Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Goodell attend the season opener in Foxboro?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Will Roger Goodell show up to NFL opener in New England?

The commissioner always has in the past, hasn't he? It will be in the news, show up or not. He's made his nest, and it's lose-lose. I know some here would say Goodell is a psychopath, but the SB and reports of his reaction to Patricia's T-shirt indicate he is capable of feeling shame and torment.

I'm glad the NYT is doing this. It means this is a national story - you're wrong Colin Cowherd. The narrative is changing to: "Can Roger Goodell do his job?" (pun intended) I don't need a job description: A commissioner is expected to give all teams in the league their time, like a good parent, without favorites. It's common knowledge that Goodell is compromised. That alone would be a job disqualifier for positions like this.

What if the boo birds show up at other venues, such as New Orleans? I hope our Saints fans consider how timely it would be, how the cards would start to fall. Remember, he was booed on draft day last year. It would remind the nation of the long list of Goodell fiascos.

Lost the link, but the NFL (Goodell) is doing subtraction by addition. That's why TV ratings took a hit. St. Louis is the 21st largest viewing market. Don't need to tell you they watched less football. LA - a year ago, they probably say competitive teams....this was a hotbed for the Raiders and ratings would have been up if they were still without a team. Now they are forced to watch the Rams or turn off the TV. When the Chargers move - more of the same. Over the past five years, lot's more games in London. The hours are odd - less TV viewers. Las Vegas is a smaller TV market than The Bay, but it's the Raiders. ;)

So Goodell may be at the start of a death spiral. I see one wildcard, that while some may think could help ouster the commissioner could backfire. Please, Mr. President don't tweet about Goodell. Again, I won't predict what might happen, but Goodell's stock is definitely going downward without a push from above.

Last edited:
That's a great article.

I think he shows up. He has to. If he doesn't he'll triple the flames that are burning him now. I hope he doesn't because the repercussions would be insanely satisfying.

The article links to photos from the parade. Good stuff Boston.

Parading Patriots fans got creative with Roger Goodell signs

C4EwKM_UoAAo5oS.jpg

C4EaXNIW8AA0AtI.jpg

C4EuHS4UYAE5pdW.jpg

C4EwdTVVYAABphK.jpg

I'm more interested in Wether or not I attend

He specifically said he would come IF he's invited :)

Nope. He'll make up a lie that will end up being proven wrong and then he'll roll with it anyways.

I think Kraft should make a big public invitation to Goodell. Invite a dozen clowns from a circus to welcome him. Wear a "Roger That" shirt while he's doing it, as he announces opening day everyone gets a free shirt like Patricia was wearing.

Get Bozo the clown to do the national anthem, a circus halftime show, do it all the way up. Make the clown commish feel right at home. Walk an elephant to Goody's car to take a massive **** on it.

He won't show up for the opener but he will show up at the first 1pm home game.

He has to come we are throwing a party for him #clownout

He won't show up for the opener but he will show up at the first 1pm home game.

Yepp. Night games bring out the rowdiest of fans. He will definitely hear it attending the opener.

With that said, it's time. He's got no excuses.

Who cares if he shows up ? I care that he steals picks and spreads lies. But not that he avoids NE.

He can burn. Some on here won't believe me - but despite the $, I'd never want to be him. I'm not for sale & the 32 can't buy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe