PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, the MVP was named, and it's a total joke: Peyton Manning, once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they won those games against houston and min because those teams crapped the bed but also manning took adv after a sub par game for 3+ quarters to score the winning TDs to Wayne. How many of the QBs like Warner would you have trusted in that time ?Even the bleeping favre was touted for MVP but he has never delivered if he plays a horrible game for 3+quarters
also the colts oline has been banged up all season and they virtually are last in running the ball. I personally think their RZ defense is what has kept them in the hunt but without peyton they would be toast.
If we put the jersey and the colts rivalry aside not too many would complain.although i have to agree its more of a popularity vote than reality because king etc want a big name to win the MVP. giving it to a rookie like ryan was not possible for them and brees didnt even make the playoffs.Pennington coulve won but brady didnt win in 2006 either when he took reche caldwell to the AFCCG

Peyton's a hell of a regular season player, and I don't have a problem with him being mentioned as "in the mix" for the MVP. I do have a problem with him winning it, because he didn't deserve it. Let's be honest, the Colts' MVP this year wears a Texans uniform.

I guess the sarcasm smiley didn't show up on your computer. Being a troll is trashing a great QB who won the MVP 3 times yet he's a bust.

no wind, ice, and snow, rain favors defense also. Cause we're built to score points doesn't take away from that, a great defense had a good chance to stop that. Enough with the lame excuses.

Ahhh, you are a passing team. You DO see the benefit of a dome, right?

Guys here need to stop being such whiners. He won, get over it.

This is not a game in which the final score determines the outcome and you have the "what if's" that may have changed the outcome of that game, this is an award decided on the basis of media opinions.

If you agree with the media opinion consensus, fine. It isn't whining to disagree with them.

Ahhh, you are a passing team. You DO see the benefit of a dome, right?

Do you not see how that benefits the defense as well, there is no weather they have to watch out for either. Forget the fact it is well known that we run the same routes, stop them from executing what they do it's that easy. Isn't that what football is about. Needing the snow and bad weather to help out your team all the time like the pats need is lame. Watch tape and execute your defense on the field against the team you prepared for all week.

It's funny how pats fans can make excuses when it is to trash someone else. If it weren't for the snow the pats would get blown out by those past Colts teams right? So you admit you needed the snow and ice to beat them? Deny this and you prove my point that defenses stop offenses not the elements although that can help.

Last edited:
I guess the sarcasm smiley didn't show up on your computer. Being a troll is trashing a great QB who won the MVP 3 times yet he's a bust.

no wind, ice, and snow, rain favors defense also. Cause we're built to score points doesn't take away from that, a great defense had a good and equal chance to stop that. Enough with the lame excuses.

Irony alert!

Last edited:
Name the great defenses then besides '05 and '07. Saying it's funny isn't actually an argument for your position it shows you don't have anything.

Let me slow it down for you. Many QBs have won Superbowls without a great defense. You're complaining that the Colts have only had two great defenses twice within the last four seasons. That's what's funny.

Do you not see how that benefits the defense as well, there is no weather they have to watch out for either.
I've been trying to be nice, but you're too effing dumb to be worth continuing that course. If you're arguing that ideal weather doesn't greatly benefit a QB, you need to stop watching football altogether.

Again, check the splits on the link that I posted, and then try to explain why Manning's rating and TDs are way down and his picks are way up when he plays outside, given the context of your idiotic post.

Last edited:
Irony alert!

Show me where i made an excuse. My point wasn't that Manning lost cause of the defense but Brady wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs with them. Please be objective and see that that was my point not making excuses for Peyton.

That was always my point and that Brady would probably play different if he had to score every possession. Pats fans spun it as if i was making an excuse for Manning.

Do you not see how that benefits the defense as well, there is no weather they have to watch out for either. Forget the fact it is well known that we run the same routes, stop them from executing what they do it's that easy. Isn't that what football is about. Needing the snow and bad weather to help out your team all the time like the pats need is lame. Watch tape and execute your defense on the field against the team you prepared for all week.

It's funny how pats fans can make excuses when it is to trash someone else. If it weren't for the snow the pats would get blown out by those past Colts teams right? So you admit you needed the snow and ice to beat them? Deny this and you prove my point that defenses stop offenses not the elements although that can help.

Oh goodness. You still don't get it.

Let's try this slow:

When you have a Quality QB like Tom or Peyton - The ideal type of environment for him to do what he does (make defenses look stupid and put up points) is a Dome or Mild climate environment. Peyton has that a LOT more than Tommy does, that's the point. Very Simple. 8 games (AT LEAST) in a dome for Peyton - That's a sizable advantage for Peyton to put up numbers and when you couple that with the fact that Peyton is a lights out type of QB in the regular season you get stupid no's and production.

I've been trying to be nice, but you're too effing dumb to be worth continuing that course. If you're arguing that ideal weather doesn't greatly benefit a QB, you need to stop watching football altogether.

Again, check the splits on the link that I posted, and then try to explain why Manning's rating and TDs are way down and his picks are way up when he plays outside, given the context of your idiotic post.

"If you're arguing that ideal weather doesn't greatly benefit a QB, you need to stop watching football altogether."

My God, i said the defense has an equal opportunity to stop them when they don't have to play in the snow, ice, rain ,etc. Not that ideal weather doesn't benefit the chance that QB plays better. Quit twisting what i am saying for God's sake top fit some sort of argument you want me to have. Learn how to argue for crying out loud.

My point wasn't that Manning lost cause of the defense but Brady wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs with them. Please be objective and see that that was my point not making excuses for Peyton.

That was always my point and that Brady would probably play different if he had to score every possession. Pats fans spun it as if i was making an excuse for Manning.

The 2005 Pats went to the playoffs with a 21+ ppg defense.

In 2002, they tied for the division allowing 23+ ppg.

Last year, they could have given up 30 a game and made the playoffs.

"If you're arguing that ideal weather doesn't greatly benefit a QB, you need to stop watching football altogether."

My God, i said the defense has an equal opportunity to stop them when they don't have to play in the snow, ice, rain ,etc.

If you think that, you're a moron.

Perfect weather means no wind, rain, cold, sleet...none of this helps the defense, but it allows the QB to make perfect throws every time and his receivers to run tighter routes.

Give up the NFL; you're just taking up a spot.

Last edited:

no wind, ice, and snow, rain favors defense also. Cause we're built to score points doesn't take away from that, a great defense had a good and equal chance to stop that. Enough with the lame excuses.

The sarcasm smiley showed up just fine, chief. But sarcasm means "like it isn't true," not "it isn't true." Accepting your sarcasm means we accept that Brady did benefit from that violation, which there are zero facts or investigative findings to support. It's a troll's way of pissing off Pats fans.

And defenses do not derive the same benefit on a fast track against a fast track team. They have to react, offenses know where they are going. It is why dome teams tend to have good records in domes and much worse records outside, especially in cold weather. Also a well-known statistic. Feel free to look it up for yourself.

And I do not hear comments calling Manning a bust. The opinion seems to be he doesn't deserve MVP this year, and you have not provided any argument as to why he is more deserving than Brees or Pennington this season. You turned that conversation to Brady and the opened the landslide of post-season statistics that are irrelevant to MVP determinations.

The OP was disgust at Manning winning MVP this season. You turned this into a Brady-Manning, who is the better QB debate, by raising Brady's name within two posts. The end result of that is Manning is better on paper, Brady is just plain better when it matters.

Show me where i made an excuse. My point wasn't that Manning lost cause of the defense but Brady wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs with them. Please be objective and see that that was my point not making excuses for Peyton.

Nobody spun anything, and that IS an excuse. Conveniently, it's one that can neither be proved nor disproved.

To get back on track a bit, I contend that the Vikings would have gone 2-14 at best without AP. If we're playing that game, he should have been MVP.

Last edited:
Oh goodness. You still don't get it.

Let's try this slow:

When you have a Quality QB like Tom or Peyton - The ideal type of environment for him to do what he does (make defenses look stupid and put up points) is a Dome or Mild climate environment. Peyton has that a LOT more than Tommy does, that's the point. Very Simple. 8 games (AT LEAST) in a dome for Peyton - That's a sizable advantage for Peyton to put up numbers and when you couple that with the fact that Peyton is a lights out type of QB in the regular season you get stupid no's and production.

Why doesn't this come into play for Peyton playing bad in the games vs the pats? He chokes when he throws in howling winds at foxboro, yet at home he chokes cause he's in a Dome. forget the fact that corners jam receivers in the dome and in the bad weather. Forget the fact teams may blitz or try to disguise their coverage in the rain or dome, other things play a role not just a dome. Get that through your head. This is the NFL other things play a part in moving the ball down the field not just playing in a dome or playing outside. A coverage may change from pre-snap till when the Qb snaps the ball. Teams play more head games with Manning than any other Qb in the league including Brady. Teams add wrinkles in their game that might not be in the tape that Manning studies when he looks at a team, they don't do that for brady as much as they do for Manning.

You still don't want to answer the point that a defense is out there and have to stop them. Since Manning sucks that should be easy according to you pats fans.

Last edited:

Spygate. It's the ultimate excuse and the beauty is that you can keep on using it and the only people that will laugh at you are football experts - not the guys around the Indy water coolers and Bars, they will agree with you and go "Yea! Spy Gate!"

Oh, yea - What about the System QB excuse?

I'm not a huge stat person so for me,qualifying an MVP status based upon # of TD's isn't something I'd even get into. And given Manning's post season stats I'm not sure why you would either ;)

Chad Pennington,like Brady in his pre-weapon years, deserves recognition for taking that 1-15 pathetic excuse for a team and leading it to the playoffs. Also consider Penny's history-not bad but certainly not what anyone would call "stellar" either. He stepped into Miami and,like Cassel, had to EARN his team's confidence. NOTHING was handed to him on a silver platter,nothing. At least our MattyIce had an incredible mentor,an incredible coach,and some pretty nifty weapons. Matt also had key injuries to deal with, but something Matt and Chad have in common is the fact not many people picked them to become the leaders they turned out to be.Who figured Miami to take the division. Chad may not have had the TDs but he sure as hell deserves recognition for inspiring his team's confidence, and he came through in the end. No silver spoon there,and for that he deserves something imo.

Sorry for the delay, sometimes it is hard to find the actual football discussion in these threads.

It's a good point, but I'm just not willing to give Pennington that much credit with Ronnie Brown, a stud new left tackle in Long, Tuna, a new coach and staff.

And I agree leadership or inspiring his team's confidence absolutely counts and in a big way. However, for MVP of the league you have to be the best player on your team, at least, and have, at least, a very very good statistical season, imo.

I like Pennington and what he did this year, but more in the way I like what Tennesee's QB did, not in a way that I think he should be MVP of the whole league.

I'd give it to your boy Cassel before Pennington, actually. Not that I'd give it to either, though. :D

Last edited:
Why doesn't this come into play for Peyton playing bad in the games vs the pats? He chokes when he throws in howling winds at foxboro, yet at home he chokes cause he's in a Dome. forget the fact that corners jam receivers in the dome and in the bad weather. Forget the fact teams may blitz or try to disguise their coverage in the rain or dome, other things play a role not just a dome. Get that through your head. This is the NFL other things play a part in moving the ball down the field not just playing in a dome or playing outside. A coverage may change from pre-snap till when the Qb snaps the ball. Teams play more head games with Manning than any other Qb in the league including Brady. Teams add wrinkles in their game that not in tape that Manning studies when he looks at a team, they don't do that for brady as much as they do for Manning.

You still don't want to answer the point that a defense is out there and have to stop them. Since Manning sucks that should be easy according to you pats fans.

Us: "Manning doesn't deserve the MVP ths year, though he deserved it other years. Also, he benefits from playing in a dome and his postseason performance has been mostly forgetful, if not horrible."

Colts fans: "Manning does not suck! Brady sucks because he was a low-round pick! Suck on the 2008 MVP!"

Us: "Uh, what?"

Peyton Manning named 2008 MVP

Patriot fans:
crying_baby_rbby_92.jpg

Get over it you little babies, none of your whining will take back his MVP, all I hear and see is

WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You have a Bradyless league this season, better take all you can get.

Peyton Manning 2008 NFL MVP**

** Tom Brady was lost to a season ending injury in the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes