PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Pats start off on the road now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, all speculation is pointless until the schedules are out. (Who knows the exact date for that?)

Last year they released a partial schedule on 3/27 (some primetime games and Thanksgiving) and the full schedule came out on 4/11. In 2006 it came out on 4/6. Based on that I would guess that it comes out on 4/9 or 4/10.

I'm also hoping for a West Coast opener - Seattle would be ideal as I'm hoping to go for that one and early September would be a great time to be there.

The last games of the opening Monday night double header have been west coast teams in 06 Raiders & Chargers - 07 Cardinals & 49ers. I think it would be unfair to have an east coast team play that late on Monday night.

Looking at the schedule the most obvious TV games at the moment are

Home: Steelers, Broncos
Away: Colts (week 9 most probably) Chargers, Seahawks

The Seahawks to me look like a good fit for the opening Sunday night game.

Who knows? I wish it started next month though.

The last games of the opening Monday night double header have been west coast teams in 06 Raiders & Chargers - 07 Cardinals & 49ers. I think it would be unfair to have an east coast team play that late on Monday night.

Looking at the schedule the most obvious TV games at the moment are

Home: Steelers, Broncos
Away: Colts (week 9 most probably) Chargers, Seahawks

The Seahawks to me look like a good fit for the opening Sunday night game.

Who knows? I wish it started next month though.

oakland too. Especially if moss re-signs.

Last edited:
It will certainly be a marquee, primetime matchup, home or away. IMO if they send us to the West Coast Week 1 it will be against the Chargers. If we are at home, I'd say Denver.

There is alot of talk of this. One thing to pay close attention to is which coaches are part of that competition committee. For example when Don Shula was there during schedule time the dolphins always got an easier schedule to play. When Marty Schottenheimer was there for the chargers the bolts never traveled east of san diego like the last 4-5 weeks for 3 of 4 seasons. Mike Shanahan also had the schedule bent in the broncos favor which is partially why the chargers and broncos competed at the top of the west for a while. While the Chiefs who seemingly also had a good roster were often left out the playoffs or had a harder time getting there.

With alot of hatred of the patriots league wide for whatever reasons I can see the league sending the pats out west for the Chargers week 1 in a sunday night afc championship rematch in San diego it just makes sense.

oakland too. Especially if moss re-signs.

Not for Sunday night and NBC, the NFL likes to give them good games and Seattle at home is always pretty good. Plus the drama of the Pats going for their first win since Super Bowl XLII in a loud environment would be a good draw from a TV point of view.

Raiders - Pats is the sort of game the NFL gives to ESPN as nobody figures the Raiders to be a contender, but you never know.

i seriously doubt anyone in nbc hates anyone more than the pats. costas especially. and collinsworth was the one who repeatedly called for Belichick's suspension.peter king..well we know what he keeps saying about the pats.that leaves olbermann..-enough said. In fact olbermann said the steelers were the best team in football or something midseason.

No way man, Collinsworth has been ripping into the Steelers since his first season on Inside the NFL. I've thrown more stuff at my TV when he opens his mouth then ever before. The only time he "picks" the Steelers is late in the season when we have won 9 or 10 games already and are playing a dog like the Titans or something...and that hasn't happened in a while...That jackhole picks the Browns to beat us every single season...He really hates the Steelers...he may pile on the Pats...but he hates the Steelers. For sure.

Not for Sunday night and NBC, the NFL likes to give them good games and Seattle at home is always pretty good. Plus the drama of the Pats going for their first win since Super Bowl XLII in a loud environment would be a good draw from a TV point of view.

Raiders - Pats is the sort of game the NFL gives to ESPN as nobody figures the Raiders to be a contender, but you never know.

yeah i meant raiders if on ESPN or vice versa. ESPN will hype it up like anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft