PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's next for 3rd round?

klinefan

Banned
Reaction score
I think we have 4 picks in the 3rd, including the supplemental.

Jarron Gilbert, Lawrence Sidbury, Shonn Greene...

Don't think they'll use all 4 as there's no place to put all these people.

If we could somehow exit the third round with Gilbert, Jason Williams, TJ Lang and a potential impact player, I'd jump through hoops.

Right, it's now 3am in the UK - bed time :)

Brinkley, McKillop or Phillips, Andre Brown, and/or Brandon Tate,

My fav's are DE - Gilbert, ILB - Brinkley, WR - Iglesias and OLB - Jason Williams.

If we could somehow exit the third round with Gilbert, Jason Williams, TJ Lang and a potential impact player, I'd jump through hoops.

Right, it's now 3am in the UK - bed time :)

Wow, that's dedication. Cheers. :)

Jarron Gilbert has got to be at the top of my list for the third round. And, surprisingly enough, so is Michael Johnson. In the third round, he becomes a great value pick, and a potential steal. I'm surprised we passed on Meredith--do you think he still figures into the NE plan? Rashad Jenning is still available, and I'd love to see us add him to our stable. Those four would make for a heck of a round thee.

I'm also really interested in Shawn Nelson, Antoine Caldwell, James Casey and Jarret Dillard. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Michael Johnson

Jarron Gilbert has got to be at the top of my list for the third round. And, surprisingly enough, so is Michael Johnson. In the third round, he becomes a great value pick, and a potential steal. I'm surprised we passed on Meredith--do you think he still figures into the NE plan? Rashad Jenning is still available, and I'd love to see us add him to our stable. Those four would make for a heck of a round thee.

I like some of the same players as well. I'll add the names of Shonn Green and Jason Williams to the hat. I think we will definitely draft a TE on second day. No idea who though. Cornelius Ingram?

As for Meredith I liked him too but I have to admit that Vollmer looks like the freaking Hulk at 6-8 315 with jump through the roof athleticism. With Vollmer in the fold, I don't think the Pats take another OT. They might take an OG tp develop as insurance for Neal though.

Last edited:
My fav's are DE - Gilbert, ILB - Brinkley, WR - Iglesias and OLB - Jason Williams.

I love the first three. If we get those plus OG Lang, then round three is a slam dunk.

Trade...........down :p

Brinkley, McKillop or Phillips, Andre Brown, and/or Brandon Tate,

I love your choice on Brandon Tate....even if he isn't fully healthy this year. He would have been a first round pick this year if healthy. This would be the equivalent of trading a pick into next years draft.

I'm also really interested in Shawn Nelson, Antoine Caldwell, James Casey and Jarret Dillard. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

I totally agree with many of these names and might add a few as well:

Max Unger
Louis Murphy
Derrik Williams

I totally agree with many of these names and might add a few as well:

Max Unger
Louis Murphy
Derrik Williams

Unger went to the Seahawks. Heck of a draft for them. I'm kinda jealous.

Louis Murphy: No thanks. Derrik Williams is a possibility. But just our various opinions, yes? :)

Top on my list is Jason Williams LB

Here are others
Jarron Gilbert DT
Lawrence Sidbury DE
Mike Wallace WR
Antoine Caldwell C
Jamon Meredith OL
Rashard Johnson S
Kevin Barnes CB
Chip Vaughn SS
Kraig Urbik G
TJ Lang G
Johnny Knox WR
Ian Johnson RB
Matt King DL (convert to ILB)
James Casey TE/HB/TE
Tony Fiametta FB

I'm not even gonna pretend to have a clue what BB will do with 4 3Rd rounders.....

I think we'll take an interior lineman, a special teams demon, and probably use the rest taking athletes with injury issues, experience issues, small conference issues, etc. that could be slipped to the practice squad. Lang, Luigs, or Meredith is a good bet. Bruton or Burnett might be worth taking for the special teams ability. Chase Coffman is still out there, and could possibly start the year on PUP. Hell, unless I missed something, Jared Cook is still out there (I remember Pettigrew and Quinn. Any other TE's taken?), and his athleticism is worth taking is the third if Ben Watson was worth a first.

Cook, Casey, Nelson, or Ingram might satisfy BB's TE hunger. ;)

ILB, OG, trade the rest

Top on my list is Jason Williams LB

Here are others
Jarron Gilbert DT
Lawrence Sidbury DE
Mike Wallace WR
Antoine Caldwell C
Jamon Meredith OL
Rashard Johnson S
Kevin Barnes CB
Chip Vaughn SS
Kraig Urbik G
TJ Lang G
Johnny Knox WR
Ian Johnson RB
Matt King DL (convert to ILB)
James Casey TE/HB/TE
Tony Fiametta FB

I believe you mean Mitch King?

There's lots of good RBs & TEs available.

At WR I like Mike Thomas or Brandon Gibson.

I would also add Luigs.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back