PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a blessing it is to watch Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pick on the goal line was horrifying. Brady will have a restless sleep because of that even though we still won.
At least he still had a better day that Payton...

Today is a lucky day for tom. He didn't play well. If we lost this game, people will say Giants/Eli own him not matter how many SBs he wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Brady was very lucky today. 2 very bad fumbles, a terrible interception and an even worse near interception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider Brady INT's are the only times NE has reached the redzone and failed to produce points. The first fumble was at least understandable. The second one was crazy. Brady saw the guy and knew he was closing in. I feel Tom normally protects that better. Here is my theory on Brady's day: He was pressing. This was no ordinary game and they all wanted this one BAD. You could tell by the smile on BB's face as he was running to midfield at the end and Brady's chest to chest with McD. They really wanted this game and I think made some uncharacteristic decisions that could have cost a lesser team with a lesser QB the game.

I can agree with this. Brady was just terrible, by his standards, today. I'm glad we got the win, but it wouldn't have been that hard, if he wasn't playing so carelessly with the football. All that running around, fumbling, risky throws, it was awful. He did seem desperate at times, for some reason. I thought it was because of Edelman's injury because he came out well on the first drive, but maybe the game was important to him. I'm glad I wasn't around my computer during the game, because I would've been posting some mad stuff.

The only magic I saw today was Butler, outside of the first play of the game, the dude was ballin. He was on little Beckham jr like maggots on a corpse. It wasn't even fair at times. I think the dropped INT, on the last drive, just ruined the whole "magic" factor for me.

I'm over it now, We are on to Buffalo!

The staff clearly saw something on film, perhaps that game against the Saints, that made them think lobbing the ball downfield on multiple occasions was the right play. But if it is not clear by now that this is not Brady's game, then I don't know what more evidence is needed at this point. The man just is not strong at the deep throw. It does not mean he isn't the best in the game. It does not mean he isn't the best to ever play his position. It does not negate 2007. But right now, that just is not his strength. They all looked terrible, even the completion to LaFell.

With all that said, a lesser QB loses that game. The greatest is so great that he covers up his own mistakes, and they were plentiful yesterday. Let's hope there aren't many more like that one, with or without Jules (gosh it hurts to say that). But alas, it was the Giants and they always play us tough. It was a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe