PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker signs with Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am outraged by the events of this day. Outraged. I don't even know where to begin...

I just wonder who will be covering him when we play them this year...that's what i am nervous about

I think my logic is just fine and dandy. BB is an egotistical ahole. What, is he above reproach? Maybe he should be elected as the next pope? BB sucks as a personnel manager. That is evident. He was blessed by fate to land a young hungry Tom Brady. He did zero with Cleveland before coming here. Zero. How many draft busts have we had in the last 10 years? When is the last time we had a secondary? Or a pass rush? Look at our assistant coaches. Our DB coach is a farce. Our so called D coordinator wouldn't qualify as a waterboy on any other team. The guy has too much control and guess what, it's not working anymore. This Welker move was so obviously personal. Even Brady is pizzed off.
Somebody needs to put this guy in check. But Kraft is too busy chasing young inappropriate tail and counting his billions with his cronies to do anything about it. This team is turning into the red sox, part 2.

Brady was pissed off when Branch was traded, he was pissed off when Malloy was released, he will live.

I am outraged by the events of this day. Outraged. I don't even know where to begin...

Yeah! It sucks. Ok, what should we do? Should we not follow the team anymore? Maybe hope DA ****s the bed so we can email BB and tell him what an idiot he is?

Until someone tells me what to do I will just root for the Pats and hope that they continue their steady dominance.

Maybe this was like when Ray Bourque went to Denver. The Bruins did him a favor so he could contend for a cup. They were right and he got one. lol

I just wonder who will be covering him when we play them this year...that's what i am nervous about

Are you 12 years old? All you do is whine and worry.

I hope Welker has a 20 catch game with 3 TDs against the Patriots... they deserve it :mad:

@DonBanks On Welker and Pats, told by source NE offered in the range of the $6 million per year, roughly same money he got from Denver.

But after playing for $9.5 mill last year in NE, that sizable of a "pay cut'' wasn't palatable to him. Even though it was same as Denver $.

Am also told that it's fair to say Brady is disappointed by the news, but not shocked. He knows how NE does business. Unsentimentally.

https://twitter.com/DonBanks

So NE offered "roughly" the same amount as Denver. Welker chose Denver.

huh? You are never around so you have no idea what you are talking about. See ya in a year

?? Never around? All you do is whine. That's your thing, good luck with it.

What is happening in a year? You reaching puberty?

Mrs Welker I share your disappointment. I wish Wes well in his new job except when facing the Patriots. His work here was greatly appreciated. Except for the foot jokes which pissed BB off big time.

Welker got married in Aspen Colorado .... hmmm .... the writing was on the wall. :hat:

Last edited:
Don't know if it has been pointed out yet or not but:

Welker $6 million per year
Amendola $6.1 million per year

Was that a finger award ??

Don't know if it has been pointed out yet or not but:

Welker $6 million per year
Amendola $6.1 million per year

Was that a finger award ??

$6.2 million (31 divided by 5 is 6 1/5, which = 6.2)

It's a good bet that this was worked out before Welker's signing, but if it wasn't, then yes, it looks like a middle finger to Wes, doesn't it?

?? Never around? All you do is whine. That's your thing, good luck with it.

What is happening in a year? You reaching puberty?

Andddd we have the personal insults....grow up people

my bad 31/5 equals 6.2

Especially after the Pats were asked to match Denvers offer then refused then signed Amendola for 6.2

In my opinion, Amendola's contract had nothing to do with Welkers, but Hartlines was the direct comparable on the market. They ended up with the same money and term, but with DA ending up with less guaranteed.

That tells me that the Pats got a UFA from another team at better rate than his closest comparable got from his own team. I say good work and good deal.

huh? You are never around so you have no idea what you are talking about. See ya in a year

In my opinion, Amendola's contract had nothing to do with Welkers, but Hartlines was the direct comparable on the market. They ended up with the same money and term, but with DA ending up with less guaranteed.

That tells me that the Pats got a UFA from another team at better rate than his closest comparable got from his own team. I say good work and good deal.

That makes sense

I just tried to stir up the pot

For some reason I really don't think Welker will be as productive and Denver as he was here.

I know Welker took some serious punishment and, like a Timex, kept on ticking. But let's not pretend that he didn't suffer a similar horrible injury like Amendola has. Without being hit by anybody, Welker tore his ACL. It just so happened that it was in the last game of the 2009 season, so it didn't end up costing him any regular season time, but that freak injury could have happened in game 1 of the regular season, so it's just "fortunate" (it's never fortunate, but I hope you know what I mean, folks) that it happened at the end of a season and not at the beginning. If it happened in week 1, he would have missed the entire season, and his amazing number of games played per year wouldn't look quite so good.

Just saying...Welker isn't indestructible.

For some reason I really don't think Welker will be as productive and Denver as he was here.

I think Manning is going to love him ...

the only problem I have with it all is that he went to Manning ... but c'est la vie - that's what makes the NFL the best of all sports. the rivalries and the subplots have time to fester and grow to great crescendos each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore