PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We've upgraded Gay and Spann

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think that we should be happy that the hole at nickel has be filled with Sanders. Webster and Richardson could also compete for the position. I think that Webster is an upgrade over Spann, although Spann can still compete for the #4 CB/ST position.

I think that we should be happy that the hole at nickel has be filled with Sanders. Webster and Richardson could also compete for the position. I think that Webster is an upgrade over Spann, although Spann can still compete for the #4 CB/ST position.
It's nice to have a few options and competition...and the draft and other FAs will enter into it as well..depth is a good thing.

What metric gives you the notion that we've upgraded over Gay?

Gay was ok, but he is definitely overpaid in NOLA.. he was an overachiever in a system that had really good coaching and played to his strengths..

so you are demoting sanders? who takes his spot?

He was talking about Lewis Sanders, not James Sanders

I'm not sure how anyone can seriously say Lewis Sanders is an upgrade over Gay at this point. Time will tell

Webster isn't an upgrade over Spann and Richardson? How many tackles did they have between them while playing corner last year? Of course, I'm not counting on him to "start" at all, never mind all 16 games. In fact, I hope he doesn't even make the team, being beat out by a draftee, but for now, he's an upgrade.

Webster is hardly an upgrade, and gets hurt pretty easily and yet another defensive player that is over 30 years old. He could be of great help, but don't count on him to start all 16 games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes