PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 14: Titans @ Patriots Game Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots also played the AFC South and the NFC East. And the AFC East isn't much better than the NFC South. Right now, as I type, the non-Panthers NFC South have a record of 18-23. The non-Patriots AFC East have a record of 20-21. I mean, that's pretty close.

Are you kidding me?

The Bills and the Jets are better than anything that is in the NFC South (except for the Panthers). It is not even close.

The team has hit the wall, mentally, with Brady being the exception. Hopefully they'll find their second wind soon.

But to be fair, it's a very tremendous accomplishment to be defending champions and be at 12-2. That takes a lot of mental toughness.

I don't think they've hit a wall. I just think they've gotten so freaking banged up. They just won by 17. That seems like a bad performance, but my goodness, there are almost no Vegas lines in the NFL of 17 points.

Are you kidding me?

The Bills and the Jets are better than anything that is in the NFC South (except for the Panthers). It is not even close.

The same Bills that lost to the Eagles and Redskins in back-to-back weeks, and who previously lost to Jacksonville? Ok.

The same Bills that lost to the Eagles and Redskins in back-to-back weeks, and who previously lost to Jacksonville? Ok.

In general they still were better than the Falcons, NO or the Bucs. But whatever lets just disagree on it.

The team has hit the wall, mentally, with Brady being the exception. Hopefully they'll find their second wind soon.

But to be fair, it's a very tremendous accomplishment to be defending champions and be at 12-2. That takes a lot of mental toughness.

I think they will find that second wind once Edelman is back. The loss of both him and Lewis severely hurt the quick passing game. With Edelman back soon and White finding his groove, the passing game will improve dramatically which will also help the run game.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I will say that Carolina will have a very tough road to the Super Bowl, almost certainly having to play both Seattle and Arizona, before meeting (hopefully) the Patriots in SB 50.

Seriously.

If they beat two of Seattle, Arizona or Green Bay, and then the Pats in the Super Bowl...then they deserve every bit of praise that can be given.

That would be impressive as hell.

There are bad calls in every game, but the bad calls against the Pats are always on important plays. Right or wrong that certainly feeds the belief that the league, which we already know is against us, is against us.

There are bad calls in every game, but the bad calls against the Pats are always on important plays. Right or wrong that certainly feeds the belief that the league, which we already know is against us, is against us.

Most big plays called back in the nfl.

Haven't they had like 50% more big plays called back than the next team..

But not usually because of bad calls. Many big plays are the result of a penalty and justly called back. This particular PI had nothing to do with the play.

But not usually because of bad calls. Many big plays are the result of a penalty and justly called back. This particular PI had nothing to do with the play.

Actually, There have been numerous bad calls this year that have called back plays on the Patriots. And most were not justly done.. Sorry..

Actually, There have been numerous bad calls this year that have called back plays on the Patriots. And most were not justly done.. Sorry..

I don't disagree with you. You and JMC00 are both misunderstanding the point I was making. I'm saying the Pats are getting screwed. The most egregious calls against them are always "coincidentally" on game changing plays. Maybe it is a coincidence, but I'm skeptical.

Seriously.

If they beat two of Seattle, Arizona or Green Bay, and then the Pats in the Super Bowl...then they deserve every bit of praise that can be given.

That would be impressive as hell.

I don't think beating GB would be impressive but beating Seattle, Arizona and the Pats definitely would. They'd finally earn my props if they did that.

They beat (barely) Seattle earlier this year but that was when they were a complete mess.

So what is the point of watching? I still haven't gotten an honest answer on that yet. If you know in your heart of hearts that the refs are going to screw the Pats with malice and not incompetence, then why waste energy, money, and time following a sport that's fixed? If I become as convinced as some of you are, I wouldn't waste my time.

The call was terrible. I agree. The refs have been terrible to all teams this year. Some of you need to watch football games outside of New England and you'd see that. The fact of the matter is that the yellow flag was on the field before White broke free. Not after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes