PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wednesday New England Patriots Links 11/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to add a couple more columns that may be of interest to Pats fans that might have been overlooked, both focusing on Bill Belichick. I thought they were both well worth reading.

Lions' coach says he owes it all to Belichick by Tom Curran for CSNNE:
"I probably owe my entire NFL career to Bill Belichick," said Schwartz, the 44-year-old coach who's in his second season with the Lions. "He gave me a start when I was very young and very inexperienced, but willing to work 18 hours a day for not very much money."

Schwartz had been a college assistant for five years before Belichick hired him in 1993 to work in personnel for the Browns.

Schwartz went to school under Belichick.

"To learn from Bill and the way he prepared his teams and the way he ran the whole structure of the club," said Schwartz. "From the way they traveled to the way they practiced and preparation to the way he handled the coaches to the draft and free agency. Every single thing was important to Bill Belichick. And I learned that at a very early age.

Lacrosse Star Paul Rabil Gaining Knowledge From Mentor Bill Belichick by Jeff Howe for NESN:
Rabil, who was the 2009 Major League Lacrosse MVP, said Belichick has mentored him about how to be a great leader, among other things, and they've had countless conversations together about lacrosse and football. Rabil has been so impressed with Belichick's lacrosse knowledge that he was joking around Sunday with some of the Patriots' players in the locker room, saying they’ve taken Belichick from his true calling.

"Not having [Belichick] as a lacrosse coach is the biggest chance the sport has left behind," Rabil said. "Football stole him from the lacrosse fields out of college. He would’ve been one of the great lacrosse coaches, without a doubt. He loves talking about it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back