PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Super Bowls did you skip?

I remember skipping the Seattle/Pittsburgh superbowl I believe in 06.. we lost to Denver in the divisional round the ben watson rundown on champ Bailey playoff game...

I skipped indy/Chicago superbowl in 07..

We're up 21-3 at halftime and then manning came to life.. told a poster on here had we resigned ty law that season we win!

Denver/Carolina 2016 superbowl I skipped that one as well..
Everyone having the flu in that game that year is what killed that team. Defense wore down in the second half because they were gassed, and obviously Manning pulled it out. Which is frustrating because New England would have rolled over Chicago whereas Indy was up 16-14 at the half and had to pull away late to beat them.

I skipped the Harbaugh Bowl, because I would have been rooting for the meteor. I'll probably skip this one too, not because I'm not interested but because I have no innate service to watch Fox on and I've run out of free trials of streaming services. So my choices are sketchy streams that never seem to work right for me, or paying like $50+ for a month of a service I'll only use to watch one game. If it were the Patriots, I'd do it, but not for KC-Philly. Just don't care enough.
Just canceled DirecTV Friday. Asked for them to turn it off Monday and I'm officially finished with them now that the Sunday Ticket contract has ended. I'll subscribe to YouTube TV in August, so that takes care of that ;)

Denver-Carolina. We always host a party, go out or do something for the game. We did nothing that year. Had the game on the small bedroom TV and checked the score periodically. Watched our friend Cam choke away a winnable game at the end.

No Pats, No SB for me. Couple exceptions. Saw last quarter where Manning lost to NO via a pick 6. Sadly saw Mahomes' win because I was visiting friends who knew nothing about the NFL but tortured me by forcing me to watch the game so I could explain it to them.
If my phone has it a close game or an Eagles blowout I may watch 4th QTR to relish Mahomes/KC loss.
Much less interested in NFL than I used to be. Spoiled.

No Pats, No SB for me. Couple exceptions. Saw last quarter where Manning lost to NO via a pick 6. Sadly saw Mahomes' win because I was visiting friends who knew nothing about the NFL but tortured me by forcing me to watch the game so I could explain it to them.
If my phone has it a close game or an Eagles blowout I may watch 4th QTR to relish Mahomes/KC loss.
Much less interested in NFL than I used to be. Spoiled.
this

Everyone having the flu in that game that year is what killed that team. Defense wore down in the second half because they were gassed, and obviously Manning pulled it out. Which is frustrating because New England would have rolled over Chicago whereas Indy was up 16-14 at the half and had to pull away late to beat them.
Yes, I remember hearing reports the Colts turned up the temperature in the RCA dome back then... great year for the defense.. boy if we had retained branch and law we easily win another ring..

That's right up there with the undrafted season as missed opportunities

Reactions: Ian
Recently, like the last decade or so, I completely tune out once the Pats season is over.

I'm not as worried about KC as most pats fans are.. as I've stated we've had 2 decades of dominance.... I can comfortably sit here and say it will never be replicated again! Even though we may not be superbowl participants.. our offense will be... KC is running the Brady patriots offense

So…I’ve always had it on and hosted or been at a party, but if the Patriots are not playing, I barely pay attention and honestly probably have more fun, eat more, etc.

When the Patriots are in it, I don’t go to parties because I’m way too intense.

I also usually don’t eat much, and pace.

So this year has been unique in that AT NO POINT did I feel the Patriots had a shot at a deep playoff run so I had no expectations, was only really disappointed in how bad the offense looked, but didn’t get upset about missing the playoffs.

We have folks coming over, lots of food, some tasty drinks.

Don’t really care who wins.

One gripe…Superbowl commercials are trash now.

Curious to see if anyone in here was as bitter as I was after the Patriots got knocked out of the playoffs and didn't bother watching the Super Bowl. We had a couple where we went out to dinner and the restaurants were essentially empty, which was sort of crazy but my family and I actually had a decent time on the times where we ended up doing that.

I didn't watch either of the Super Bowls following the losses to Manning in the AFC Championship games (both with Indianapolis and with Denver). And I skipped the one after the AFC Championship loss to Baltimore. Losing to Manning was irritating because that was right at the height of Brady/Manning and seeing Manning potentially go on to win was something I didn't want to spend time witnessing.

So I'm curious to hear if anyone else if I'm the only one who has skipped any of the games the Patriots weren't in for similar reasons.
I missed most of the Colts versus Bears, probably caught a few plays at most. That loss in the 2006 AFCCG was a hard pill to swallow.

What sucks is how rarely the team I'm rooting for comes through against a Patriots/Brady rival since around 2001.

Pittsburgh over Seattle
Indianapolis over Chicago
Pittsburgh over Arizona
Green Bay over Pittsburgh
Baltimore over San Francisco
Seattle over Denver
Denver over Carolina
Kansas City over San Francisco
Los Angeles Rams over Cincinnati

Nine times I've watched, rooting against Roethslisberger, Manning, Mahomes, Ray Ray, etc and only two wins, and both wins were by teams that then became completely unlikeable d-bags. Yes, I get that the teams I'm rooting for were often the underdog but still think this is disproportionate.

Just canceled DirecTV Friday. Asked for them to turn it off Monday and I'm officially finished with them now that the Sunday Ticket contract has ended. I'll subscribe to YouTube TV in August, so that takes care of that ;)
I’ve had directv for years only because of Sunday ticket. Although I do get the baseball package too.
My local fox is fighting with dtv so I have had to use an antenna to watch Fox for 3-4 months.
Can’t see myself keeping DTV but I’ll have to find a way to get Red Sox games, can’t imaging it would be too expensive.

Reactions: Ian
I missed a couple/few SB’s but the one that sticks out is after the brutal loss to Indy where the consolation prize were da Bears. Rex Grossman. Ugh!

Ravens vs. 49ers for obvious reasons. That has been the only one. Will be passing on this year’s game as well.

50. Foregone conclusion. The league wasn’t going to let Peyton not win that one.

These are also the games I completely boycotted, and was shown to be correct in doing so.

Ain't gonna watch this one either.

#NotMyAFCChamps

#NotMySB

#RefuseToComply

I skipped the Indy-Bears game (which was easy because I was living in Asia.

Also skipped the Harbaugh bowl and TB/KC.

I wish I skipped 42, too.

Indy-Bears. I was still so angry and depressed about the end of the AFC champ game (12 men penalty when all they needed was one first down late in the 4th still pisses me off).

I knew that Chicago had no chance.

We're up 21-3 at halftime and then manning came to life.. told a poster on here had we resigned ty law that season we win!
They came to life because Manning figured out the Pats couldn't defend a TE to save their life. In fact, every TE on the roster caught passes that day and Bill couldn't do a damn thing to stop it. The CB's in that game had very little to do with the outcome. Ty Law would've been useful the year prior where Jake Plummer was taking deep shots and completing them two games in a row. However, Tom Brady could not figure out that crappy defense the Broncos ran that was destroyed one week later by a 2nd year QB.

None. It's a football event, the last game of the year, and a de-facto national holiday. I won't ever skip, even if the Jete make it someday.

Jete in Super Bowl...
Brad Pitt Laughing GIF

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3