PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where does it say that Welker's deal is cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
All I've seen is that he'd be getting a massive 7 year, $38 million dollar deal.

Now I also find it pretty crazy to give him this much, but all kinds of posters seem to already believe that he won't be getting that much, and I've seen 6 years for 18 million more than a couple times.

Where are you getting this info? Or are you just presuming?

Last edited:
All I've seen is that he'd be getting a massive 7 year, $38 million dollar deal.

Now I also find it pretty crazy to give him this much, but all kinds of posters seem to already believe that he won't be getting that much, and I've seen 6 years for 18 million more than a couple times.

probably about 20 million of that he will never see

its called the poison pill there is a provision, usually like something ridiculous like if he played 5 or more games in a season in miami the contract becomes guaranteed, and now if miami matches that 5 or more games in miami will always happen so thats 38 million guaranteed, for the pats it will prob be 6 years at 3 mill per then the 7th year money he will never see

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say this anywhere but you have to assume it.

You have to believe that the pats wouldn't honestly pay him that much, but offer him that much so that if the Phins really wanted him, they would have to pay way more than he's worth.

It's a great move to get a good receiver from a division rival. They get weaker, we get stronger...

If they try to keep Welker, they get weaker, we get stronger....

What are you talking about?

Welker doesn't have a deal. According to Reiss, he hasn't even signed the offer sheet yet.

Anyone who says $38M is discussing an offer sheet that may or may not have actually been _proposed_. You should ignore them.

Do you actually believe the Pats would pay a WR $38 mil over 7 years?

Since no one has seen the offer sheet but Welker, the Fins and Pats, does anyone know for sure? No, but common sense tells you the Pats wouldn't give him $5 mil a year.

It's the old Cumar poison pill language. They tried to get it removed but the players wouldn't agree. Hutchison was the last years version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes