Ben Watson
Pierre Woods

Who's Not:

Monty Beisel
Martin Gramatica
Chad Jackson
Patrick Pass

Brandon Gorin

That's all I can think of for negatives. Gorin is my favorite whipping boy, and he had some problems. Hochstein did too.

Beisel, Gramatica, and the rest are on their simply for one reason:

As we all witnessed tonight, this team is really starting to come together. Unfortunately, and it's not entirely the players' fault, they are left behind.

Last edited:
I still think Jackson will give us some thrills this season. I just have a good feeling about him.

PromisedLand said:
I still think Jackson will give us some thrills this season. I just have a good feeling about him.

So do I. But when the team has a great success like tonight, and players are gelling and getting much more comfortable, Jacksonnot partaking in it isn't going to doom his season, but it's not helping him either.

Get well soon, Chad.

pats1 said:
Who's Hot:

Tully Banta-Cain
Troy Brown
Matt Cassel
Bam Childressl
Heath Evans
Stephen Gostkowski
Dan Klecko
Laurence Maroney
Garrett Mills
Dave Thomas
Ben Watson
Pierre Woods

Who's Not:

Monty Beisel
Martin Gramatica
Chad Jackson
Patrick Pass

Brandon Gorin

That's all I can think of for negatives. Gorin is my favorite whipping boy, and he had some problems. Hochstein did too.

Beisel, Gramatica, and the rest are on their simply for one reason:

As we all witnessed tonight, this team is really starting to come together. Unfortunately, and it's not entirely the players' fault, they are left behind.
I'm sorry Mike, if someone is out with an injury they don't belong on the list, that's cold dude. And Gramatica was sitting for another reason; Gorin shouldn't be at LT period.

How about Britt on the Not Hot list... comes in to replace O'C, get's beaten and next play O'C is back. When he was back in later, sounded like he had trouble clearing the passing lane as well. (This is all just heresay for me though, somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

Box_O_Rocks said:
I'm sorry Mike, if someone is out with an injury they don't belong on the list, that's cold dude. And Gramatica was sitting for another reason; Gorin shouldn't be at LT period.

It is cold, but I'm desperate for somebody - anybody - for the "Who's Not" category!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
How about Britt on the Not Hot list... comes in to replace O'C, get's beaten and next play O'C is back. When he was back in later, sounded like he had trouble clearing the passing lane as well. (This is all just heresay for me though, somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

I read the same from Reiss. I'll have to check it out.

Who's Hot:

Barry Gardner

I would add Warfield to the Who's Not and possibly Andrews.

O'Callaghan played the whole first half and usually completed his assignments. He should be on the Who's Hot, IMO.

Beisel should be on the who's hot list.

He didn't put a foot wrong today...

They just asked BB what he thought of Leinart. You know he doesn't like to comment on other teams players, but his answer had a neat little edge: "I like the QB we got from USC". He is almost waxing poetic about Matt (by BB standards).

MoLewisrocks said:
They just asked BB what he thought of Leinart. You know he doesn't like to comment on other teams players, but his answer had a neat little edge: "I like the QB we got from USC". He is almost waxing poetic about Matt (by BB standards).
LOL... that's classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
TO me klecko is gone regardless,
And goko Did his job but gramatica didn't have a chance.
No doubt we all wan't Goko to win the job,but to say gramatica is out after a 2nd season game ----ok

Last edited by a moderator:
NOT:

NFL Network announcing team. I'm usually pretty tolerant of announcers, but that was painful. The 432 repetitions of "decisive" were bad enough, but the knockout punch came after a nice play by Troy Brown:

"You can't teach that! That's learned behavior!"

:violent:

On Patriots 5th Quarter and Belichick's press conference, he actually had unequivocal positive things to say about Cassel. He flagged him as having a really good week of practice and noted that that usually carries over into the game. When asked to name a player who really showed up well, he didn't hesitate in saying that was Cassel.

We have obviously not been able to really judge whether good performances from Cassel starting with the Miami game are all that indicative or judge whether his problems are symptoms of shortcomings.

But this game I think does set a benchmark that we can actually say this guy looks pretty good and may be a really solid backup for Brady. It is, of course, still very much a preseason environment, but he looked like there is a good chance that he has IT. Pretty good feeling.

Thomas and Mills did their blocks really well on the Evans TD run.

patchick said:
"You can't teach that! That's learned behavior!"

:violent:
You have GOT to be making that up. I don't think even Madden would say something that dumb.

Didn't Hobbs get burned badly a couple of times? I know he did at least once, had the holding penalty, and I thought I remembered a wide open drop from the receiver he was covering.

MoLewisrocks said:
HAHAHA. CLASSIC. :D :rocker:

jaychamp said:
Didn't Hobbs get burned badly a couple of times? I know he did at least once, had the holding penalty, and I thought I remembered a wide open drop from the receiver he was covering.
I wouldnt call it badly as the Card's never even scored a touchdown and neither oftheir recievers were amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News