PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's Your Dream Draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
??????????

Just saying if it was between Meriweather or Griffin - I'd definately take Griffin because while we "don't know if Meriweather is really a bad guy"... Griffin hasn't done anything to make us think he is, and hasn't been involved in gun fights and melees... Sorry if my post was confusing lol.

The last several years, I think the two leagues are relatively even with an equal amount of talent coming out of both leagues.

So Braylon Edwards, who catches 8 balls one game and then 0 the next is a contributor? While Rex Grossman, who is the starting QB on a Super Bowl team, is not? Gallery's a complete stiff on the OL. He's a bust, IMO. Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning... like it or not, those guys are starting QBs in the NFL, and one of their teams went to the playoffs this year.

Just saying if it was between Meriweather or Griffin - I'd definately take Griffin because while we "don't know if Meriweather is really a bad guy"... Griffin hasn't done anything to make us think he is, and hasn't been involved in gun fights and melees... Sorry if my post was confusing lol.
At least Vince Wilfork has divorced himself from the thug element of the Unversity of Miami.

So Braylon Edwards, who catches 8 balls one game and then 0 the next is a contributor? While Rex Grossman, who is the starting QB on a Super Bowl team, is not? Gallery's a complete stiff on the OL. He's a bust, IMO. Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Eli Manning... like it or not, those guys are starting QBs in the NFL, and one of their teams went to the playoffs this year.

That's the best you could do off my list?

OK, so put Gallery as a bust. What difference does it make.

As for Grossman, he's been in the league for a while, and a first rounder who has Trent Dilfer status isn't exactly a hit. The guy is a turnover machine, and his own teammates were quoted as saying (during the playoffs) he should be benched if he has a bad first half. The guy is perhaps better suited as a career backup.

Cutler saw little play, just like the other rookies I left as JAGS.

Braylon Edwards, playing on a horrible team with bad QBs, caught over 60 balls for a 15 YPC average, 6 TDs, etc. You don't think that qualifies someone as a contributor?

Regardless, the theory that the Big 10 produces more busts than the SEC has been disproven.

Any Dream Draft must include Brian Leonard, believe he will become a fan favorite in less then a year. His only weakness is blocking, something we don't ask our FB to do very often. We must not let Brian Leonard slip past us.

Any Dream Draft must include Brian Leonard, believe he will become a fan favorite in less then a year. His only weakness is blocking, something we don't ask our FB to do very often. We must not let Brian Leonard slip past us.

are u kidding? Waste a pick on a White Patrick Pass..

"is only weakness is blocking, something we don't ask our FB to do very often".

Excuse me?

We have plenty of fan favorites, we need players where we are weak and Leonard doesn't do that for us.

my updated dream draft :D enjoy

1a. Darrelle Revis; Pittsburgh (a rock, and probably more realistic then Hall, extremely physical and will jam recievers at the line, probably the best corner in the draft for the Pats IF we can get a more consistent rush)

1b. Michael Bush; Louisville (now before you guys criticize me, hear me out, we know the Pats HATE draft lb's, BB has drafted FIVE in his seven years here, and we also know that DE to OLB players are hard to project, so look at this draft, and all the lb's would either be gone (Willis) undersized (Timmons) or hard to project (Woodley) so we go BPA, and get a steal a la Willis McGahee a few years back, Bush and Maroney will solidify our run game for years)

2. Brandon Meriweather; Miami (FL) (assuming it all checks out...Pats haven't been afraid to take redeemed bad boys before)

3. Josh Wilson; Maryland (poor man's DeAngelo Hall, is also a GREAT return man, plays like Ellis Hobbs)

4. Steve Smith; USC (good possesion reciever, will be able to take over for Troy Brown in a year)

4. Tyrone Moss; Miami (FL); (comp) (a bit short, but weighs 235, and has unnatural speed for that weight, he will eventually take Dillon's spot)

5. Desmond Bishop; Cal; (very productive, has good size, will be a St'ers and who knows might turn into something)

5. Michael Allan; Whitworth; (very very productive, great size)

6. Stephen Berg; ASU; (stock dipped due to injury, but might surprise many of us after he recovers, was leader for a very very good ASU o-line)

7. Jay Richardson; OSU; (St'er)

a less realistic first round for me would be

1. Reggie Nelson
1. Patrick Willis

Be realistic guys! Here's mine: :)

1a. Leon Hall; Michigan (the best corner in the draft, short and physical the way the Pats like 'em)

1b. Paul Poluzny; Penn State (injury concerns are there but he's a beast)

2. Brandon Meriweather; Miami (FL) (assuming it all checks out...Pats haven't been afraid to take redeemed bad boys before)

3. Josh Wilson; Maryland (poor man's DeAngelo Hall, is also a GREAT return man, plays like Ellis Hobbs)

3. Doug Free; Northern Illinois (comp) (If he hits the weights he will take over at RT from day one, is smart, athletic, and a hard worker)

4. Steve Smith; USC (good possesion reciever, will be able to take over for Troy Brown in a year)

4. Tyrone Moss; Miami (FL); (comp) (a bit short, but weighs 235, and has unnatural speed for that weight, he will eventually take Dillon's spot)

5. Desmond Bishop; Cal; (very productive, has good size, will be a St'ers and who knows might turn into something)

6. Stephen Berg; ASU; (stock dipped due to injury, but might surprise many of us after he recovers, was leader for a very very good ASU o-line)

7. Jay Richardson; OSU; (St'er)

Where do you get the Pats getting a 3rd round and a 4th round comp pick? Their comp picks will probably be a 4th, 2-6's and a 7th. One of the 6's may become a 5th depending on how they rate Vinatieri, but that's about it.

1b. Michael Bush; Louisville (now before you guys criticize me, hear me out, we know the Pats HATE draft lb's, BB has drafted FIVE in his seven years here, and we also know that DE to OLB players are hard to project, so look at this draft, and all the lb's would either be gone (Willis) undersized (Timmons) or hard to project (Woodley) so we go BPA, and get a steal a la Willis McGahee a few years back, Bush and Maroney will solidify our run game for years)

That would be a great pick.

1a. Reggie Nelson, FS
1b. Dwayne Bowe, WR
2. Bradley Stewart, LB
3. Fred Bennett, CB
4. Prescott Burgess, LB
5a. Paul Soliai, NT
5b. Kevin Boss, TE
6a. Zak Deossi, LB
6b. et cetera

can't say i know a lot about most of these guys, just going by NFL Draft Scout....may have to go Bowe/Merriweather in the first to be more realistic.

Why draft another NT? You don't think that LeKevan Smith, Mike Wright and Santonio Thomas are good enough back-ups?

Ok, give me:

1a. Jarvis Moss, DE/OLB Florida I have a hard time taking Moss. I think that there are better DE/OLBs available than him.

1b. Josh Gattis, S, Wake Forest HUGE REACH. He's projected as a mid to late 3rd round pick

2. David Harris, LB, Michigan I like the pick, though I am not sure he'll be around when the Pats pick in the second round.

3. Tanard Jackson, CB, Syracuse Interesting pick. Could be a FS conversion because of his lack of hands and his liking to HIT.

4. Unnamed WR#1 (see the draft board for my pledge not to look at receivers this year) I'd put David Ball in here

4b. Jason Snelling, RB, Virginia I like the pick

5. Allen Barbre, OT, Missouri Southern Intriguing pick

6a. Unnamed WR #2 I don't see the Pats drafting 2 WR in this draft. Probably another DB. Maybe Darren Stone -SS, Maine or D'Andre Jackson - CB, Iowa State or John Talley- CB, Duke. They could also take Zak DeOssie at this point and then another DB with the 6B pick.

6b. Matt Toeaina, DT, Oregon I don't see the Pats drafting a NT because of the talent they have there already with Wright, S. Thomas and LeKevan Smith there already.

7. Matt Gutierrez, QB, Idaho State
Intriguing pick

A late round pick to look for is Anthony Waters from Clemson. His stock has plummeted because of the knee injury he sustained. However, he should be ready for the combine. Prior to his knee injury, he was one of the top ILBs in the draft.

Did anyone else find that message of reassurance decidedly NON-reassuring?

To summarize: "Yeah, he hangs out in dodgy neighborhoods packing a concealed weapon and has been known to use it, but he never fires first"; "Yeah, he lost all control and acted like a raving maniac during the brawl, but you have to understand they made him mad."

Maybe Meriweather's a great guy, maybe he'd make a great Patriot, but that's a whole lotta smoke, if not fire.

Not everyone gets to live on Park Avenue, you know. Did you stop to think that maybe the apartment they had is all they could AFFORD?

Packing a LICENSED concealed weapon is NOT a crime. Why do you attempt to portray it as such? Why is it a CRIME to attempt to defend himself? For all you know, Merriweather could have been murdered if he didn't have that gun with him.

Yes, Merriweather lost control. But I have seen players on the Patriots do similar STUPID things. And they are still here. Granted, it wasn't a brawl, but Seymour got called out for his actions during the 1st Colts game where he intentionally stepped on the guy.

Why draft another NT? You don't think that LeKevan Smith, Mike Wright and Santonio Thomas are good enough back-ups?

maybe smith....juries out. harsh criticism for a day-two pick - how 'bout some slack?

We have plenty of fan favorites, we need players where we are weak and Leonard doesn't do that for us.

See, I disagree with this assessment. All you have to do is go back to the AFCC game against the Colts and see that the Pats ARE weak in that area. They lost BOTH Dillon and Faulk in the 2nd half and neither Maroney nor Evans were up to the task. Leonard has the ability to be a FB or a RB. He lost about 15 lbs to show off his running ability for the Senior Bowl and combine. That weight will get put back on.

Leonard is a bruising RB who is much faster than Heath Evans and has hands that reminds people of Larry Centers. Leonard runs great routes and is an under-rated blocker.

Leonard could be a guy who, if Faulk was out, could come in on 3rd downs and be effective. Leonard could also be a guy who could become the short-yardage guy that Dillon is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore