PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker throws Fox under the bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how you can derive a little quote about crowd noise to throwing his coach under the bus.
Saying "we didn't prepare for...." is throwing the coach under the bus.

I don't even think it was done deliberately, but whenever a pro football player speaks to preparation, that's targeting the coaches.

Welker shouldn't have needed to prepare, this was his third big dance. 0-3

According to Manning that loss was not embarrassing. According to Welker Welker: Super Bowl loss 'embarrassing' | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com
Yes it was.

Well a blowout of that proportion obviously eclipses the closer Super Bowl losses.

The Broncos looked pretty good for the first :12 of the game when they were able to keep things close - after that, not so much.

Still, for Wes there must still be some welcome relief that the game didn't hinge on another of his dropped passes.

I don't think he was throwing him under the bus I will say one thing he was the only guy getting open all night and should have seen the ball a lot more

I don't think he was throwing him under the bus I will say one thing he was the only guy getting open all night and should have seen the ball a lot more
Wouldn't have mattered. The underneath guys were the ones open all night so sure, usually that was Welker, but it could have been anyone. Seattle clearly had the defensive gameplan to defend against the long ball and allow those underneath passes to be caught and then make the tackle for a gain of 4 (or less).

Peyton Manning had 34 completions. If you look at the ESPN play-by-play, every single one of them except for one says:

"P.Manning pass short right" or "P.Manning pass short left" or "P.Manning pass short middle"

Wouldn't have mattered. The underneath guys were the ones open all night so sure, usually that was Welker, but it could have been anyone. Seattle clearly had the defensive gameplan to defend against the long ball and allow those underneath passes to be caught and then make the tackle for a gain of 4 (or less).

Peyton Manning had 34 completions. If you look at the ESPN play-by-play, every single one of them except for one says:

"P.Manning pass short right" or "P.Manning pass short left" or "P.Manning pass short middle"

The same can be said of at least half of his TD passes in his precious TD record when you think about it. "P. Manning 2 yard pass."

i thank welker for getting the 2 pt conversion that won me $458 in my SB square. I should rock his jersey today

Well a blowout of that proportion obviously eclipses the closer Super Bowl losses.

The Broncos looked pretty good for the first :12 of the game when they were able to keep things close - after that, not so much.

Still, for Wes there must still be some welcome relief that the game didn't hinge on another of his dropped passes.

Even after the Seahawks first 3 scores, it was 8-0, and Peyton was only down 1 TD.

He's the one that threw that awful pass to Julius Thomas. That was a college QB type of throw.

I Keed when I say, I "hate" Wes. But it started going downward when he dissed BB, after BB benched him for the foot jokes. And when he left, he got ****y. We got the best of him and spit him out. BYE, BYE, See ya. :bye2:. And Pay-a-ton got so much nuthugging this season that it went to his head. Enuff of the flailing arms, Omaha yapping, "I'm the entire offense", MVP (fail) BS. The Donkey fans from two weeks ago can suck an egg. And who the hell was the MVP of the SB? Really? Parity is alive and well in the NFL. It's a crying shame tho, that GODells plan of selling 6 million Manning jerseys didn't work out. :(. BTW, some people have to stop taking "message boards" so seriously. Put in a resume for BSPN.

Nothing wrong with weighing options. On the other hand, calling a safety a 5 point play (5-0 after the safety? Way to go!) is ignorant. Claiming Welker threw his coach under the bus because he was saying the same sort of thing that Manning and Ramirez were saying is just stupid.

The deathmatch threads are pure fail and funny. Congrats.

Most realize that since the Broncos had the ball and lost in their own endzone commiting a Safety, that when they also had to free kick the ball back to Seattle from their own 20 yard line, and that any points scored from the result of giving Seattle excellent field position is also part of the play.

Simply put, the benefit of Seattle's field position was a result of the Safety.The field goal counts as a 5 point swing.

I get you love Welker and miss him dearly, but cant you find a new Pats player to swoon over?

Broncos' Wes Welker: We didn't prepare well for noise - NFL.com

It's interesting to note that in Wednesday's pool report from the Broncos' practice, USA Today's Jarrett Bell told us that John Fox -- who previously had been to Super Bowls with the Carolina Panthers as a coach and the New York Giants as a defensive coordinator -- turned down the simulated crowd noise during practice.

"Normally, it's about five times louder than that," Fox said at the time. "It's not an away game. The ones I've been to haven't been too loud. So we just kind of practice with what we think we're going to get."

(Ummm ... oops?)

The deathmatch threads are pure fail and funny. Congrats.

Most realize that since the Broncos had the ball and lost in their own endzone commiting a Safety, that when they also had to free kick the ball back to Seattle from their own 20 yard line, and that any points scored from the result of giving Seattle excellent field position is also part of the play.

Simply put, the benefit of Seattle's field position was a result of the Safety.The field goal counts as a 5 point swing.

I get you love Welker and miss him dearly, but cant you find a new Pats player to swoon over?

The deathmatch threads are fine, thanks, and they spurred actual football talk.

And most people realize that safeties are worth 2 points, not 5.

The best news for the Broncos is that they're @ Seattle next year where it will be much worse. You have 9+ months to prepare, good luck. :singing:

That's your Thursday night season opener.

One of the sillier threads ever started here on Patsfans.com. Congrats to the O.P.!

Actually I took it as a prop for BB who is usually preparing for all contingencies.....
Welker was around that for six years and now saw how the other half acts...
Lucky he didn't end up in KC where Andy Reid mangles a clock worse than Salvador Dali. Reid once called a timeout to decide on a two point conversion call..Seriously? You don't have that planned beforehand????
I think Denver viewed the AFC championship as their Super Bowl and took Seattle a little less than they obviously should have....thinking victory was a foregone conclusion.....

I have heard many retired players say that at the beginning of the Super Bowl the crowd is loud. Even the suits who aren't fans are excited because the big game is finally here and will cheer even though they don't know why.

Nothing wrong with weighing options. On the other hand, calling a safety a 5 point play (5-0 after the safety? Way to go!) is ignorant. Claiming Welker threw his coach under the bus because he was saying the same sort of thing that Manning and Ramirez were saying is just stupid.

Although possible, it is difficult to keep the receiving team out out Field Goal range after they get decent field position. 5 points, while wrong, is not insane.

Although possible, it is difficult to keep the receiving team out out Field Goal range after they get decent field position. 5 points, while wrong, is not insane.

A safety is worth 2 points. It's not worth 5 and it's not worth 9.

Also, Seattle started on their own 36, not the Broncos 36. That safety didn't allow Percy Harvin to scamper 30 yards on an end around. That was the Broncos defense doing that.

I have heard many retired players say that at the beginning of the Super Bowl the crowd is loud. Even the suits who aren't fans are excited because the big game is finally here and will cheer even though they don't know why.

Fox miscalculated big time. This was no ordinary Super Bowl.

Seattle fans traveled in force and were able to secure tickets.

Youre wasting your time on Doos a Ray Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back