PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the best available Kickoff/Punt returner? / Devin Hester released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think that we'd have Whelan or Lewis returning punts. However, since Belichick hasn't made that choice, perhaps we do indeed need to add someone.

I'm OK with Chung and Bolden (or perhaps White) on kickoff returns.

Tom Brady. Chug, chug. :eek:

What is the cap hit with Hester? What are the down sides to kicking the tires on him?

Let Lewis, Edelman "Do Their Job" at their job. Taking them out of position can be devastating to our Offense. WE of all should know injuries do happen but why put them in a high risk. I remember Gronk being put on ST for extra point and broke his arm on a fluke play.

Let Lewis, Edelman "Do Their Job" at their job. Taking them out of position can be devastating to our Offense. WE of all should know injuries do happen but why put them in a high risk. I remember Gronk being put on ST for extra point and broke his arm on a fluke play.
Football players play football

I suppose ?

What if its a scheme by the Ravens knowing our return issues and if we were to pick him up and face the Ravens again he "accidentally fumbles" costing us the game #ReturnGate

Resign Keshawn Martin.. knows the system. Or wait till next year and sign FA Cordarelle Patterson

...Slater would be fine, just needs more practice himself...
No he would not be fine, at all.
His complete lack of anything even remotely resembling field vision is shocking.
He hasn't learned a damned thing regarding returning KOs (or anything else, really, except for being a
"gunner") in over 8 years.

Devin Hester Released

He isn't what he once was, but he CAN field punts and kickoffs. We could def use him I'd think. Thoughts?

Oops. Didn't realize this was being discussed in another thread. Don't know how to delete. Mod plaese delete. Thanks & sorry

Haven't watched the ratbirds enough to know about Hester. Certainly he understands his role back there, at least!
He played for about 7 years for the Bears and holds the record for most return touchdowns, punts/kickoffs. He has 315 punt returns & 295 kickoffs. His best years are long behind him, but he is pretty dependable at fielding the ball.

Oops. Just read he has 5 fumbles THIS YEAR, though he only lost one, but still, losing or recovering has a lot of luck involved due to the funny way the ball bounces. You simply can't afford to fumble returns at all

Resign Keshawn Martin.. knows the system. Or wait till next year and sign FA Cordarelle Patterson

According to Reiss, the Pats and Keshawn Martin are still at-odds over an injury grievance that arose when he was cut

I thought Keyshawn Martin was pretty good. He played in 9 games for us and caught 24 passes for 269 yards and 2 touchdowns. He was released in Nov by the 49ers.

Edelman should be on PR duty for now, I don't care if he fair catches everything.

KR I'm less worried about.... Slater's fumble was more of an isolated incident. Dion, Chung, whatever. Again, just take the touchback (like Lewis did 1 yard deep in the endzone), and maintain possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST