PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Cowboys release Marion Barber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fair catch fryar

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've heard rumblings and read it on a few ambiguous blogs at best, but can anyone here tell me anything more on the possibility of Marion Barber being released any day soon by the Cowboys and the chances of NE taking a shot at him?

I've heard rumblings and read it on a few ambiguous blogs at best, but can anyone here tell me anything more on the possibility of Marion Barber being released any day soon by the Cowboys and the chances of NE taking a shot at him?

Im a Jets fan, dont follow the Cowboys that much but I have heard the possibility of this happening here and there.

I remember only a year or two ago this guy was considered a top 5-8 RB and was a BEAST, especially in the Red Zone and short yardage. Then all of the sudden he is finished? Must be injury problems cuz this guy was a player not that long ago.

He was supposed to be the "Bash" in "Bash, Dash & Tash" I'd be suprised if they released Barber. The should be able to find someone to make a trade for him instead. The Cowboys have running backs to spare and there are many other teams out there that would love to have him on their team.

Im a Jets fan, dont follow the Cowboys that much but I have heard the possibility of this happening here and there.

I remember only a year or two ago this guy was considered a top 5-8 RB and was a BEAST, especially in the Red Zone and short yardage. Then all of the sudden he is finished? Must be injury problems cuz this guy was a player not that long ago.

I'm a Cowboys fan - he hasn't really been a happy camper since late in 2008, when he got hurt in that T-Giving day game, it was like a week or 2 later when Jerry questioned his toughness.

It was also the same year when we had that TO-meltdown, which of course SF and Philly suffered as well.

That's the baggage of having TO on your team - it's not so much that he'll ruin your season(alone), which he did in 2008, but he creates alot of locker room divisions, to the point where potential long-term permanent scars are created among the franchise.

It happened to San Francisco - in the early 2000's, Bill Walsh and Co in the front office built a Super Bowl contender(that defense for a time being was something special). However - not only did TO handicap them, but they just were NOT the same team since he left after the 2003 season. I don't think they've recorded a winning record since the 2002 season.

Same with Philly - since they kicked off TO in 2005, McNabb just didn't have the same relationship with his teammates since. Prior to 2005, despite McNabb not having good leadership qualities, he was well loved by his teammates b/c of his lighthearted and joking personality he brought into the locker room. Since then, he just didn't seem to be the same "happy and loose" McNabb, and some of his teammates just didn't seem to see eye to eye with him anymore.

Fortunately, here in Dallas, we didn't suffer THAT much damage post-TO. Tony Romo commanded respect among his teammates. Jason Garrett, unlike Andy Reid, decided to commit running the ball. However - I think through all the TO-tabacle, MB3's feelings may have gotten scared. There were games when MB3 was running effectively, but b/c the coaches and players wanted to make TO happy, they ended up throwing his way many times in some of the games(ie-the 1st Redskins game in 2008 - which happened to be our finale Redskins game at TX Stadium. Barber was running effectively, but we ended up throwing TO's way many times, to the point where Felix Jones didn't even sniff the field).

However - while TO whined about not getting the ball, Barber NOT ONCE complained when he really didn't touch the ball. I think that could have had an effect on his psyches over the long haul.

So no, I don't think Barber is washed up - I just think the post-TO damage, just like in SF and Philly, hit us in a way too.

I don't think Barber gets released. Jones is a beast, but hasn't held up for a whole season yet. For some reason the team doesn't give Choice more love. Choice could start for about a third of the teams if given the opportunity.

If he were to get cut, I would hope BB would be right on top of that and reunite that magical Minnesota backfield of Maroney and Barber. Goodbye Fragile Fred and Soft Sammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes