PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Sammy Morris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Seems like everyone has anointed BJGE after a good game against the lowly Bills and just assumes Morris will continue to be a non-factor.

7 carries in 3 games? Why is he seeing such a limited role?

I still think this guy can play and have a feeling he may be our leading rusher Monday night.

To my eyes, Sammy looks like he's lost a step. Or three.

he's an injury waiting to happen, he's always good for one good game though. Last 2 vs broncos in 08 and @ bengals in 07. Both on MNF :rocker:

At some point everyone lose a step, the guy is 33 years old, he's not the same player, if he was the Patriots coaching staff would of given him the ball no doubt about it.

He will probably be more of a FB for the rest of the season.

I think that Morris suffered an injury in the preseason and is still getting back to 100%. I would expect him to get the bulk of the carries if he is ready to go 100%.

if we only had him in 2007.....

Bjge is better, simple.

If Sammy would play and have 100 yards rushing and Welker have 100 yards receiving I think all Dolphins fans would not sleep that night knowing what they used to have.

I would hope, if equally healthy, BJ would get most of the carries and Morris would be what he was at his best, a utility role player.

BJ looked good last game and I'm hoping that's partly why we ditched maroney.

If an over the hill career backup is our best RB, we're in trouble. No disrespect to Sammy, but it's the truth. where was he a starting running back?

Our RB corps is looking pretty turrible right about now. Who would have thought I would be euphorically recalling Antwain Smith's days in NE(since at the time I thought he sucked as well). Sad.

I wouldn't mind having even 06 corey dillon even though he was as slow as hell.

I can't imagine how negative you would all be about the Pats rushing game if they had not run for 200 yards last week. Yeah, it was against the Bills. The same Bills that held the awesome Miami rushing game to 130 yards two weeks earlier.

I can't imagine how negative you would all be about the Pats rushing game if they had not run for 200 yards last week. Yeah, it was against the Bills. The same Bills that held the awesome Miami rushing game to 130 yards two weeks earlier.

Negativity in this forum is unreal this year.

2-1 record which translates to 10-5 .... sheesh ... if we go 9-6 before the last game this site might implode ... burn up Ian's servers.

Maroney gone
Taylor out
Morris MIA
BJGE as the #1 back
50 yards gained vs. the Jets the week before

It's no surprise to me that people are concerned about this running game.

Maroney gone
Taylor out
Morris MIA
BJGE as the #1 back
50 yards gained vs. the Jets the week before

It's no surprise to me that people are concerned about this running game.

I think Brady is going to have to throw 45 times or more in this game against the Dolphins even if he had a decent running game or not,his defense can't stop anyone yet so the running game to me is not as big a factor as it seems although this of course means the dolphins defense has only passing to worry about.

When the snowy months come around then the rushing attack is going to need to be there.

I think Brady is going to have to throw 45 times or more in this game against the Dolphins even if he had a decent running game or not,his defense can't stop anyone yet so the running game to me is not as big a factor as it seems although this of course means the dolphins defense has only passing to worry about.

When the snowy months come around then the rushing attack is going to need to be there.

The Dolphins have let up 150 yards rushing in the last 2 weeks.

Rushing the ball more means more time of possession for your team.

Belichick has pretty much evened out the play calling rush vs pass.

The Dolphins have the running and the passing game to worry about ... not one or the other.

for the season we have 81 rushing attempts vs 98 pass attempts.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

Last edited:
If Sammy would play and have 100 yards rushing and Welker have 100 yards receiving I think all Dolphins fans would not sleep that night knowing what they used to have.

Nah Brown and Williams are clearly better than Morris but Welker would get to us. I loved seeing Welker on the sidelines cursing like a baby when they lost in Miami last year.

Nah Brown and Williams are clearly better than Morris but Welker would get to us. I loved seeing Welker on the sidelines cursing like a baby when they lost in Miami last year.

Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents