PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With Brady gone, are we now a "running team" like the Bears or Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonia3333

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I still think the Pats will remain a pass first team. I am very interested in seeing how the coaching will pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of Cassel and tweak the playbook accordingly. I don't think Cassel is as horrible as people think he is. He made some nice vertical throws yesterday and will get better. I think McDaniels will maintain his daring style of playcalling. What do you think, do the Pats become a running team now?

iam very worried about our oline with cassel . Brady makes the o line look like a pro bowl line. with cassell..not so much. they cant afford to throw as much which in terms make our running plays predictable..
will be interesting.

I still think the Pats will remain a pass first team. I am very interested in seeing how the coaching will pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of Cassel and tweak the playbook accordingly. I don't think Cassel is as horrible as people think he is. He made some nice vertical throws yesterday and will get better. I think McDaniels will maintain his daring style of playcalling. What do you think, do the Pats become a running team now?

I think we are going to see the 2001 offense, A LOT of screen passes out of the backfield using all of our backs except Evans who will clear the way. Hopefully when Neal comes back he is completely healthy because when he's in the lineup our running game is 40x better.

all cassell needs is a little self esteem and i think he got that yesterday. I do apolagize for saying he sucks. And for *****ing as soon as he got put in yesterday. He took control and had a few good zip passes. I think he just needs to take lots of notes from Brady and to not freak out when he sees the blitz. Step up and let it rip

Just one thing to keep in mind. Randy Moss > Maroney. Nothing against Maroney, it's just how it is. That said, I do believe we will see a more balanced attack this year. Morris ran very well in the last game, Maroney looked good too. So we're not going to rely too much on the passing game but we certainly have weapons to take advantage of openings (Moss/Welker/Thomas).

When Randy Moss and Wes Welker are you 1 and 2 receivers, there is not way you revert to a running game. Cassell needs to be able to throw the ball to those two guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News