PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, the MVP was named, and it's a total joke: Peyton Manning, once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine what Tom could have done in a dome over the past 7 years?

Holy crap - It would have been banana's.

You know what peyton would have done if he didn't have to study defenses and relied on a camera guy and coach in his helmet telling him what to do. :rolleyes:

Forget the fact domes don't give up TD's defenses do.

Ok, now you're just being ridiculous

Cassel doesn't say we don't need you Tom, Cassel says "I won 5 fewer games than you did and we didn't make the playoffs, Tom."

As for what Brady did before, did you ever actually watch him play? He's 14-3 in the playoffs, compared to that lovely 7-7 record of Manning's. Again, let's just go back to the college stuff, since you seem to want to ignore the pros:

Tom Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brady won 20 of 25 starts and both his bowl games.

If I'm not mistaken, Including College - Doesn't Brady have the highest winning percentage of any QB in the Post season..........ever? What system do you call that?

Last edited:
My point still stands that you didn't read the whole thread, pointing out one post doesn't equal the whole thread. A child would even know that.

Now tell me why Brady would be a winner with the other defenses i named that no one has answered. Funny how my initial point was that Brady wouldn't win with the '01, '03, and '04 Colts defenses. Brady wouldn't sniff a playoff berth with that kind of defense.

Except that I did read the whole thread. Every post. Your argument that Manning's "only" had two great defenses in the last six is funny. How many years did they make the playoffs? All of them? And how many one-and-dones does he have? He's had All-Pro weapons and played in ideal conditions every year, yet he still melts in the playoffs. The one Superbowl year, they won in spite of him, not because of him.

Brady won with a decidedly average defense in 2001. I don't know how he would have done with the Colts 2003 or 2004 defense, but all Brady does is find a way to win, so saying that he wouldn't have won the SB isn't a slam dunk. And Brady only missed the playoffs once, on a tiebreaker. He's had less-than-dominant defenses and finished atop the division every year with a receiving corps of David Pattens and Fred Colemans.

So here's what you're saying: "In a dome or warm weather, with All-Pro receivers, and a dominant defense, Manning's awesome." Wow, that's deep.

Last edited:
Ok, now you're just being ridiculous

Cassel doesn't say we don't need you Tom, Cassel says "I won 5 fewer games than you did and we didn't make the playoffs, Tom."

As for what Brady did before, did you ever actually watch him play? He's 14-3 in the playoffs, compared to that lovely 7-7 record of Manning's. Again, let's just go back to the college stuff, since you seem to want to ignore the pros:

Tom Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brady won 20 of 25 starts and both his bowl games.

Yup he did it all by himself that's why he was pick #199 in the draft cause of his greatness.

You know what peyton would have done if he didn't have to study defenses and relied on a camera guy and coach in his helmet telling him what to do. :rolleyes:

Peytie didn't need domes or film-he had the best weapon of all. Rex Grossman.

Wait for it......................

Ahhh!! I love the cheating defense!!

When all else fails and you have NO facts to back your weak theories and absurd arguments, all you haters and masters of Patriot Jealousy can always fall back on Spy Gate.

Makes me laugh. :singing:

Now you just sound like a troll who has been soundly beaten down. He was pointing out the well-known fact that QBs play better when they do not have to deal with weather. That's a well-known fact, so school yourself on basic football if you are unaware of that. It's fairly basic knowledge, even common sense. No wind, no precipitation, football goes where you throw it.

And the camera is probably no greater advantage than the eight home games in which the Colts pipe in crowd noise to make visiting offenses and defenses shoot themselves in the leg with penalties, or turning up the heat in the stadium after the Dolts have practiced in it for months to make cold weather teams cramp up. You claim Pats fans suffer from conspiracy theory delusions? People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Last edited:
Yup he did it all by himself that's why he was pick #199 in the draft cause of his greatness.

Wait....

Is this seriously your argument? Brady's draft position is your argument?

Joe Montana was a 3rd round draft pick. Johnny Unitas was a 9th round draft pick. Bart Starr was a 17th round draft pick. Roger Staubach was a 10th round draft pick in the NFL and a 16th round draft pick in the AFL.

Ryan Leaf was drafted #2 overall. Great job by you of pointing to draft position as if it applied to anything here....:rolleyes:

Except that I did read the whole thread. Every post. Your argument that Manning's "only" had two great defenses in the last six is funny. How many years did they make the playoffs? All of them? And how many one-and-dones does he have? He's had All-Pro weapons and played in ideal conditions every year, yet he still melts in the playoffs. The one Superbowl year, they won in spite of him, not because of him.

Brady won with a decidedly average defense in 2001. I don't know how he would have done with the Colts 2003 or 2004 defense, but all Brady does is find a way to win, so saying that he wouldn't have won the SB isn't a slam dunk. And Brady only missed the playoffs once, on a tiebreaker. He's had less-than-dominant defenses and finished atop the division every year with a receiving corps of David Pattens and Fred Colemans.

Name the great defenses then besides '05 and '07. Saying it's funny isn't actually an argument for your position it shows you don't have anything. The double standards keep rolling too. Manning loses it doesn't matter if he has a bad or good day in the playoffs, he chokes. They win one SB and they won it in spite of him. It's a damn if you do damned if you don't situation for Peyton.

The fact that the pats can win 11 games without the greatest QB of all time is what's funny. The pats in '01 won 11 games and had home field advantage in the playoffs. This year wasn't easier than that cause 11-5, 10-6 doesn't get you in the tournament. 10-6 might get you a #2-#3 seed in '01

Last edited:
Guys here need to stop being such whiners. He won, get over it.

Wait....

Joe Montana was a 3rd round draft pick. Johnny Unitas was a 9th round draft pick. Bart Starr was a 17th round draft pick. Roger Staubach was a 10th round draft pick in the NFL and a 16th round draft pick in the AFL.

Ryan Leaf was drafted #2 overall. Great job by you of pointing to draft position as if it applied to anything here....:rolleyes:

If anything, Peyton being a no. 1 pick and Tommy being a #199 pick just highlights another beatdown that Brady has leveled on Manning.

Wait....

Wow how did that go over your head and make you miss the point. Btw, Manning was #1 and is the biggest bust of all time. This is homerism at it's best.

All I know is that if the ref did his job on that Reche Caldwell-Hayden pass interference in the end zone, the Colts wouldn't have a single Super Bowl win at with Manning at this point.

We're saying he didn't deserve it, because he didn't. We're not whining because "our guy" didn't get it.

Have a nice day.

Sure and there is no changing that, but we passed that argument long ago, the Colts fan has since decided to jump with no net.

Wow how did that go over your head and make you miss the point. Btw, Manning was #1 and is the biggest bust of all time. This is homerism at it's best.

It didn't go over my head at all. Brady's draft position is a stupid argument.

I don't disagree that he should be a candidate, but the objections seem to be guys like Brees, Pennington, etc. are more deserving this year.

If playing "hurt," and nobody knows how hurt he really was (the Colts are about as candid about injuries as the Pats are), the team barely avoided a 1-6 start, how does that support MVP? He was not sidelined, he played for that lousy start.

And BlueCoats, if you wonder why Pats fans cannot stand Manning, look to his post-game interview when he called out his offensive line. Try to find an occasion when Brady has ever done the same, and he has suffered a number of disappointing losses in his career that clearly were not his fault (look at the beating he took from unblocked linemen in the Super Bowl - Manning has not seen that since his rookie year). And as for taking the high road, look at IndyStar after Brady's injury and tell me there were no Dolts fans celebrating his demise. Few here would celebrate Manning getting injured (plenty celebrate the Colts losing, more because of Polian's antics than because of Manning), because nobody wants to see a rival fall to anything other than a beating on the scoreboard (it's cowardly, and it tends to say you don't think your team can win with that injured player on the field and frankly it would be a hollow victory to see the Colts fall without Manning).

Well, they won those games against houston and min because those teams crapped the bed but also manning took adv after a sub par game for 3+ quarters to score the winning TDs to Wayne. How many of the QBs like Warner would you have trusted in that time ?Even the bleeping favre was touted for MVP but he has never delivered if he plays a horrible game for 3+quarters
also the colts oline has been banged up all season and they virtually are last in running the ball. I personally think their RZ defense is what has kept them in the hunt but without peyton they would be toast.
If we put the jersey and the colts rivalry aside not too many would complain.although i have to agree its more of a popularity vote than reality because king etc want a big name to win the MVP. giving it to a rookie like ryan was not possible for them and brees didnt even make the playoffs.Pennington coulve won but brady didnt win in 2006 either when he took reche caldwell to the AFCCG

Now you just sound like a troll who has been soundly beaten down. He was pointing out the well-known fact that QBs play better when they do not have to deal with weather. That's a well-known fact, so school yourself on basic football if you are unaware of that. It's fairly basic knowledge, even common sense. No wind, no precipitation, football goes where you throw it.

And the camera is probably no greater advantage than the eight home games in which the Colts pipe in crowd noise to make visiting offenses and defenses shoot themselves in the leg with penalties, or turning up the heat in the stadium after the Dolts have practiced in it for months to make cold weather teams cramp up. You claim Pats fans suffer from conspiracy theory delusions? People in glass houses should not throw stones.

I guess the sarcasm smiley didn't show up on your computer. Being a troll is trashing a great QB who won the MVP 3 times yet he's a bust.

no wind, ice, and snow, rain favors defense also. Cause we're built to score points doesn't take away from that, a great defense had a good and equal chance to stop that. Enough with the lame excuses.

Last edited:

I think you are out of your league - Can you gather some friends from a Colts site to come and try and help you? That's my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes