PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Will Be The Biggest Surprise Of The Night?

The biggest surprise of the night - The Patriots brain trust draft a player that is not listed on any Patsfans.com thread in the 1st and/or 2nd round.

Like Tavon Wilson in the second round?

:bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

People will be surprised, but this is just standard draft protocol:

- Cooper and Warmack will go a lot lower than people have been talking, I think the 20s for both
- QBs Barkley, Nassib and some other guy nobody has been talking about like Tyler Bray will all go in the 1st.

People will be surprised, but this is just standard draft protocol:

- Cooper and Warmack will go a lot lower than people have been talking, I think the 20s for both
- QBs Barkley, Nassib and some other guy nobody has been talking about like Tyler Bray will all go in the 1st.

I think Cooper goes higher than Warmack. Top 10,maybe to Arizona.

Our TE obsessed head coach will draft at least one TE.
Who needs WR's?

This thread is about the biggest surprise. For lack of a better word, taking Wilson in the 2nd "surprised" me.

ok - I follow.....I think that the whole NFL world was surprised when Wilson was drafted in the 2nd round. I don't know if you realized this but Bobby Wagner was selected right before him and is a part of my basis as to why the Pats will be selecting a linebacker in this draft and based on their private workouts and official visits, we should expect one to be drafted this weekend.

ok - I follow.....I think that the whole NFL world was surprised when Wilson was drafted in the 2nd round. I don't know if you realized this but Bobby Wagner was selected right before him and is a part of my basis as to why the Pats will be selecting a linebacker in this draft and based on their private workouts and official visits, we should expect one to be drafted this weekend.

Agreed. I'm quite happy with Tavon Wilson but I'm not super happy that we took him instead of Zach Brown or Lavonte David especially now that cover LB is a "silent" need of ours. Hindsight is 20/20 though I guess.

Agreed. I'm quite happy with Tavon Wilson but I'm not super happy that we took him instead of Zach Brown or Lavonte David especially now that cover LB is a "silent" need of ours. Hindsight is 20/20 though I guess.

Yea - and that is the thing about Wilson because they worked out David and Brown last year. I guess that he felt getting Hightower would have covered that need and he wanted to get a member within the defensive secondary drafted before addressing that WLB position and a 2nd linebacker in the draft.

I'll always wonder if Bobby Wagner was going to be the pick there had Seattle not selected him just beofre.

How many trades will happen tonight? I'm thinking 7.

- Almost all of the top ten want to trade down,

- A bunch of teams seem prepared to overdraft mediocre QB talent.

- The Jets have two picks, but the organization appears to be in complete chaos.

I won't be drinking tonight

What about when we trade up for a TE?

That would be a surprise, wouldn't it...

My biggest (expected) surprise?

Cordarelle Patterson will drop like a rock after 2 months of hype.
Mallett will be traded within 24 hours.

I'll always wonder if Bobby Wagner was going to be the pick there had Seattle not selected him just beofre.

Same here - I guess we will find out if the Patriots make a run at him if and when he becomes a free agent.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back