PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has the best career playoff QB rating in Patriots' History?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Guess again... minimum 70 attempts.

Answer: Tony Eason

Eason 42/72 561 yards 7 TDs, 0 INTs 115.6 rating 3-2 record
Brady 225/367 2493 yards 15 TDs, 5 INTs 89.4 rating 10-1 record

Just goes to show you how misleading statistics are.
Another question would be, what Patriot qb wore a dress during playoff games?

scout said:
Just goes to show you how misleading statistics are.
Another question would be, what Patriot qb wore a dress during playoff games?
very true.:)

PonyExpress said:
Eason 3-2 record
Brady 10-1 record

Only numbers that matter IMHO are these!!!

Pat the Pats Fan said:
Only numbers that matter IMHO are these!!!

and he probably has the lowest SB rating 39.53 for an 0 for 6 with a few sacks and a fumble thrown in........

Patsfanin Philly said:
and he probably has the lowest SB rating 39.53 for an 0 for 6 with a few sacks and a fumble thrown in........
Eason's SB rating of 39.6 actually was better than Peyton Manning's 35.5 against the Pats in the '03 AFCCG.:)

Patsfanin Philly said:

Which was actually better than Roethlisberger's 22.6 this year.

How can you compare 11 games to 5 games? It is not a just average. How many SB MVP QB's played for the Pats?

Digger44 said:
How can you compare 11 games to 5 games? It is not a just average. How many SB MVP QB's played for the Pats?
Nobody's saying Eason could even carry Brady's jock. It's just an interesting statistical oddity. Eason does deserve a little credit for never throwing a postseason pick.

PonyExpress said:
Nobody's saying Eason could even carry Brady's jock. It's just an interesting statistical oddity. Eason does deserve a little credit for never throwing a postseason pick.
Eason deserves as much credit as any man who wears a dress.

In the interest of a balanced discussion:

John Hannah wasn't funny when he played, and he's no more funny now. If he'd FOR ONCE kept his ******* pie hole shut and been a leader instead of a gold plated, finger-pointing prick he always was, maybe he could have helped Eason instead of trashing him.

Personally, I was a Grogan man. But in the three game run to Super Bowl XX, Tony Eason did exactly his job, no more, no less. He did what he was asked to do. I liked Grogan's experience and leadership, he was an inspiration, but Eason did the job and handled a very conservative offense well.

What was John Hannah wearing during the Bears game, by the way? Seemed to me that the biggest problem for our qb's in that game was that anybody could get to the quarterback at any time. Of course, after the game, Hannah placed the blame squarely on the easiest target, and he skated off unblemished as the 'greatest Patriot of all-time'. Horse****. Anybody who was paying attention during the 70's and 80's ought to know that John Hannah was about himself, first, last and the hell with everybody else.

I'm almost certain these comments will be completely ignored in favor of more 'dress' jokes.

Last edited:
I was always an Eason fan, and mentioned him recently in the thread about the all-time greatest Patriots --- I think I ranked him #19 or some such. The alpha-male fans were so busy disliking him that they overlooked the fact that he led us to a Super Bowl. It burned them that he did it instead of Grogan. I would even go so far as to say that 1985 Eason had a hint of the coolness under pressure that Montana and Brady are famous for. (Now I'll curl up into fetal position to withstand the brick throwers lambasting me for saying Eason was as good as Montana and Brady.) :bricks:

P.S. Pats67, I agree that the dress comments have long since grown old. I guess it's easier to make that argument than to think or reason.

shakadave said:
I was always an Eason fan, and mentioned him recently in the thread about the all-time greatest Patriots --- I think I ranked him #19 or some such. The alpha-male fans were so busy disliking him that they overlooked the fact that he led us to a Super Bowl. It burned them that he did it instead of Grogan. I would even go so far as to say that 1985 Eason had a hint of the coolness under pressure that Montana and Brady are famous for. (Now I'll curl up into fetal position to withstand the brick throwers lambasting me for saying Eason was as good as Montana and Brady.) :bricks:

P.S. Pats67, I agree that the dress comments have long since grown old. I guess it's easier to make that argument than to think or reason.

The statistics support your argument that he is an overlooked patriot. I would like to know what the record is for most pass attempts in the playoffs without an interception to begin a career. Maybe Eason's patriot file should be reopened for further investigation. It's sad he didn't even come back here with the '85 team anniversary last year for fear of being booed. I liked him as a kid. If you look at the rest of the QBs the Bears played in the playoffs that year, they were all destroyed by Chicago. There is no shame in being beaten by maybe the greatest team, and the greatest defense, of all time.

Last edited:
I'm sick of the Eason bashing. The kid was no Hall of Famer, but he had more moxy than most give him credit for. He had a couple of darn good years in New England: 1984-1986.

It still amazes me how fickle some fans are/were. Grogan was lambasted worse than any NE QB during his years - ever!

Yet now you can hardly find anyone to fess up to ever bashing him. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes