PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're all Steelers Fans (this week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Steelers marched on in beating the Bengals both on the scoreboard and in the trainer's room.

Pittsburgh Steelers have last laugh against Cincinnati Bengals in 33-20 victory

Now the Steelers prepare to host the Denver Broncos in a game that could put the Patriots one step from a bye assuming the Patriots take care of the Titans.

Denver's loss was right there with the Patriots' loss to the Eagles. They got worked over by an aggressive team that took advantage of turnovers, drops and a depleted offensive line. Osweiler got exposed as a QB who couldn't adjust to what was in front of him as Jack Del Rio's defense gave him different looks and confused him and his makeshift offensive line. The Steelers will watch that tape.

In Broncos' 15-12 loss to Raiders, culprit was clear: 'We beat ourselves'

More good news. The Bengals travel to play the Broncos on Monday Night Football week 16.

If the Patriots can put the Titans away, they'll have a 2-game lead, have another AFCE title, and have a magic number of one. Go Steelers! (For just one more week.)

Steelers are looking dangerous. Gotta root for them here but, I'd love for them to miss the playoffs.

Steelers are looking dangerous. Gotta root for them here but, I'd love for them to miss the playoffs.

I agree. But it would be satisfying to have them come in as a hot team into Foxboro and just silence them. It would be poetic justice by mirroring the beginning of our dynasty where we beat them in 2 AFCCG. All that BS-gate talk sandwiched in the middle would just be nothing more than words.

We're back in control of our HFA throughout POs. Take care of Tenn at Gillette and I think jets play Sat Nite so we can wrap up AFCE by Sunday with their loss and then play them following week in great shape.

We're back in control of our HFA throughout POs. Take care of Tenn at Gillette and I think jets play Sat Nite so we can wrap up AFCE by Sunday with their loss and then play them following week in great shape.

I like it. From heretofore we should call it HFATP. Pronounced "H"-"fat"-"P"

either the jets or steelers will get in the playoffs.

If the Patriots retain health, I don't care who they are facing. With Tom Brady at the helm (even with this shoddy line), this team, especially on the back of a seriously good defense, is good enough to go back to back. That said, I'd like both the Broncos and Bengals to lose and the Pats to wallop the Titans.

We wrap up the East tonight if the Giants beat the Dolphins. Pretty much a toss-up game.

I said the same thing. In fact, I don't think we necessarily need to root for them since NE gets everything if they win out, right?

I said the same thing. In fact, I don't think we necessarily need to root for them since NE gets everything if they win out, right?
Yeah they do. Would still want to make sure Pats get homefield. Not that who we root for matters but, if Pats was a guaranteed win out I'd root for Denver.

We wrap up the East tonight if the Giants beat the Dolphins. Pretty much a toss-up game.

Can anyone explain how the Dolphins have anything to do with the Patriots winning the Division? It's on the NFL and CBS web sites, but it's the Jets who can tie the Pats at 11-5 if things go the Jets' way. They will have split the season series and then it's on to other tie breakers. I don't get it.

Can anyone explain how the Dolphins have anything to do with the Patriots winning the Division? It's on the NFL and CBS web sites, but it's the Jets who can tie the Pats at 11-5 if things go the Jets' way. They will have split the season series and then it's on to other tie breakers. I don't get it.
It affects strength of victory vs the Jests apparently

ok so if pitt beats denver and we beat the titans, would a win at NJY clinch the 1 seed regardless? we would be ahead of denver for sure, and if Cincinnati were to win out we'd be tied with them. do we have the tie breaker? i thought we would if we beat the jets cuz then guaranteed better afc record

Agree. My first priority for the Pats is to wrap up a bye and Home Field................but.................the Steelers scare me...sort of like the Giants in the past...if they get on a roll, I don't want to be playing them....

For example, I'd like nothing more than for the Giants to knock Cam and the the Panthers off their high horse (did you see them posing for a team picture with two minutes left in the game yesterday? sure, it was a blowout and the game was settled, but you just don't rub it into the face of your opponent like that in my book)...but if the Giants do that and go on to win the Conference, I really don't want them to win the NFC...

Definitely a "be careful what you wish for" situation. I guess I will root for Pittsburgh but it's a tough call. As it is we would have to lose at least one to lose the #1 seed and at least two to lose a bye. And with the Bengals and Broncos looking beatable, those numbers could rise. Not sure, really, who I want to win, Pittsbugh is the scariest AFC team right now.

Definitely a "be careful what you wish for" situation. I guess I will root for Pittsburgh but it's a tough call. As it is we would have to lose at least one to lose the #1 seed and at least two to lose a bye. And with the Bengals and Broncos looking beatable, those numbers could rise. Not sure, really, who I want to win, Pittsbugh is the scariest AFC team right now.

Pittsburgh may look scary, but they're fighting for their lives to get a wild card and be on the road for the playoffs. The beauty of the Bengals-Broncos game is that one of them will be be 11-5 at worst making it harder for the Squealers to get a bye.

Oh, and don't forget that the Patriots have already beaten Pittsburgh at Gillette. You remember. That was the game with the Super Bowl banner being unveiled with the all-knowing and benevolent Commissioner of the NFL nowhere to be seen.

It's not like there is any mystery to these guys.

ok so if pitt beats denver and we beat the titans, would a win at NJY clinch the 1 seed regardless? we would be ahead of denver for sure, and if Cincinnati were to win out we'd be tied with them. do we have the tie breaker? i thought we would if we beat the jets cuz then guaranteed better afc record
I believe so, but not because of AFC record, they're the same (if we lost at MIA). We'd own the tiebreaker on strength of victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe