Will Indy Make the Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

solman

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
With Injuries to numerous key starters, is it possible that Indy could miss the playoffs?

Indy still has games against Jacksonville and Tennessee. If they lose both games they could be third in their division and looking at the last AFC wild card.

Meanwhile, the 5-4 Browns only have one game remaining against a team with a winning record, the mighty Buffalo Bills.

If Indy goes 4-3 or worse down the stretch, its easy to imagine Cleveland and its cake schedule edging Indy for the final slot.

Will Indy make the playoffs?

This is just stupid...

INDy is toast........

The Colts and Steelers both have really easy schedules down the stretch. Despite playing us, I think the Steelers schedule is even easier than the Colts. That might be the difference between getting a bye an not getting one.

I don't see the Colts losing at home to either the Jags or the Titans. They have three easy road games versus Atl, Bal, and Oak. The Steelers will lose at least one more game meanwhile, so that means Indy has the #2.

I don't see the Colts losing at home to either the Jags or the Titans. They have three easy road games versus Atl, Bal, and Oak. The Steelers will lose at least one more game meanwhile, so that means Indy has the #2.

If the Colts play like they did on Sunday night, both the Titans and Jaguars will smoke them.

Obviously the Colts should improve as they get used to using their replacements and have players return from injury.

But right now I could see them losing at home to KC. (It would certainly be less shocking than Peyton throwing six interceptions).

The questions are: How well will the Colts deal with their injuries, and how quickly will the injured players return?

If the answers are "poorly and slowly" (not likely but well within the realm of possibility) then they aren't going to the playoffs.

they will meet us again in the afccg... but they will lose, like "running up the score lose" in foxboro...:D

The Colts play teams from the WAC, the MAC, and the Atlantic Sun conferences down the stretch.

Their BACKUPS have no business losing those games. Even, just assume, they drop one of their final 7. That puts them at 13-3.

The Steelers play Falmouth, Plymouth South and Bishop Feehan down the stretch, as well as the Patriots. They will lose (convincingly) to the Patriots in Foxboro. Best case scenario, they will be 13-3.

Assuming the Colts don't lose to anyone in their division, they still have the 2 seed.

That's pretty much worst-case. Pittsburgh is due a 2 or 3 game losing streak here in a bit, IMO, so I think it won't come down to tiebreakers.

1) New England
2) Indianapolis
3) Pittsburgh
4) San Diego
5) Who Cares
6) Doesn't matter

I think that's what you're looking at.

The Colts play teams from the WAC, the MAC, and the Atlantic Sun conferences down the stretch.

Their BACKUPS have no business losing those games. Even, just assume, they drop one of their final 7. That puts them at 13-3.

Indy could (and probably would) lose most of their remaining games if they played the way they did on Sunday night.

And their injury situation is considerably worse now than it was heading into the Chargers game.

The Colts play the Titans and Jacksonville. Both games are quite losable.

If they lose one other game, that puts them at 11-5 and potentially behind the Jags, Titans and Browns. If they lose two more, going 3-4 down the stretch, they are probably out.

I think they will right the ship enough to make the playoffs, but its hardly far fetched to suggest that they lack the depth necessary to do so.

They have an easy schedule...KC, Atl, Balt, Oak....which one of these teams will cause them trouble??
If LJ was playing this week, they might have a chance as they could shorten the game keeping the ball..BUT...that will not happen. Atl? A Thanksgiving game that will see a run up the score effort. Balt? No offense and a D that is in shreads. This game is the week following the Monday night Pats game...even worse. Oak? Are you kidding??
They play their div opponents all at home...none are all that strong. Indy will lose maybe 1 game...Tenn COULD have made a big jump if they had beaten Jax..but..really no chance..

They have an easy schedule...KC, Atl, Balt, Oak....which one of these teams will cause them trouble??
If LJ was playing this week, they might have a chance as they could shorten the game keeping the ball..BUT...that will not happen. Atl? A Thanksgiving game that will see a run up the score effort. Balt? No offense and a D that is in shreads. This game is the week following the Monday night Pats game...even worse. Oak? Are you kidding??
They play their div opponents all at home...none are all that strong. Indy will lose maybe 1 game...Tenn COULD have made a big jump if they had beaten Jax..but..really no chance..

Which of these games, if any, do you think Indy would win if they played like they did on Sunday night?

What a silly question!!
Why are you buying into the propaganda?
Ask yourselves one simple question - Does Jacksonville or Tennessee have an offense that can in any way compete
with the "decimated" ;) Colt offense featuring Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai??
Silly poll. Makes this site look lame.

Which of these games, if any, do you think Indy would win if they played like they did on Sunday night?
Considering that they almost won Sunday night...unless they have more injuries...they may lose only one game..who will beat them?? Tenn?? That last game might be important..but then again..the way Tenn has been playing..they are sinking even faster. Jax could be a tough game, but the way they played in their last matchup showed very little..even in teh trenches. So you really think Indy could miss the playoffs??

Considering that they almost won Sunday night...unless they have more injuries...they may lose only one game..who will beat them?? Tenn?? That last game might be important..but then again..the way Tenn has been playing..they are sinking even faster. Jax could be a tough game, but the way they played in their last matchup showed very little..even in teh trenches. So you really think Indy could miss the playoffs??

I think they could miss the playoffs. Even if they finished the season playing as well as they did during the first nine games, FO gives them a 1.1% chance of missing the playoffs.

With the sudden rash of injuries, I think that 5% is a more realistic (perhaps even a bit conservative) estimate.

Tennesee's defense has been dominant with Albert Haynesworth in the lineup. A decent game from Vince Young should be enough to be competitive with the Colts (who only won the last encounter by 2 points).

In fact, if Haynesworth comes back, and the Colts remain in disarray (the more questionable part of this equation) I'd pick the Titans to win the division.

I think Jax can do well enough with Garrard back to have a good chance. Jacksonville's more difficult schedule keeps me from being too bullish on them.

Cleveland finishing ahead of the Colts is the most improbable part. But their remaining schedule is just ridiculously easy. It wouldn't be completely shocking if they ran the table.

It all comes down to whether or not Indy continues to fall apart. If they handle their injuries well, then its hard to see them missing the playoffs. Otherwise, its easy to see them dropping games to a couple of teams with losing records and spending January at home.

[BTW, they were only close on Sunday because San Diego attempted to hand them the game.]

Last edited:
LOL at the "No" response.

Last edited:
IMO, Bengals, Pats, Jags, Rams, and Ravens could all beat the Steelers. Rams and Ravens probably have the worst shot, but they are roadies. If AZ clipped them, why not one of these 2 teams?

As for the Colts, we'll have to see what the roster looks like going into the Jax game.

I think Indy goes 12-4 and the media dry humps the achievement to death.
Merril Hodge will go so far as to say it is more impressive than a 16-0 season, and that home field advantage should be given to the team with the most inspiring, moral victories of the year.
Polian spends an unprecedented amount to have 2 dozen met life blimps hover over the Razor for the entire length of the playoff game vs the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST