PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where are they now: Former Patriot Reche Caldwell tries out for the UFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
And once again Caldwell is still given too much credit for doing something he's *supposed* to do, i.e. catching a perfectly thrown ball from Brady. :)

And for the record, it was *two* drops. ;)

How was Wiggins good for what he was and Reche Caldwell was not so much? Seriously, what did Wiggins actually do on the Patriots? In the two years he played for the Pats (not back to back years mind you), he had 336 yards and 5 TDs. Reche Caldwell was brought in to be either the 2nd or more likely the #3 WR for the Pats and got 760 yards and 4 TDs in one year. Caldwell outperformed what the Pats brought him in for since he was supposed to be playing behind Branch and Chad Jackson and then asked to perform a roll he wasn't qualified for (the primary WR) and he did so admirably.

I still don't get all the hate for Caldwell. He was never supposed to be the #1 WR and a twist of fate made him that. Many people want to judge the guy as if the Pats went into the offseason to acquire him as their primary WR. If some horrible twist of fate happens this year and all Moss, Welker, and Gaffney go down for the season, I hope people aren't so harsh on Greg Lewis. Caldwell was never given the chance to play the role he was brought in for and he shouldn't be ripped apart for it.

Not hating on Caldwell at all; I'm just not a huge fan of the guy. I don't agree that he was brought in to be the #3 (doubt that the Pats expected Jackson to be starting that early. Most WRs take a couple of years), but will certainly agree that he was miscast by necessity as a #1.

In regards to Wiggins, I never qualified my opinion for the 2 years he spent with the Patriots. I simply said that, for what he was, he was pretty effective. He had some good years with the Vikings, and even proved himself to be relatively versatile when Kleinsasser went down and he had to do more run-blocking.

Last edited:
Wiggins caught ten passes in the Snow Bowl.......after having caught 14 all season.....

Exactly, he was key in the two drives, one to tie and one to win......That is what I remember him for.....

I really miss this look under a Patriots helmet....

bug.bmp

Good Luck Reche!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes