PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What did Brady say in the press conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board gets so catty after a loss. It's kinda amazing.

I only saw a bit of the post game, but Brady seemed kinda incredulous and basically acknowledged that they just got dominated in every phase of the game in the second half.

This board gets so catty after a loss. It's kinda amazing.

I only saw a bit of the post game, but Brady seemed kinda incredulous and basically acknowledged that they just got dominated in every phase of the game in the second half.
I've said this in other threads, but I'll say it here too. I started counting Brady's drop backs in the second quarter (because I began to notice he was taking a high amount of hits) and I counted a total of 4 drop backs from there until the end of the game where he WASN'T hit. The Pats were thoroughly dominated on the LOS on both sides of the ball today. Not exactly a recipe for success.

I've said this in other threads, but I'll say it here too. I started counting Brady's drop backs in the second quarter (because I began to notice he was taking a high amount of hits) and I counted a total of 4 drop backs from there until the end of the game where he WASN'T hit. The Pats were thoroughly dominated on the LOS on both sides of the ball today. Not exactly a recipe for success.
Do you think it was poor conditioning because they just seemed to have nothing in the second half. As if the heat got to them. I know it has been a cool summer up here so maybe they were not used to that type of heat,

Honestly, I just don't get how someone like Belichick could watch the OL for the past two years and decide not to make major upgrades. When 37 year old Brady is your QB, organizational priority #1 should be having a good line. At a bare minimum, absolutely never having a bad one. You invest whatever picks or cap space you have to to make that happen.

Thanks Brady6, one loss and this place is a mess. what do you know :eek:
No problem. Bruins is not a bad guy he just gets a little heated up sometimes don't take it personal.

nah
No problem. Bruins is not a bad guy he just gets a little heated up sometimes don't take it personal.
nah, but watching donkeys play, i may blow a gasket too !

nah

nah, but watching donkeys play, i may blow a gasket too !
I just tell myself no matter what Brady will always be significantly better looking than Manning.

I just tell myself no matter what Brady will always be significantly better looking than Manning.

but not better looking than Jimmy G.......:p

Honestly, I just don't get how someone like Belichick could watch the OL for the past two years and decide not to make major upgrades. When 37 year old Brady is your QB, organizational priority #1 should be having a good line. At a bare minimum, absolutely never having a bad one. You invest whatever picks or cap space you have to to make that happen.

It's much better to just needlessy cut the team's best OL over a couple of million dollars than it is to protect a franchise QB./BB

It's much better to just needlessy cut the team's best OL over a couple of million dollars than it is to protect a franchise QB./BB

ouch ! but how did the fill in LG play today? I lost count of the sacks but how many was he responsible for?

Wow, the group that I watched the game with said exactly the same thing. Honestly, as I watched the O-line fall apart, I was so pissed at BB. I don't know how much of a difference Mankins would have made, but the line play wouldn't have been that bad, IMO.

I read in one of the threads about some remarks. Was he mad (obviously) or did he indicate anything specific?
Just as an added aside, Don't know if you noticed (doesn't seem like you did) but I transcribed this right after the game:

http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/2014/09/07/tom-bradys-post-game-press-conference-transcript-22/

Had an issue with the audio on Belichick's so I couldn't do that one, but these are done every week on the main site, and appear at the top of the forum :cool:

Also, I'd encourage everyone to calm down...although we do this every season. Be thankful they stunk today and have enough that was done poorly to hopefully kick a lot of guys into gear in the weeks to come. It was a poor performance that should cause quite a few guys to have a gut check, and hopefully we'll start seeing this work itself out so it's not a season-long theme :mad:

He spent most of his time asking if anyone had a link to the JLaw nudes.

3 things:
1. It's a one-game story so far. It's week 1. It's week 1. It's week 1.
2. O-Line? Mankins is the "obvious." No "Scar" on the wound may be the usually un-noted back-story.
3. In answer to the actual OP's question:

Here's a quote you'll never see from The Forehead (but sadly, people will complain is "same-old same-old" from TFB):

Tom Brady said:
On if he feels he was let down a bit in terms of the protection:

“I mean, those guys are working their tail off. That’s a good front. We’ve got to do better in all areas and I’ve got to do a better job. That’s kind of where our focus is for this week.”

- See more at: http://www.patsfans.com/ian/blog/2014/09/07/tom-bradys-post-game-press-conference-transcript-22/#sthash.KtPjmAvC.dpuf

How many sacks/pressures came from over the OLG spot? You are picking the low hanging fruit if you want to focus on Mankins as the problem for the line play today.

How many sacks/pressures came from over the OLG spot? You are picking the low hanging fruit if you want to focus on Mankins as the problem for the line play today.

That's true to an extent, but OL play is as much about how the five guys play as a unit as it is the individual talent and performance of each player. Example, if the interior line was better, maybe the tackles can route those outside rushers better.

That said, I think the biggest problem is that we don't know who our best five are yet. The Mankins trade came very late in preseason, and I think the Patriots tried to sneak a little more evaluation into the first regular season game with the OL shuffles. It backfired on them a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News