PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 2: Patriots vs Jets

Favors the Pats. Won't completely take away the short pass or anything, and the Jets can't really run the ball. Mangold is hurt, and that's huge. Against the Bucs, non-Geno gets ran for under 2 YPC. Their 2 actual RBs, Ivory and Powell, had 2.4 and 1.9 YPC respectively.

I'm more worried about Hill and Holmes getting open deep and Winslow over the middle than I am about the Jets' ground game.

Yeah - you can't overstate how awful their running game was and generally has been for a while now.

I'm hoping that, for once, we are playing a rookie QB and aren't focused on stopping the run and will focus on generating pressure. I'd love to see Geno knocked around a bit because I don't think he has it in him to be a leader through adversity.

Maybe Pats can generate a sequel to the infamous "ButtFumble" in this game.

A Jets double reverse handoff to Chandler Jones for a TD maybe? :D

im not super worried.

The jets got lucky against one of the worst teams in the league, thats not saying a whole lot.

Geno made tons of mistakes, the receiving core is awful, their ground game is awful.

The defense might be okay, but again they were going up against a josh freeman led team, hes a rich man's blaine gabbert.

I'd expect a 2 td victory,

Amendola gets his first td
we will see a lot more contributions from the Tight ends
Also expect a kick return for a td

I feel the Jets will completely sell out against the pass, like they did in the 2010 season playoff loss. I remember them trying the same tactic in the next game we played, but we had BJGE run hard against them.

We really need Ridley and Vereen here. They are key.

That spread is also a joke. There is nothing I saw in the Bills game that leads me to believe we will be blowing out opponents anytime soon.

Based on this past game:

Put Cromartie on Thompkins
Put Wilson on Amendola and give him help
Put Milliner on Edelman

If Milliner does his job, you've just shut down the Patriots offense.

Anyone else strangely excited that we don't have to wait another 7 days to see our boys again?! I have gone on record as saying I don't like Thursday night games, but since it's the beginning of the season, I'm kind of psyched that I don't have to wait a whole week for my next fix. And it's only week 2 and it's already a battle for the top of the division!

GO PATS
Given the likelihood of more nailbiting than in recent seasons, I would also greatly enjoy the prospect of sitting on a 2-0 record for 10 days :couch2:

Based on this past game:

Put Milliner on Edelman

You forgot Vereen, and, provided they've loaded him up with Stickum, Ridley.

You forgot Vereen, and, provided they've loaded him up with Stickum, Ridley.

The Jets D-line is solid, and I don't think Vereen's capable of beating a team singlehandedly.

Edelman's going to need to be huge this game, if Ryan covers the way I listed.

Big if. Not likely Milliner shuts down Edelman completely. Could happen but I like the odds of it not going down like that.

The Jets D-line is solid, and I don't think Vereen's capable of beating a team singlehandedly.

we should probably just forfeit.

i mean we barely won all the games we have played so far.:bricks:

Based on this past game:

Put Milliner on Edelman

I think they will put cromartie on amendola 1 on 1 and wilson 1 on 1 on thompkins. Force Brady to beat them throwing only to thompkins.

we should probably just forfeit.

i mean we barely won all the games we have played so far.:bricks:

:noidea:

Maybe, instead of that, you just could start to grasp the concepts of message boards, matchups, analysis, debates and discussions.

If our Oline plays like yesterday and our WR/TE take ages to get open their Dline is going to get after brady.

I think they will put cromartie on amendola 1 on 1 and wilson 1 on 1 on thompkins. Force Brady to beat them throwing only to thompkins.

I'd love it if they put Cromartie on Amendola. Cromartie's strength is battling fellow long-striders (i.e. Moss), rather than facing the Welker/Amendola type of waterbugs. Unless Amendola's groin issue were really bothering him come Thursday, I'd give a big edge to the Patriots in that matchup.

Just my $.02 on that, given Cromartie's history.

I'd love it if they put Cromartie on Amendola. Cromartie's strength is battling fellow long-striders (i.e. Moss), rather than facing the Welker/Amendola type of waterbugs. Unless Amendola's groin issue were really bothering him come Thursday, I'd give a big edge to the Patriots in that matchup.

Dont think amendola is 100 %. He wasnt 100% to start the game and even said later that he couldnt find legs under him in the first half. That said, I assume cromartie is their best corner so figured they wont 'waste' him on thompkins. Both thompkins and sudfield have show huge improvements if Brady is avoid getting hit repeatedly like yesterday. I dont think we can run the ball that much vs their dline.

Yeah - you can't overstate how awful their running game was and generally has been for a while now.

I'm hoping that, for once, we are playing a rookie QB and aren't focused on stopping the run and will focus on generating pressure. I'd love to see Geno knocked around a bit because I don't think he has it in him to be a leader through adversity.

I'm forwarding this to Geno's Mom!

Like somebody said right above, why waste Cromartie on Thompkins? At least until he proves otherwise, they are going to think he's a rook and can't catch much of what's thrown his way. Hoping that Buffalo was just jitters or their weird field for Thompkins and that he shows more on Thursday. Agreed Edelman has to be good, but he's been showing that the last two years. I'm actually thinking Amendola (and Gronk) aren't even playing, but that our D will make hay of Geno Smith.

Based on this past game:

Put Milliner on Edelman

Edelman is a force and cannot be stopped!

(OK, aside from too hard thrown passes hitting his hands)

Do you think Amendola is going to play? I can't see it frankly. He kept it going yesterday, probably on adrenaline, but today I'm sure that groin is mighty sore.

Do you think Amendola is going to play? I can't see it frankly. He kept it going yesterday, probably on adrenaline, but today I'm sure that groin is mighty sore.

24/7 massages by Pats cheerleaders will ease any pain.
Hey! He could be faking injury just to get the rehab treatment!

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back