PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will this team win the superbowl? (hint: no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the purpose of this thread other than simply to irritate people and stir the pot? You claim not to be a troll, but that's the very definition of trolling.

Agreed. Had the OP wished to voice his concerns, he could have chosen to do it in a different way. Threads like these just end up getting everyone pissed off, and help to "out" the original poster, who in turn, will forever be on the defense should he choose to keep posting here.

I'm hoping another one of these threads will lead to me being proven wrong again. :D:p

But in all honesty, the Steelers cannot stop the Bengals. They will be one dimensional without Bell and Williams, against a good secondary.
The patriots will play the Bengals and there are too many questions on our offense for us to thrive against that defense. Even if our line held up and Edelman played up to Edelman-levels, the game right after would be heading into Denver, somewhere the Patriots have shown they cannot win. Denver is not going to lose to KC or Houston. And if we got through that? Arizona or Carolina. o_O

Patriots vs Bengals.
Denver vs KC/Houston.

Denver is going to the superbowl and they'll beat either the Bengals or the Patriots to get there... I think Carolina has the best chance of stopping them in the Super Bowl.

If we had the #1 seed, it would be a different story... This was always about who got the #1 seed, NE or DEN. Same story as almost every year since Manning went to Denver.

To the babies on this board:
no, i am not a troll because we disagree.
keep your personal insults to yourself.
yes, i do support the patriots and hope i am wrong.
no, i wouldn't rather be right than see the patriots win the super bowl.

if you tell me i'm wrong and stupid, i expect you to come admit your stupidity when this plays out how i expected.

No, you're definitely a troll, and not a good one.

So what is the purpose of this thread other than simply to irritate people and stir the pot? You claim not to be a troll, but that's the very definition of trolling.

I hope i'm wrong but I don't think I will be. The purpose of the thread is to share my opinion for anyone who bothers to read it and spend time discussing it, like you choose to do. If my opinion irritates people, that is not my problem. If my opinion about a possible outcome of a sports game irritates someone, that's embarrassing for that person.

Didn't reap op, Interception is the dumbest member on the entire board. That is all.

Yes, exactly. I have no problem whatsoever with the opinion, as a matter of fact I agree with him, unfortunately. I just don't see it being our year with some of the recent issues of the 2nd half of the season.

That said, I wouldn't have the balls to start a thread on the matter, and the concern is that nothing good can come from the discussion. We've got to keep the faith or else it would take away from some of the magic that comes with going to the postseason. :)

I won't disagree that my opinions are often unpopular. But if you agree, why not start a thread about it? And why can nothing good come from the discussion? Instead of a hundred people calling me a moron, those that agree and disagree could actually talk about it during this bye week.

Magic would be nice though. :)

Any decent to above average defense will eat Manning alive. Look at the what the Colts did to them last year.

OP, you are a moron. If by luck you are correct, you are still a moron.

Yeah, because last year = this year, right? Anyone who denies the Broncos can win the super bowl or that manning could beat any defense in the AFC this year is a moron. Even if manning loses, you will still be a moron.

Yeah, because last year = this year, right? Anyone who denies the Broncos can win the super bowl or that manning could beat any defense in the AFC this year is a moron. Even if manning loses, you will still be a moron.
Manning himself is definitely not beating any defense in the playoffs himself. I know you hate to look at facts, but this is the same quarterback that threw 17 interceptions in only 10 games.

Manning himself is definitely not beating any defense in the playoffs himself. I know you hate to look at facts, but this is the same quarterback that threw 17 interceptions in only 10 games.

And Brady is not beating any defense in the playoffs by himself either. What's your point?

Denver can still realistically win the super bowl, with manning or osweiler or both.

http://img.pandawhale.com/43547-shut-the-****-up-gif-mwbn.gif

I'm hoping another one of these threads will lead to me being proven wrong again. :D:p

But in all honesty, the Steelers cannot stop the Bengals. They will be one dimensional without Bell and Williams, against a good secondary.
The patriots will play the Bengals and there are too many questions on our offense for us to thrive against that defense. Even if our line held up and Edelman played up to Edelman-levels, the game right after would be heading into Denver, somewhere the Patriots have shown they cannot win. Denver is not going to lose to KC or Houston. And if we got through that? Arizona or Carolina. o_O

Patriots vs Bengals.
Denver vs KC/Houston.

Denver is going to the superbowl and they'll beat either the Bengals or the Patriots to get there... I think Carolina has the best chance of stopping them in the Super Bowl.

If we had the #1 seed, it would be a different story... This was always about who got the #1 seed, NE or DEN. Same story as almost every year since Manning went to Denver.

To the babies on this board:
no, i am not a troll because we disagree.
keep your personal insults to yourself.
yes, i do support the patriots and hope i am wrong.
no, i wouldn't rather be right than see the patriots win the super bowl.

if you tell me i'm wrong and stupid, i expect you to come admit your stupidity when this plays out how i expected.
So ...what is the point of the post if its intended for no discussion as the summary and the title suggest? That we shouldnt watch any games ? Everyone else should stop hoping the pats win it all ? There are no easy games so every opponent should be a threat. That is nothing new this season. Is your post purely because of #1 seed or because the way they lost last game ? A 13-10 win over miami wouldve made you confident ? Oh, and we have lost the AFCCG as a #1 seed as well.
Your scenarios actually show how hard it is to win it all once...let alone every yr, let alone an yr after the sb,let alone injuries and QB being railroaded mentally all off season...but still its a failure for you ? If every yr is going to be SB or bust then you will never be wrong because more often than not they will not win it all. All we should hope for is a chance for them to keep playing... High standards is one ,absurd standards is another

Are you more obsessed with broncos will it all or patriots not will it all ?

I hope i'm wrong but I don't think I will be. The purpose of the thread is to share my opinion for anyone who bothers to read it and spend time discussing it, like you choose to do. If my opinion irritates people, that is not my problem. If my opinion about a possible outcome of a sports game irritates someone, that's embarrassing for that person.
It's not some bold prediction on your part. I think many of us are concerned about the team in certain areas. At this point I would be (extremely) pleasantly surprised if we won the Super Bowl. I think it's entirely possible to lose in the AFCCG but my expectations are at least that we make it to the AFCCG and win/or put up a damn good fight. Anything less and I'll be pretty pissed.

But this thread is useless coming from a troll like Int.

What planet do you live on that the Peyton Manning of today is at best as good as he was in the '13 SB? He got annihilated by the same (basically) defense that TB shredded. Peyton is 1/4 of that Peyton and that wasn't very good to begin with. Plus he has a worse offensive line than he did that year.

The Broncos can win the AFC for sure if the league office mandates it. The Super Bowl? No chance. Did you see those passes last week? Ducks. His receivers were scrambling to make the catches. To say that Manning can beat and defense is ridiculous.

And Brady is not beating any defense in the playoffs by himself either. What's your point?

Denver can still realistically win the super bowl, with manning or osweiler or both.

Here's your own quote:
Anyone who denies the Broncos can win the super bowl or that manning could beat any defense in the AFC this year is a moron.

As I said earlier, you are the dumbest poster on this board by far.

They won't beat the NFC representative. I can't see them winning against the Panthers/Cards/Seahawks.

I see Manning getting DESTROYED in the playoffs, and the AFC championship game is NOT going to be played in Denver. Cannot say if WE will be there, but Denver sure won't be.

Here's your own quote:

As I said earlier, you are the dumbest poster on this board by far.

I did not say manning would do it "himself" or alone, idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back