PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 11 afternoon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 2:18 left in the overtime Eagles/Bengals game.

Bengals with 1st and 10 @ the Eagles 45 yard line.

game ends in a tie phi@cin

C'mon Titans, Jax in the red zone.

I actually think a Jags win against the Titans would benefit the Pats rather tremendously. Next week, an overconfident, newly-annointed Jets team would be walking into a buzz saw at Tennessee.

Btw, a Jets L and a Pats W next weekend knots everything back up. We'd have identical records: overall, head-to-head, division, and conference! Once more, the Pats would be in control of their own destiny. (Wins against Arizona & Oakland would give us the edge in "common games.") Even though our remaining schedule is a bit tougher than theirs, I still like our chances better with a division title than a wild card berth.

We'd have identical records: overall, head-to-head, division, and conference! Once more, the Pats would be in control of their own destiny.

Actually we'd have a 3-2 division record while the Jets would have a 3-1 division record, thus unfortunately not controlling our own destiny.

yeah you are right there but I hate the titans cause they want to be the patriots of last season.

The way they're winning is the exact opposite of the Patriots last season and one player on the team openly said "We will lose a game this year".

Last edited:
I actually think a Jags win against the Titans would benefit the Pats rather tremendously. Next week, an overconfident, newly-annointed Jets team would be walking into a buzz saw at Tennessee.

Btw, a Jets L and a Pats W next weekend knots everything back up. We'd have identical records: overall, head-to-head, division, and conference! Once more, the Pats would be in control of their own destiny. (Wins against Arizona & Oakland would give us the edge in "common games.") Even though our remaining schedule is a bit tougher than theirs, I still like our chances better with a division title than a wild card berth.

pats will be 3-2 and jets 3-1 in the division with sitll bills and fins to play at home .so no its not identical

Actually we'd have a 3-2 division record while the Jets would have a 3-1 division record, thus unfortunately not controlling our own destiny.

Yikes, you're right! I jacked up the math.

Oh, GOD! We're at the mercy of Buffalo & Miami. :eek:

Eh I think Titans will be motivated enough for the Jets win or lose. Gotta play the numbers IMO, Jags loss could mean one less team to worry about.

titans have a good chance to lose to the jets

Yea, if I were to make a prediction I think the Jets win that game. They'll be more rested and Titans are as beatable a 9-0 team as you'll see.

Steelers gotta start converting these short yardage situations.

Pittsburgh crowd is lettin their team have it

Yea, if I were to make a prediction I think the Jets win that game. They'll be more rested and Titans are as beatable a 9-0 team as you'll see.

I don't know. I realize the Jags are up at the moment, but I think the Titans are still rather ferocious. They average an impressive 13.0 pts allowed per game. (And I don't buy the "soft schedule" argument, because I don't know if there's a particularly difficult schedule in the league this year.) Carolina is 2nd, allowing nearly a full 2 points more. And it's not like Tennesee can't score, either: granted, they're no Gillette Mach 3 Turbo :cool: . . . but they are still 10th in the league.

Last edited:
TD Jaguars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case