PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would be a reasonable ceiling for Jacoby Brissett in 2-3 years in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
To lead a team, on short notice, with only a few days preparation, and make your NFL debut on pimetime television, is nothing to ignore. We know Jacoby has the poise and intangibles. He's a hard worker, and has the support of Belichick and the coaches. But what do you predict will be his professional ceiling as a quarterback?

Do you see him becoming a game-manager a la Alex Smith? Or can he become an elite, Top 10 quarterback, capable of making multiple touchdown passes a game?

Its just so early to judge. He had a fine game and was basically mistake free, but that's not enough to assume he'll be a good QB in 2 years.

Though, in my opinion and not that logical one - Under Tom Brady and learning from the best, I'd say he'll be as good as Jimmy G. Elite? Tough to call. I mean, how many people called Kap elite early in his career? You just never know in the NFL.

Most likely he will hang around 3-5 years as a backup maybe getting a couple of more starts in his career.

He'll be starting QB for the Patriots in 2019.

Not saying he is the next TB12 but there is something about this kid.

Not enough playing time to tell.

If everything breaks right for him: Steve McNair. Big, strong, poised, mobile, winner.

Worst case: Blaine gabbert. Too slow decision making, and forced too many throws, And takes too many hits.

I'd think a decent backup at worst. I like his maturity a lot. His awareness needs work, but he's a rookie so it's to be expected. I could see him becoming a very good quarterback, but I'm more on the optimistic end.

Qb comps are always harder than they seem. His draft profile compared him to Brent hundley which is odd considering that he hasn't really played. Winston or big Ben with a worse deep ball and no rape accusations seems like the likely best case NFL comparison

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Jameis Winston as a ceiling.

It all depends on how hard he works to learn reading defenses and his accuracy. He reminds me ALOT of big Ben. From all accounts the work ethic and leadership are top notch so who knows? IF and that's a monster IF he keeps working and corrects the locking on to the first read and the balls that float on him I could see top 10 QB in the league. He could also be a career back up neither of which would surprise me but I am intrigued and curious to see where he is at next preseason

his ceiling is McNabb, his basement is Charlie Batch....

I am impressed with Brissette enough to say that he very well could be leading a team with his arm, pocket awareness and even some decent running ability, to the playoffs after said team gave up their number one to the Pats for him.

He was drafted pretty high to one of the most stable franchise in sports. Will get ample time to develop with the best coach in all of sports. And has already won at this stage and managed a few games really well. I would say it is reasonable to think that ceiling could be really high.

It all depends on how well he improves some of his mechanics. He still has no touch on the ball and his release is a bit slow. He will need to improve both to be a legitimate solid starter in this League.

I think he has a lot of intangibles that could make him a great QB, but without the mechanics he will never be more than a mediocre starter.

To lead a team, on short notice, with only a few days preparation, and make your NFL debut on pimetime television, is nothing to ignore. We know Jacoby has the poise and intangibles. He's a hard worker, and has the support of Belichick and the coaches. But what do you predict will be his professional ceiling as a quarterback?

Do you see him becoming a game-manager a la Alex Smith? Or can he become an elite, Top 10 quarterback, capable of making multiple touchdown passes a game?

In 2-3 years? No. Because I hope - and all Pats' fans should hope - that he never sees the field over the next 2-3 years. Because that would be....bad.

But what could he eventually develop into? I think he could develop into a very nice NFL quarterback. He has a good arm, a quick release, and can run pretty well.

Just above me Rob says that he has a slow release, but I recall seeing an analysis that showed him getting rid of the ball even faster than JG. But I could be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back