PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you want to see (Other than wins and no injuries)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously, we want the injured to come back healthy and for us to have a minimal number of future injuries.
What else to we need to happen? My answer is "not much".

OFFENSE
I think that we are in good shape. Sure, we want more consistency from the OL. Most of us want to see the continued increases in production from LaFell and Wright. Some production from Gray and Amendola should be expected.

DEFENSE
We need a signal caller and some production from our backup linebackers, whoever they may be. Most of us would prefer a return to the 4-3 (regular or hybrid). The players just don't seem to play best in the 3-4, whether pure or masquerading as a 5-2. We play well with TWO fatties in the middle, not THREE. IMHO, we should actually use the backup LB that we do have: Skinner. He's played OK in the base.

PERSONNEL ADDITIONS
The addition of a LB or two seems to be called for. I expect at least one addition, perhaps Fleming plus a free agent (or trade).

BOTTOM LINE
This is about where most of us expected us to be, although we all hoped for a win in Miami. We are heavy favorites to win the division. We are favorites to improve as the season progresses, as we almost always do.

- Tyms to keep developing, I'm really interested to see how far he can take this.

- Vereen: With Ridley out what does this mean for Vereen? Are we going to see a good amount of games similar to the Jets game by him? He hasn't been very consistent in his career, I'm looking to see if he can take it to that next level and become that legitimate threat on a weekly basis.

- I think it's obvious we won't see Vereen carrying the ball much out of the backfield, I want to see who is going to step up and move the chains for us.

- Will Browner get going?

- I like watching Revis play, always have, I want to continue to see him 1 on 1 and taking out their best WR

- With Mayo out, this means Collins will be in more. I thought he got great experience from playing last season, I'm excited to see him take on a bigger role as the season unfolds.

- Run D .... it needs to improve. I can't wait to watch them play vs these RBs in this upcoming schedule grind.

- Amendola, I've been a big Amendola hater but he's not going anywhere this season. Bill needs to find ways to use him, special teams looked good vs the Jets. I just hope he can stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back