Should the Patriots cut Tebow?

• Cut Tebow

Votes: 155 64.6%
  • Keep Tebow

Votes: 85 35.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You made the case a whole lot better than I could have. One thing to add is that when both the Julian and Gregorian calendars were developed, the Western world didn't use 0 as a number. It didn't come into use until the 10th century with the introduction of Arabic numerals.

He didn't make any case. He decided that it was easier for some people to work with nice round numbers than to accept the rules of the date system we use and you're too immature to accept that you're wrong but at the same time, I'm too old to waste my time arguing with someone who is clearly driven by their ignorance and need to be right. Somehow I think this isn't the first time you've been told this either.

( the good thing is that I have a new interview question because if I get a response like that, I know I'm not hiring them. )

So you're saying that based on beliefs, people have decided that they don't accept the agreed upon date. Great. I'm deciding that based on the fact that I can't see zero, I'm declaring that there is no such thing and all numbers must have quantity.

Actually, that gets into something different. A date is a fixed point in time. A concept like "century" or "decade" is a classification.

Millennium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The main issues arise from the content of the various year ranges. Similar issues affect the contents of centuries. Decades are usually referred to by their leading numbers and are therefore immune to this controversy: the decade called 1990s would by its naming not include 2000. Similarly the 100 years comprising the 1900s share 99 years in common with the twentieth century, but do not include 2000.

Those following ordinal year names naturally choose
2001–2100 as the current century
2001–3000 as the current millennium

Those following cardinal year names equally naturally choose
2000–2099 as the current century
2000–2999 as the current millennium

I don't see any need for them to release at this point in time and really think that the discussion becomes relevant when it comes to the cutdowns, especially as they close in on final cuts. At this point i think the ideas about him becoming a TE or H-Back have become moot as those positions take time to learn and reps and he apparently isn't getting those reps in practice or pre-season games, so his value is reduced to 3rd string QB, which he doesn't appear to be, and helping them get ready for the read option QB's they will face this season, and although i was leaning that way a week ago I believe that it will come down to whether or not they decide to keep edelman or not. If they decide to keep edelman. which i believe they will ultimately do if he is healthy then there really is no need to keep Tebow to play the role of read option QB's as Edelman can not only do that but can also help them in the passing game and ST's. The Patriots are a Super Bowl contender and as such really don't have extra roster spots to spend on practice squad caliber players. It was good of them to give him a chance but the truth, at least imo, is that Tebow really belongs in a read option offense and would be much better served being a back-up to one of the many read option QB's now in the league. He's a good guy and a hard worker but he is not suited to play QB in the Patriots offense and I would hope that even his hardest core supporters would realize that much. If they really want him to play then they should want him to be in an offense he can actually compete for a spot on, however the only real argument for releasing him now would be to give him that chance to catch on with one of those teams, they don't gain anything by releasing him until they need to.

Actually, that gets into something different. A date is a fixed point in time. A concept like "century" or "decade" is a classification.

Millennium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you understood mathematics, you'd understand the significance of the concept of zero, and how it came later in mathematics and was not universally accepted or understood. Yet, we accept it today as an obvious concept. Ignorance is something you are deciding to choose and rather than learn from your mistake, you're so prideful, you're going to waste more time arguing it than learning from your mistake. Congrats.

If you understood mathematics, you'd understand the significance of the concept of zero, and how it came later in mathematics and was not universally accepted or understood. Yet, we accept it as obvious. Ignorance is something you are deciding to choose and rather than learn from your mistake, you're so prideful, you're going to waste more time arguing it than learning from your mistake. Congrats.

I'm not a mathematician, but I do understand the concept of zero. Wasn't chiding people of the past, just pointing out that when the two calendars emerged, they didn't have 0 as a number, therefore, they wouldn't have used it in either calendar.

As for your claim about my ignorance, it's just that, your claim. I already knew the arguments on both sides. It's not like this is new to me and I entered the discussion blindly.

Ummm, no. The year 2000 was the start of the 21st century. The 20th century ended on Dec. 31st, 1999 at the stroke of midnight.

Thanks for playing though.

As for your claim about my ignorance, it's just that, your claim. I already knew the arguments on both sides. It's not like this is new to me and I entered the discussion blindly.

Really? Because it doesn't seem like you knew both sides of the argument, especially the overwhelmingly accepted one. Would have thought you would of conceded that your view is in the tiny minority instead of ignorantly telling me I'm wrong. Like I said - you're full of it.

Can any of you calendar savants tell the date when Tebow will be cut?

Really? Because it doesn't seem like you knew both sides of the argument, especially the overwhelmingly accepted one. Would have thought you would of conceded that your view is in the tiny minority instead of ignorantly telling me I'm wrong. Like I said - you're full of it.

I didn't quantify views as either majority or minority. What I said is that the subject is under debate around the world.

Needing something to be a majority or minority opinion is a logical fallacy. For example, for quite a long time, the "majority" opinion was that we lived in a geocentric universe.

As for your determination that I am "full of it", I have yet to see anything by you that gives me any concern or high regard for your opinion.

I didn't quantify views as either majority or minority. What I said is that the subject is under debate around the world.

Needing something to be a majority or minority opinion is a logical fallacy. For example, for quite a long time, the "majority" opinion was that we lived in a geocentric universe.

As for your determination that I am "full of it", I have yet to see anything by you that gives me any concern or high regard for your opinion.

You originally said I was flat out wrong, never once mentioned the subject being under debate until you were told you were wrong.

You're a bull**** artist who isn't even a fan of this team, we're on an anonymous message board. There's not much in this world I care less about than your regard for my opinion.

Can any of you calendar savants tell the date when Tebow will be cut?

03/22/2028

Tim retires a patriot, Jonathan Kraft retires #5... Head Coach Tom Brady states, "He may not have thrown a better ball then me, but we certainly won enough Superbowls with his arm"

:spygate:

03/22/2028

Tim retires a patriot, Jonathan Kraft retires #5... Head Coach Tom Brady states, "He may not have thrown a better ball then me, but we certainly won enough Superbowls with his arm"

Ugh, the Tebow-ites are multiplying like ****roaches.

03/22/2028

A fantasy but hey why not.

I'm actually shocked this dead horse of a thread hasn't been closed yet.

Tim looked bad the other day, at the least he seems to be on the team for another week. Let's just let this go until we see what happens with Tampa.

On a separate note, and this is not scientific at all, but I remember celebrating the new millennium on 01/01/2000 not 2001. Cue flaming... now

You originally said I was flat out wrong, never once mentioned the subject being under debate until you were told you were wrong.

You're a bull**** artist who isn't even a fan of this team, we're on an anonymous message board. There's not much in this world I care less about than your regard for my opinion.

I said that you were flat out wrong because...... wait for it......gasp........shocker....... I believe that the view you hold is WRONG.

Not that difficult a concept to follow :)

Tim looked bad the other day, at the least he seems to be on the team for another week. Let's just let this go until we see what happens with Tampa.

On a separate note, and this is not scientific at all, but I remember celebrating the new millennium on 01/01/2000 not 2001. Cue flaming... now

Wikipedia on the "21st century"
The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001, and will end on December 31, 2100.[1] It is the 1st century of the 3rd millennium.

Any other argument or red herring to distract from the fact (not opinion, fact) that this century started on January 1 2001 is completely irrelevant.

I said that you were flat out wrong because...... wait for it......gasp........shocker....... I believe that the view you hold is WRONG.

Not that difficult a concept to follow :)

"You are wrong" is making a statement of fact (which in this case, is untrue)

"I believe the view you hold is wrong" is expressing your opinion.

You said the former and now you're backtracking to the latter. There is a difference.

Just sayin'.

It's one freakin' year people. Let's compromise and say that it started 1st July 2000.

s332-blessed-are-the-peace-makers-stickers.gif

Well then, from now on we'll just base the timeline of world events on your own personal experiences and how/when you celebrated them.

****roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick