PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which former Patriot player (between 2000-2008) do you miss the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily in this order:

Willie McGinest
Lawyer Milloy
Chris Slade
Troy Brown
Adam Vinatieri
Shockmain Davis

Willie!

But I also miss that one "you can't overthrow him" finger tip 60 yard grab that Bethel made. The rest of his Pats career pretty much sucked though. (Do the rules of the thread require he still be in the NFL?):rolleyes:

I have to go with Willie McGinest. And it's not really close for me. He made so many plays at big moments and was a real team leader, by all accounts.

But I agree with the poster who noted that Graham might have made a big difference in SB 42. Having him in there to help with the blocking would have helped a lot, as Watson is not as good a blocker as Daniel, and Kyle Brady was somewhat of a disappointment toward the end of the year, in my view.

McGinest, first and foremost. That may become Brown, though, as soon as the team actually takes the field without him.

Ty Law. Nobody can get inside Peyton Manning's head like Law can. I hope we can resign him to some sort of vet minimum in the offseason still.

Maybe so, but Jarvis Green sure does come in a close second.

Earthwind Moreland - Miss hearing that name mentioned even though there are obvious reasons why he's not still here.

McGinest, first and foremost. That may become Brown, though, as soon as the team actually takes the field without him.

They pretty much went through the 07 season without him.
But yeah, Troy will be missed immensely.
One player who brought so much more to the table than any one could expect.

#55, Big Willie Mac :) He was awesome, and he always seemed like he really loved playing here. He always seemed to engage with the fans as well. He was a good Patriot.

After him, it's Ty then Lawyer, but it's a close call. Ty just rocked-I hope he comes back and faces Peyton one more time ;)

The Lawyer and the Law. The Firm.

I had the poster of them back in the day, still do somewhere....

I loved Deion Branch too (I live about 10 miles from U of L stadium =P).

I believe that as this season progresses, the name Roosevelt Colvin will be on all of our lips. Still can't figure out why he was released, and so quickly and easily.

Willie!

But I also miss that one "you can't overthrow him" finger tip 60 yard grab that Bethel made. The rest of his Pats career pretty much sucked though. (Do the rules of the thread require he still be in the NFL?):rolleyes:

I have to disagree. Bethel's kick returns played a HUGE part in our victory at Indy in the McGinest stop at the 1yd line on Edge James.
We had a huge lead and blew it...then Bethel came through on Special Teams.
If we lose that game...we don't get home field advantage and the AFCCG is in Indy instead of the Razor...maybe no SB?.

Last edited:
1. Ty Law: Thought he was a bit overrated before the 2001 season. It wasn't till the 2003 playoff game against Indy that I began to think that this guy was irreplaceable. He was always a favorite, but I couldn't but think that he was better than the effort he put out. Would love it if he came back and/or never left.

2. Deion Branch: Killed me when he wanted to be traded because he was truly Tom's go-to guy. I have to admit, if Branch would had gotten a big contract, than the Pats might never had gotten either Moss or Welker.

3. David Givens: Straight up clutch. He always seemed to get the job done down the field and find the ball for a play. I miss David Patten, but not nearly as much as Givens.

4. Bryan Cox: Was my second favorite Dolphin behind Dan Marino (respect). He had intensity and leadership. Has to be one of the most underrated LBs of all time.

5. Roman Phifer: I just remember him being a reliable linebacker. He is sentimental because he was on that first championship team.

6. Joe Andruzzi: More so for his play on the field, but who doesn't remember him running onto the field after 9/11 with the American flag.

7. Ted Washingon: Just a band-aid, but he really could plug the middle with all 365 pounds of defensive tackle.

Corey Dillon-went from locker room cancer to ULTIMATE team player.

I believe that as this season progresses, the name Roosevelt Colvin will be on all of our lips. Still can't figure out why he was released, and so quickly and easily.

Maybe that foot injury he sustained late last year was actually more serious than was reported?

There were a number of teams(including the Eagles, believe it not) that showed interest in him, but passed after he visited them.

Close,but I'll have to say Willie McGinest,Ted Johnson and Ty Law get honourable mention.....

Maybe that foot injury he sustained late last year was actually more serious than was reported?

What!!! I am shocked. Shocked, I say. How dare you suggest that BB would not be completely candid and open about team injuries. What kind of hater are you? To suggest that BB would be at all misleading with a players injury, I can not believe I am reading that. You are the worst form of troll for dare suggesting that. :)

I really liked David Givens and Deion Branch. They were good buddies. Willie Mac tho, he was such a good guy and had a great personality and a good sense of humor. I loved McGinnest.

Michael Bishop.

okay, seriously

Probably TL24.

2000 is the earliest?

I guess I'll also add TG88. As much as he almost ****ed us over for being a **** up, he is one of the best WRs in team history.

Earthwind Moreland...... ahhhh I mean

Chris Canty................ ahhhh I mean

Steve Martin.............. ahhhh I mean

Bethel Johnson........... ahhhh I mean

Ken Walter................ ahhhh I mean

Seriously though I probably miss David Givens and clock killin' Corey Dillon a lot! And Curtis Martin, and Robert Edwards...... what could have been!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back