PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker & Moss 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
43119639_273301766850145_3660450358360014848_n.jpg

Gordon plays a split second faster than the DB's covering him. All the great receivers possess this ability to react a split second quicker than the DB's. Edelman is like this.

Gordon plays a split second faster than the DB's covering him. All the great receivers possess this ability to react a split second quicker than the DB's. Edelman is like this.

Exactly. And that split second showed the most when the ball on that TD catch was about 5 feet from his hands. He positioned his body perfectly .001 seconds before the 2 defenders... and by the time they reacted the ball was in his hands.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who Welker's analog is supposed to be but I think it's probably White instead of JE, at least right now.

I'm not sure who Welker's analog is supposed to be but I think it's probably White instead of JE, at least right now.
Mmmmm so close. It is Edelman :)

We had White all along but he isn’t the guy who opens everyone else up. Edelman is open so quick it demands serious attention from the defense. Once that is done, everyone else has a lot of breathing room.

Our complimentary weapons are stout. We didn’t have as many during most years.

Michels progression looks apparent, hopefully it continues. A reliable run game with two capable backs would be a great layer of redundancy.

That TD had a certain Brady to Moss-like quality to it. Semi-broken play throwing deep into double coverage.

And both Moss and Flash had the awareness to adjust their body positions to catch the ball in spit of being double covered. As soon as he caught that ball I had a flash of Moss in front of me.

And both Moss and Flash had the awareness to adjust their body positions to catch the ball in spit of being double covered. As soon as he caught that ball I had a flash of Moss in front of me.

Exactly. They both have those elite qualities.

Oh yeah, Brady has an elite TALL (6’3) wide receiver to throw to. Look out NFL.

Can we keep Gordon next season, correct me if I'm wrong if we put a 1st round tender on him someone would have to give us a first round pick to get him? He's a RFA, if he wanted to stay here would he have a choice?

Gordon is a long long way away from being spoken of in the same breath as Moss. He is a great asset for the team but the Moss comparison is overblown. I guess that just shows the dearth of WR talent we have had since Moss departed.

Can we keep Gordon next season, correct me if I'm wrong if we put a 1st round tender on him someone would have to give us a first round pick to get him? He's a RFA, if he wanted to stay here would he have a choice?
Gordon is an RFA in 2019

Gordon is such a moron. He had the chance to rightfully be put in a similar catagory to Moss if he just did things different.

We should be discussing who is the best WR in the NFL right now between Hopkins/Jones/Brown/Gorden

Here is an interesting question. Let's say Gordon put down the weed and stayed fully committed to football for the last 5 years. Would he be the best WR in the NFL right now?

Why and why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick