PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who to root for....week 9 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't we be worried about winning the division before home field :confused:

Not in my opinion. Always root for the team with the better record to lose, unless the team in your division is only one game behind you. If the Dolphins (2 1/2 games behind us) catch us now, we're not going to be champs anyway.

I like most your picks. Although, I'm cheering for Texans to win this one. I think the Chargers could be far more dangerous in the playoffs than the Texans. I don't want to see SD again. Plus I wouldn't mind seeing Texans win their division over the Colts.

Exactly what I was thinking also.

Last edited:
Week 9 Games

Patriots (6-1) at Browns (2-5) -- Will BB and EM shake hands?

Jets (5-2) at Lions (2-5) The Jets suck. For details see http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/336852-jets-suck-merged.html

Dolphins (4-3) at Ravens (5-2) - Dolphins are division rival so I want them to lose. But the Ravens are more of a threat for homefield/byes. This one confuses me. I am going with the Dolphins.

Chiefs (5-2) at Raiders (4-4) - The Seymour pick.

Saints (5-3) at Panthers (1-6) - Our second round pick.

Cardinals (3-4) at Vikings (2-5), -Our third round pick. Plus laughing at the Vikings has become a new hobby for me.

Steelers (5-2) at Bengals (2-5) - Steelers are only a game back, and the Bengals can catch the Raiders.

Bears (4-3) at Bills (0-7) - Bills need to win a couple to get out in front of Oakland, Vikings and Panthers. Okay I have lost hope on them getting ahead of Oakland. But at least the Panthers.

Buccaneers (5-2) at Falcons (5-2) -- Two best teams in the NFC. Only game I have absolutely no rooting interest in. Weird.

Chargers (3-5) at Texans (4-2), Texans have the better record and we have tie breakers over SD.

Colts (4-2) at Eagles (4-3) - Manning is over rated.

Cowboys (1-6) at Packers (5-3), While laughing at the Cowboys is almost as much fun as laughing at the Vikings. I don't want them picking before our traded picks.

Giants (5-2) at Seahawks (4-3), Eff you Tyree. (yeah, I know he ain't on the team anymore)

Byes: 49ers (2-6), Broncos (2-6), Jaguars (4-4), Rams (4-4), Redskins (4-4), Titans (5-3)

I agree with everything you said, except I would rather have the Dolphins lose. We hold the tie breakers over the Ravens at this point, and the Dolphins are still a little too close for comfort in the division for my taste. I'll take the Bucs in your non-pick game because I think they are a good story.

Who we're rooting for Week 9

I love these threads and I was waiting for the person who started the concept to post (usually does so on Thu-Fri); nothing yet so I figured I'd give it a try:

•Jets at Lions: Pretty straight forward
Dolphins at Ravens: Mmm, could go either way. At this point I see Balt as more of a threat for a playoff bye than I see Miami as a threat for the division.
NE at Cle: Of course.
• SD at Hou: I'd really prefer not to see SD in the playoffs
• Bears at Bills: Need Buffalo to win a few for the sake of the Panthers' #2 pick
Arizona at Vikings. Just cuz it's funny to see Chilly lose
• TB at Atlanta: Good game. Going with Atlanta b/c of Ryan but I like the Bucs' story (and the more Freeman wins the more I can point out the Jets could have had him at 17)
• Giants and Seahawks: Rooting against a NY/Manning team is a no-brainer
• Colts at Philly: Rooting against Indy/Manning is a no-brainer
Chiefs at Raiders: Nice to see this rivalry count again, though we're all rooting for Oakland to start losing again. Go Chefs!
Dallas at Green Bay: Only because of the Panther pick
• Steelers at Bengals: Rooting against another playoff bye challenger

Re: Who we're rooting for Week 9

http://http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/690552-who-root-week-9-edition.html

Week 9 Games

Patriots (6-1) at Browns (2-5) -- Will BB and EM shake hands?

Jets (5-2) at Lions (2-5) The Jets suck. For details see The Jets suck (merged)

Dolphins (4-3) at Ravens (5-2) - Dolphins are division rival so I want them to lose. But the Ravens are more of a threat for homefield/byes. This one confuses me. I am going with the Dolphins.

Chiefs (5-2) at Raiders (4-4) - The Seymour pick.

Saints (5-3) at Panthers (1-6) - Our second round pick.

Cardinals (3-4) at Vikings (2-5), -Our third round pick. Plus laughing at the Vikings has become a new hobby for me.

Steelers (5-2) at Bengals (2-5) - Steelers are only a game back, and the Bengals can catch the Raiders.

Bears (4-3) at Bills (0-7) - Bills need to win a couple to get out in front of Oakland, Vikings and Panthers. Okay I have lost hope on them getting ahead of Oakland. But at least the Panthers.

Buccaneers (5-2) at Falcons (5-2) -- Two best teams in the NFC. Only game I have absolutely no rooting interest in. Weird.

Chargers (3-5) at Texans (4-2), Texans have the better record and we have tie breakers over SD.

Colts (4-2) at Eagles (4-3) - Manning is over rated.

Cowboys (1-6) at Packers (5-3), While laughing at the Cowboys is almost as much fun as laughing at the Vikings. I don't want them picking before our traded picks.

Giants (5-2) at Seahawks (4-3), Eff you Tyree. (yeah, I know he ain't on the team anymore)

Byes: 49ers (2-6), Broncos (2-6), Jaguars (4-4), Rams (4-4), Redskins (4-4), Titans (5-3)

already posted i believe

Last edited:

Great year to be watching picks. We have a great opportunity to pick early in round 2 (Panthers) and round 3 (Vikings). I think the #1 (Oakland) will end up out of the top 10, but really can't complain can we. Have I missed any? Denver's pick (4) goes to Seattle, right.

Great year to be watching picks. We have a great opportunity to pick early in round 2 (Panthers) and round 3 (Vikings). I think the #1 (Oakland) will end up out of the top 10, but really can't complain can we. Have I missed any? Denver's pick (4) goes to Seattle, right.

You missed the Saint's 7th. Seahawks get the higher of two 4th round picks. Hopefully that will be Denvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes