PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Charger-fan should be worried about Rivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you mean by best. The West was the only division with three teams over .500. The top 3 in the West finished 1st, 6th and 7th in the AFC. The top three in the East finished 4th, 5th and 12th.

The awful Raiders drag down our division because of their 2-14 schedule, but the rest of the division is pretty solid. The Bills and Jets and Fins are pretty mediocre.

Ahhh, I'm glad we finally come to this!

Bills were 7-9.

Jets were 10-6.

Fins were 6-10.

This is, by your own admission, a "mediocre" group.

These are the kinds of teams and the kinds of records that absolutely filled your schedule this year.

So, the truth is now revealed. You as much as admit you've done this year what you've done against "mediocre" opposition.

That's all I wanted to hear.

Thank you!

Ahhh, I'm glad we finally come to this!

Bills were 7-9.

Jets were 10-6.

Fins were 6-10.

This is, by your own admission, a "mediocre" group.

These are the kinds of teams and the kinds of records that absolutely filled your schedule this year.

So, the truth is now revealed. You as much as admit you've done this year what you've done against "mediocre" opposition.

That's all I wanted to hear.

Thank you!

haha, this guy is still posting? i thought he would've given up after the beating i gave him yesterday. "the chargers have a weak schedule! the chargers have a weak schedule!!" waaaah waaaaah waaaaaah...

images

Honestly, this is a dumb debate anyway. We're talking about 1 game of seperation between two divisions. I've always hated the "our division is better than your division" and omg, our strength of schdule r0x0rs your b0x0rs" type arguments. It seems like they rarely actually mean anything when the game is played.

To me, these are the things that will really matter Sunday.

Patriots have a great postseason QB and will be very well prepared.

The Chargers have the best running-game in the NFL.

The Chargers had a bye week and are playing at home.

Everywhere else it looks fairly even to me.

i agree with you that debating the stronger division is dumb. what's even dumber though is a Chargers fan trying to sell the west as being a better division when the only way to do so involves cherry-picking the numbers that favor you.

Last edited:
haha, this guy is still posting? i thought he would've given up after the beating i gave him yesterday. "the chargers have a weak schedule! the chargers have a weak schedule!!" waaaah waaaaah waaaaaah...

images

Yeah, this guy is still here. You still down there in the basement posting from your Mom's PC?

images

What beating was that, boy? We all missed that....

um, i'm sure you would be able to find it.. the thread isn't too far down. no go back there and flip my burger, son.

Umm, Mr. Debater, why don't YOU find it? Don't try to waste my time telling me to try finding something that doesn't exist!

Flip your own burger, dork!

(As an aside, I'm curious - does your Mom's PC have a broken Shift key, or are you trying to emulate e e cummings?)

from the cold, hard football facts guys:

One: Belichick owns quarterbacks in the postseason
Chad Pennington acquitted himself quite well in the Jets’ 37-16 loss to the Patriots on Sunday.

He completed 23 of 40 passes for 300 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT and a 79.2 passer rating.

It actually stands as one of the better performances ever against a Bill Belichick defense in the postseason.

Belichick has coached 28 playoff games as a defensive coordinator or head coach. Pennington was just the sixth quarterback in those 28 games to reach the 300-yard mark.

Here’s a look at the cumulative passing performance of opposing quarterbacks in these 28 postseason games against a Belichick defense:

534 for 1,016 (51.6%), 6,530 yards, 6.5 YPA, 30 TDs, 39 INTs, 66.5 passer rating

Eleven of those games were played against MVP-award-winning QBs; six were played against future Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

Seriously, the man turns it up a notch in the post-season. No vanilla schemes, a team that knows their ***** by heart, and a singular focus. Philip Rivers is a nice QB, and maybe he'll have a great game, but the odds say he should be tossing and turning just about now.

you can play the odds, or you can simply watch Rivers with your eyes and see that he's not Big Ben circa 2004.

BILL ISN'T GAMEPLANING FOR A QB THIS WEEK, HE'S GAMEPLANING FOR A RUNNING BACK.

Gates is a bigger offensive factor in this game than LT.

Look, the Chargers are going to score their points.

The real ODDS are that the game comes down to two things:
1. our passing game (which I actually think matches up well as long as we don't fall behind)
2. mistakes (if breaks go their way it will be worse than Denver last year)

THE CHARGERS WILL SCORE. DO NOT SIT THERE HOPING FOR RIVERS TO PISS HIS PANTS.

It really could be a classic.

btw, I heard Felger say that Rivers could be better than TB...first off, is he on drugs? second, Felger thinks PR has a bigger arm...Felger has a fetish for arm strength (also thinks Carson is better because of a "bigger arm). Rivers throws a great ball but arm strength is not his biggest asset...he was always accused of an average arm in college...but very accurate. When will Felger ever wake up and see that Tom can make any throw with ease...I mean is this shot put?...is the goal to throw the ball over the stadium? How much more strength could he actually use? Last Sunday Tom stood on the 50 yard line and threw a perfect rainbow to Gaffney in the back corner of the end zone...that's a 70 yard throw...on a dime...with EASE. Really, get off the arm strength fetish Felger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes