PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, I guess you can say 'good bye' to Roger Goodell getting fired now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that we can hope is happening is that fellow owners are calling Kraft and asking him not to make waves.

That would give Kraft a chance to explain to them why he is.
Why he would have to actually explain it would be mystifying.

One thing that we can hope is happening is that fellow owners are calling Kraft and asking him not to make waves.

That would give Kraft a chance to explain to them why he is.

shrug_n.gif

It would also give Kraft a chance to say "Y'all get together and get this reversed or I'll burn this whole damned thing to the ground".

Jerrah's endorsement means nothing.

What it does do is provide Bob with a heads up that any discussion about Goody must be done privately and he cannot be part of Murder, Inc. publicly

Jerry Jones didn't become a rich NFL owner by being an idiot. You don't do your dirty work in public. If he wants Goodell gone, it will be behind closed doors.

Sorry but I disagree.
Jones is one of 31 owners doing dances of joy over goodell screwing the pats.

Sorry but I disagree.

I don't understand. What have we ever done to him that he'd want to screw us?

The patriots have been whoopin every team across this league for 15 years. Teams have constantly fired and hired new coaches and quarterbacks while the pats have dominated with the same 2. Every team loved that the pats hadnt won since spygate. Now they are loving that this happened the year the pats won it all again. I've never believed that Kraft could get Goodell fired. The only way that happens is if a few other high profile teams endure situations like this deflate gate nonsense. It sucks but thats the way I see it.

There is a considerable difference between what people say in public and what they do in private.

Kraft will have to wait until Goodell makes his next big misstep. Jerrah Jones is one of Kraft's closest friends among the owners. My guess is he will show his support for Goodell until Kraft gets enough owners to agree to ax him.

But I think Kraft can sway Jones and Richardson as part of his group. I am sure there are several owners who want Goodell gone after the Ray Rice thing, but biting their tongues. My guess is Kraft will wait for his moment.

But he could be working behind the scenes with owners promising not to sue if they dump Goodell, Kensil, and whoever else he feels set him up in this whole thing.

It's what one says when it happens to a competitor, when it happens to your own team, a different set of adjectives is used.

how can spending 5M on an investigation and having something that comes down to 0.1psi turn into what is has turned into possibly be good for the league?

what will happen is that when this goes off Park Avenue, he will get his ass kicked again.....when this thing becomes about actual nuts and bolts, he will get his ass kicked again.......and when all is said and done and brady doesn't miss a game, and the penalties are all diminished, there will not be a single owner who will be able to say that this is good for the league

Jerry Jones on Roger Goodell: "He's doing a great job, and I'm a supporter of his." Added "fairness" is one of commissiner's strengths.

Don't believe ANYTHING that you hear until it starts coming out of the mouth of a judge or arbiter. There will be lots of posing and positioning. The knives are long and hidden among this group. The question is who will draw them and upon whom will they be used?

nobody wants a incompetent running their business, even if they are making good money, no business is fail proof, they will find another guy who will make the same amount of money without being incompetent and a public clown.

How hard can it be to find that guy? I have yet to figure out what Goodell's special magical skill is. The owners negotiate the big deals and he is a steward. And he can't even do that without everything he touches turning to poo instead of gold.

The league is better known now for cheating, concussions, misogyny, and child abuse under his watch. Now they will have a chunk of their income slashed, when Verizon beats ESPN in court (or settles). He was a useful idiot. He is no longer useful. Just an idiot. He is replaceable Replacing him gives the league a clean slate - if they choose carefully.

Sorry but I disagree.

Don't think it's that sinister.

He's just glad his team plays a Bradyless NE this fall (but hope that changes.)

Ironic the blind homers of the Dallas Outlaws care more about cheating than DUI deaths or domestic violence, SCREAM FOUL when GB eliminated them because Dez Bryant's catch was ruled a non-catch, yet they were in that game benefiting from the SAME CALL on a non-catch the previous week against Detroit!

Last edited:
Goodell is like a politician when we say is this the best we can get to do the job?

Hard to believe he is the most qualified for the job ...

Goodell is like a politician when we say is this the best we can get to do the job?

Someone Harry Boy likes said:
Well, It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first

This dipshit isn't qualified to run a Petting Zoo let alone a Multi Billion Dollar Corporate Mechanism engrained in the lives of most average Americans.

His legacy consists of conspiracies to destroy New England, Scandles every other month, Bumbled Investigations, Covering up and sweeping under the rug with real NFL Violations(Jets, Falcons, Terrell Suggs, Browns and many more) while imposing Draconian Sanctions on others for seemingly trivial ones, Instituting the "No Fun League" as well as "Flag Football" with ridiculous rules/changes(seemingly always benefiting the Ravens, Colts etc.)..............I mean when is enough enough?

Guessing Saints will be a definite yes to getting rid of Goodell. Just 22 more owners needed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes