I didn't look close enough. Sorry! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST