PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well we will be playing Thanksgiving...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I'll be back in Boston for thanksgiving, and this is just that much more excuse to get hammered before the big family dinner.

Not having many primetime games will be weak, though, living out in L.A. Might be moving back to Boston in the next couple of months, though, so maybe that will swing the decision a little (not joking, sadly).

NO!!!!!!!!! My wife is scheduled (planned C-section) to give birth that day! Tell me that isnt a sign of things to come!

Mmmmm.... Patriots and Thanksgiving dinner. I'm so excited already. :rocker:

We play the Lions Thanksgiving

I didn't see a post on this.

I'll have to arrange my Turkey dinner around game time.

Re: We play the Lions Thanksgiving

I can actually watch the traditional Lion's turkey day game and not ***** about it this time :)

2009 Thanksgiving was the worst ever for match ups. There was not 1 good game out of the bunch :(

a terrible day for football.

Last edited:
Re: We play the Lions Thanksgiving

I have not wathced much of the Lions the last few years because they have been blowouts.
This year will be different. It can mess up some people's Holiday with family over and any driving if you have to travel very far.

As cool as it is to enjoy Thanksgiving day with the Patriots on, I do find it a little conflicting.

In a day that's meant for spending time at the table and conversing with family members, you can get quite distracted from the game.

turkey stuffing. and the pats what more can you realy want.

I don't find this conflicting at all. Though, I'm sure my girlfriend and my parents will disagree, but what do they know?

Awesome. I vividly remember the last two Pats Thanksgiving games. Watching the Pats and then eating turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing (I was raised in a 4pm Thanksgiving dinner house)...man, life doesn't get much better.

The Lions will be counting on Patriots fans buying tickets to help us avoid the blackout.

I don't find this conflicting at all. Though, I'm sure my girlfriend and my parents will disagree, but what do they know?

Amen brother :) Actually my girlfriend is a big Pats fan too so I am all set - family? They will forgive.. always do haha.

Wife and I will be hosting her family again.........I usually deep fry a couple of turkeys and to make it a better experience I'm gonna set-up the canopy in the driveway, fill the cooler and treat the day like I'm tailgating.

Amen brother :) Actually my girlfriend is a big Pats fan too so I am all set - family? They will forgive.. always do haha.

Not mine. She's a Bucs fan, but I have been working hard to convert her.

As cool as it is to enjoy Thanksgiving day with the Patriots on, I do find it a little conflicting.

In a day that's meant for spending time at the table and conversing with family members, you can get quite distracted from the game.

With me its more like watch football, eat as much turkey as you can at halftime of the first game, Eat a turkey sandwich at the half of the next two games, and lay on the coach all day using triptophan (SP?) as your excuse.

wow. says something about which way the team is trending that i had a little moment of anxiety thinking about what it would be like to lose that game.

we've been spoiled for a long time people. i just don't look at games anymore with the idea of, 'that's an easy W.'

wow. says something about which way the team is trending that i had a little moment of anxiety thinking about what it would be like to lose that game.

we've been spoiled for a long time people. i just don't look at games anymore with the idea of, 'that's an easy W.'

put down the booze, step away from the ledge, and give yourself a really hard smack in the face because if you really think like this than you need it. We will not lose to Detroit, this will be an easy win might even threaten the scoring records we broke vs Tenn this year.

Last edited:
put down the booze, step away from the ledge, and give yourself a really hard smack in the face because if you really think like this than you need it. We will not lose to Detroit, this will be an easy win might even threaten the scoring records we broke vs Tenn this year.

In 2006, we had to stage a comeback to beat the Lions 28-21. Never assume a win is going to be easy.

In 2006, we had to stage a comeback to beat the Lions 28-21. Never assume a win is going to be easy.

I know what you are saying. My point wasn't so much that is a guarenteed win (which it pretty much is) My point was that anyone who doesn't put a W in the win column for this game when analyzing the schedule is way, way to down on this team and should step back to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft