PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 14: Titans @ Patriots Game Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize we played the NFC east and AFC south. They Were the number one south ranked team and therefore played Packers, C Hawks and Dallas with a fit Romo.

They had a comparable schedule to us

The Panthers have won something like 18 straight regular season games. In that stretch, they have beaten ONE TEAM (Green Bay after the Packers got smoked by Denver) with a winning record.

ONE TEAM with a winning record in 18 games.

ONE.

JUST. ONE.

actually no look at the numbers. Passer rating, completion percentage, YPA, YPG, have all declined since the start of November and turnovers have gone up
A drop in production is one thing.

Saying Tom Brady has fallen off a cliff is another.

Peyton Manning has fallen off a cliff.

I will say that Carolina will have a very tough road to the Super Bowl, almost certainly having to play both Seattle and Arizona, before meeting (hopefully) the Patriots in SB 50.
I think they'll be the one and done high seed.

actually no look at the numbers. Passer rating, completion percentage, YPA, YPG, have all declined since the start of November and turnovers have gone up

And since the start of November he has been without Lewis and Edelman the whole time, plus has had a limited Gronk and Amendola. Even a tertiary option like Dobson is gone. Have you noticed how many of his incompletions have been throwaways? Over the last two months I'd guess we're at around 2 dozen.

The only thing that's up compared to earlier that I'd be "concerned" with is the turnovers. But that's only up when compared to the ridiculous start he had to the season. He's been playing more like his typical self since then.

brady slowed down after all of his weapons went down. plus the two losses.

still the GOAT though

Brady still has better numbers than Cam. Let Cam have the MVP, who cares?

Brady offers his $.02 on the OPI call:
"When you design pick plays, every team has different plays where you try to spring someone free in man-to-man coverage. On that particular play, there wasn't even a pick involved. Keshawn was trying to avoid the defensive player and the guy ran into him," Brady told host John Dennis of the D&C Show.

"I don't know if they are trying to judge intention, or I don't know if a defensive player runs into an offensive player when it's an offensive penalty. And secondly, even if we ran into them, it happened, to me, at the line of scrimmage. If it's at the line of scrimmage, or 1 yard beyond the line of scrimmage, it's not an offensive penalty.

"So based on the fact it was the defensive end who hit our receiver, and it happened at the line of scrimmage, I couldn't understand why they threw a flag."
Tom Brady shares viewpoint on OPI call that negated 70-yard reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back