PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, the MVP was named, and it's a total joke: Peyton Manning, once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else should have gotten it? Chad I threw 19 touchdowns Pennington. Phillip I barely led my team to an 8-8 season Rivers?
Kurt Warner, for doing the impossible and leading the Cardinals to the post season. Hell that team is so lame half of them left town after the last game of the regular season because they were so used to it, and the coaching staff had to track them down.

True story.

What about when they had the #2 scoring defense in 2005, or the #1 scoring defense in 2007? What did he do then?

Oh, right, two more one-and-dones to add to his trophy case.

OUCH. He won't respond to this, it destroys his fake arguments/excuses.

Not to go off topic but excuses like this sound EERILY similar to stat obsessed people here who defend McDaniels whenever we lose the big game.

"Yeah we lost, but we had 400+ yards of offense even though we choked the last few offensive drives... blame it on [x] instead "

Why didn't he choke the whole game? I can hear it now: "cause SD sucked, but they stopped sucking the last few drives." This board is one big conspiracy theory. Jets didn't give their all cause they hate the pats, blame the commish. Colts won cause polian turned up the heat. We cheated and got caught, but everyone else does it too, everyone is out to get us cause they hate us and our dynasty.

It's so ironic you want to talk about excuses.

Name one besides the '05 defense. If pats fans can complain about the team having the flu in '06, well last year we had no freeney, mathis was coming off an injury and bob sanders got hurt in the game last year in the playoffs.

Better post to respond to:

What about when they had the #2 scoring defense in 2005, or the #1 scoring defense in 2007? What did he do then?

Oh, right, two more one-and-dones to add to his trophy case. I think he has a career total of six of those so far. Impressive!

Alos, the Indy defense is #7 this year. That's pretty good. If they go out on Saturday...which isn't out of the question...care to revisit the discussion?

You can plug anyone into that system and they will succeed, like Cassell.

Peyton has had pressure but when he has good games it's always cause the other team sucks. Or if he beats the pats blame the flu and polian. Peyton has won playoff games in which he has thrown int's and he's called lucky. Manning sucks i guess you win.

Oh, so now it's "The System" if not "The Defense" to explain why no credit goes to Brady?

I think this year Manning actually played smart football, and that he is a top 10 all time QB. His stats will probably break all others when he is finished.

But that makes him the A-Rod of the NFL, a stats monster who folds in the playoffs.

The guy is a modern day Dan Marino, he gets tons of yards and TD's but when it becomes playoff time, even with all star offensive talent his entire career, his playoff numbers suck

Why didn't he choke the whole game? I can hear it now: "cause SD sucked, but they stopped sucking the last few drives." This board is one big conspiracy theory. Jets didn't give their all cause they hate the pats, blame the commish. Colts won cause polian turned up the heat. We cheated and got caught, but everyone else does it too, everyone is out to get us cause they hate us and our dynasty.

It's so ironic you want to talk about excuses.

Ummm..... Peyton was a loser in college too, once it was time to play the games that mattered most.

Tee Martin says "hello", though.

Oh, right, two more one-and-dones to add to his trophy case.

Sorry that you didn't read the whole thread when i said the only good defenses were the 05' and 07 defenses. This is what happens when you don't see the whole discussion and want to be smart by posting stuff like this.

Ummm..... Peyton was a loser in college too, once it was time to play the games that mattered most.

What did Brady win before he got in a sum off all parts system? Funny how he became great when he got in the system and they kept chugging along when he was gone.

Cassell says we don't need you Tom

Last edited:
Sorry that you didn't read the whole thread when i said the only good defenses were the 05' and 07 defenses. This is what happens when you don't see the whole discussion and want to be smart by posting stuff like this.

No, it's what happens when you say:

Name one besides the '05 defense. Do you need me to link you to it?

I named one. It's not my fault that I know your posts better than you do.

Brady has only had great D in 2003 and 2004. In 2001 that defense was statistically horrible and they played out of their minds in the playoffs. The 2002 defense kept them out of the playoffs, and from 2005 onwards we can't stop 3rd and long or tight ends in big moments.

So that means... Peyton had 2 seasons where his defense was #1 or #2 in points allowed on top of having all stars at every offensive position his entire career... and yet he still choked in the playoffs.

Brady has 3 rings, better career playoff stats despite playing with no-name offensive players most of his playoff games, and only 2 years of truly dominant defenses behind him.

Again, PLEASE what else do you have besides the defense excuse to explain this playoff passing stats discrepancy?

What did Brady win before he got in a sum off all parts system? Funny how he became great when he got in the system and they kept chugging along when he was gone.

You know what's a good system? A climate-controlled environment and possibly augmented crowd noise.

I posted this in another thread: Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts - Split Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Pay special attention to the home/away and indoor/outdoor splits. That's a system I want to play in.

Two Bowl wins in college, Citrus and Orange.

Soooooo, you're calling Tom a System QB?

You're so full of Patriot Jealousy that the rational football side of you can't even see daylight.

What did Brady win before he got in a sum off all parts system?

He led Michigan to a win over Alabama in the 1999 Orange Bowl, in a high pressure overtime situation. Tom Terrific, gotta love him. To quote USA Today's article "Michigan's Tom Brady threw for 369 yards and four touchdowns, including three to David Terrell, and the Wolverines twice overcame 14-point deficits."

You may want to research the answer before asking the question.

Last edited:
another classic thread on patsfans.com forums

And he can thank that miserable Bears team for that Super Bowl win. What a joke.

Last edited:
Kurt Warner, for doing the impossible and leading the Cardinals to the post season. Hell that team is so lame half of them left town after the last game of the regular season because they were so used to it, and the coaching staff had to track them down.

True story.

I agree with this, The Cardinals have not won the division in 35 years, and haven't hosted a playoff game in 68 years !! I think this was obviously a media choice. I think it should have been:

Brees
Rivers
Warner
Pennington
AD
Michael Turner

& then Manning.... But playing Devil's Advocate, I believe Manning started out slow due to his knee injury, and then really picked it up. During the 9 game winning streak, his stats were: 209-of-290 for 2,248 yards and 17 touchdowns and 3 INT's. That's pretty amazing. I think he won because of his teams (and his) finish. And, obviously the media's love affair for the Mannings. Despite my hatred, to me, there was no overwhelming favorite, therefore, the media darling gets it. I hate the man, but he's one of the top 10 QB's of all time, and may wind up with all of the records by the time he's through.

I understand why Pennington was getting consideration, but I'd argue he's not even the MVP on his team, plus I don't think you can give it to a QB that only had 19 touchdowns just on principle (sp?).

I'm not a huge stat person so for me,qualifying an MVP status based upon # of TD's isn't something I'd even get into. And given Manning's post season stats I'm not sure why you would either ;)

Chad Pennington,like Brady in his pre-weapon years, deserves recognition for taking that 1-15 pathetic excuse for a team and leading it to the playoffs. Also consider Penny's history-not bad but certainly not what anyone would call "stellar" either. He stepped into Miami and,like Cassel, had to EARN his team's confidence. NOTHING was handed to him on a silver platter,nothing. At least our MattyIce had an incredible mentor,an incredible coach,and some pretty nifty weapons. Matt also had key injuries to deal with, but something Matt and Chad have in common is the fact not many people picked them to become the leaders they turned out to be.Who figured Miami to take the division. Chad may not have had the TDs but he sure as hell deserves recognition for inspiring his team's confidence, and he came through in the end. No silver spoon there,and for that he deserves something imo.

No, it's what happens when you say:

Name one besides the '05 defense. Do you need me to link you to it?

I named one. It's not my fault that I know your posts better than you do.

My point still stands that you didn't read the whole thread, pointing out one post doesn't equal the whole thread. A child would even know that.

Now tell me why Brady would be a winner with the other defenses i named that no one has answered. Funny how my initial point was that Brady wouldn't win with the '01, '03, and '04 Colts defenses. Brady wouldn't sniff a playoff berth with that kind of defense. It got turned into Mannings numbers, even thoug hi pointed out he has won playoff games in which he threw ints, Brady has too, does that mean he choked.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Ok, now you're just being ridiculous

Cassel doesn't say we don't need you Tom, Cassel says "I won 5 fewer games than you did and we didn't make the playoffs, Tom."

As for what Brady did before, did you ever actually watch him play? He's 14-3 in the playoffs, compared to that lovely 7-7 record of Manning's. Again, let's just go back to the college stuff, since you seem to want to ignore the pros:

Tom Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brady battled for the number one quarterback position with Drew Henson and ultimately started every game in the 1998 and 1999 seasons under Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr. During his first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts and completions in a season (214).[7] Brady was All-Big Ten (honorable mention) both seasons and team captain his senior year. The Wolverines won 20 of 25 games when he started and shared the Big Ten Conference title in 1998. Brady capped that season off with a win over Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl.[8] In the 1999 season, Brady led Michigan to an overtime win in the Orange Bowl over Alabama, throwing for 369 yards and four touchdowns. He is ranked third in the University of Michigan history with 112 more completions than he did last year.

Brady won 20 of 25 starts and both his bowl games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes