PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When not to boo a guide for the clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really hated the Colts much until I moved here and was floored by the ignorance of the fans.

It's a myth that there is a qualitative difference amongst the group of fans we call RABID from different locales. Cherry pick all you want but if you give a bunch of drunks the right reason they will boo Jesus H. Christ. It's been done.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/sports/BO71037/

Grant also understands, and even smiled when she heard the boos.

"Before I went down there, my friends said, `You know, you'll probably get booed,"' she said in a telephone interview. "I was kind of waiting for it.

"It really didn't bother me at all," she added. "People at the game came up to me afterward and said, `It's not you. It's your jersey."'

the poor child, she doesn't even she's supposed to be traumatized for life! :eek:

Thousands of people booing a child for wearing a jersey is sick. Something is wrong with you if you think what happened in the RCA dome was much ado about nothing. I'm glad I don't know you personally.

Just because you'd do it doesn't mean everyone else would. I have to believe that booing a 14 year-old girl would not be done here or anywhere else, that it was just an aberration where some slimeballs started booing and other people got caught up in it without thinking. I would have thought that the majority of booers are now ashamed and wish they hadn't. But listening to you, I guess there will always be people who think it is not a big deal to put a 14 year old girl in front of 60,000 people and have booes rain down on her.

You'll pardon me if I go outside now and spit in the direction of Tewksbury.

you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think that Pats fans would not boo a kid in a Steelers or Colts jersey

i'm sure Pats fans would never throw snowballs at the Jets sidelines or camera crews either (see Jets game from this year)

you need to get off of your high horse buddy

This was all in good fun and it is pricks like you that can't take jokes and add to this world of political correctness.

people, this IS NOT the first time a punt, pass ,and kick contestant has been booed for the jersey he or she wears. It is only making news this time around because it was the Colts fans at the expense of a Pats fan.

Nobody has ever claimed she was traumatized. Just that the Colt fans who did it were a-holes.

But the rationale behind attacking the Indy fans for booing her is that the "child" was hurt by it and is too young to understand. Which clearly appears to be incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes