PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We expected the AFCC game to be the toughest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us expected the AFCC game to be the toughest matchup of all, probably against the Colts.

Instead, we're getting a team that beat the Colts despite being pretty seriously dinged up, and that tentatively projects to be healthier than they were when they beat the Colts (LT back, Gates better, Rivers???)

I'm very optimistic, but let's not get carried away with the supposed ease of the game.
Just look at the last 5 games for both teams. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/headt...category=last5overall&season=2007&week=POST20

Both teams are playing pretty well as of late. As long as the Bolts are relatively healthy I'm anticipating a great game.

BTW, I'm disappointed the NFL got the interceptions and sacks backwards for SD.

So, the Chargers have nothing to lose and everything to gain on Sunday.
Yeah they do, they can gain entry into the Superbowl. Or they can lose and end their season. Same exact case for the patriots. Also the Chargers are in this game because they belong in it. They are a great team and will be a challenge. They have a good chance at beating the pats I hope they don't but we gotta respect our opponents in playoff games. They belong there with us, remember how the steelers disrespected us in the 01 season's AFCCG? Same thing can happen guys, any team on any given day can win.

Last edited:
So, the Chargers have nothing to lose and everything to gain on Sunday.

Just like the Jaguars and Seahawks had nothing to lose on Saturday? And the Colts and Cowboys had nothing to lose on Sunday?

Actually, both teams have everything to lose. If you lose, you're out. Saying you have nothing to lose is just plain wrong.

I am not buying it. I am glad PATs are playing SD rather than the Colts
in terms of winning the AFCCG game.

BB tries to take away an opponents strength.

BB will shut down SD's run game and force Rivers to beat them.
Won't happen.

If PATs were playing Colts, BB would try to shut down their Passing
game ... a more difficult task. IMO

i have good confident in BB and TB. Pats is a good and disciplined team
After winning 16 games and receiving all awards, Pats still plays and practices hard.

When you see them on the field, it shows. I have no doubt that BB's dream team will win this SB.

Last edited:
You're probably not aware of this, but you are falling into a long line of trolls posting on this board saying the exact same things. This is not unique. In fact, we could substitute only the name of the opposing teams and you'd find posts just like yours. Read the responses carefully, there is wisdom from those who have been there.

The dude was giving you props and you call him a troll. Come on know how many pats fans invade Chargers boards just to start conflict. And it doesn't take much to divide us Charger fans. Anyway CROMARTIE I have your back in here, seems you are all alone, but posting RESPECTFULLY, now until some jackass Charger fan comes in here spouting off at the mouth, don't call us trolls TROLL!!!

The only reason I was scared of facing the colts was because of the refs, now that they are eliminated I can relax.
I still say watch out for the refs if the packers get in the superbowl, they would love to see a fairytail ending for Brett Farvre. the mighty farvre went up against the most hated team, the underfeated cheating Patriots and won and announce his retirement. I say watch out for the refs if Farvre gets in.

The only reason I was scared of facing the colts was because of the refs, now that they are eliminated I can relax.
I still say watch out for the refs if the packers get in the superbowl, they would love to see a fairytail ending for Brett Farvre. the mighty farvre went up against the most hated team, the underfeated cheating Patriots and won and announce his retirement. I say watch out for the refs if Farvre gets in.

It is guys like you that I am going to enjoy hearing from if the Pats lose to the Chargers. Maybe we can send you some of the Colts ****y posters emails addresses and you can console each other.

It is guys like you that I am going to enjoy hearing from if the Pats lose to the Chargers. Maybe we can send you some of the Colts ****y posters emails addresses and you can console each other.

if you believe the chargers is going to come in Foxboro and beat Brady and Belichick, then you must be on crack or some type of weird drug.
I'm calling the score 52-14

Last edited:
if you believe the chargers is going to come in Foxboro and beat Brady and Belichick, then you must be crack or some type of weird drug.
I'm calling the score 52-14

I'll add that to the bogus score predictions that the colts put out there. And I am on a lot of pain killers right now and have this very weird positive feeling but if I didn't think my team has a chance of winning then I don't need to be an NFL fan. The patriots haven't always been favorites, and I am sure they still had team supporters when they were terrible underdogs. Example against the Rams in the SB. No one gave them a chance in hell but look what happened. Belicheck has probably already sent someone to SD to video their practices and play calls so rest assure buddy.

Bull. Charger fans have nothing to lose, sure. They are the worst fans in the league if they don't care it if the Chargers win or lose.

But if the Chargers themselves don't care if they win or lose, then they will get blown out. The Patriots are on a mission this year. This game is very important to them for a number of reasons and on a number of levels.

If you team doesn't want to win more than anything else in the world, if this game doesn't mean everything to them, they will lose.

There is absolutely no doubt that this game means everything to the Chargers and their fans as it does to the Pats and theirs.

One way or another this game will become an Instant Classic.

If the wind stays over 15mph throughout the game, the game will very very close. Look at the Jets and Ravens games, where throwing deep went by the wayside.

If the Pats' offense stalls thanks to the wind and loses to San Diego, amongst my sadness I will find a slight chuckle at the irony, since for years we Pats fans needled the Colts and their fans for having a team that couldn't handle the elements in January.

I'll gladly take a 14-7 Pats win if the conditions shut down the passing games and both teams load up to stop the run.

Regards,
Chris

I don't think anybody on the Pats is taking the Chargers lightly. The Chargers won a game nobody thought they would win. I would even bet that the Pats were already preparing for the Colts and not the Chargers.

As for the Chargers, anybody notice how Philip Rivers always threw the ball high, so only his tall receivers could get the ball (over the shorter colts DBs). He is starting to play much better.

I thought we could handle the Colts. The Chargers worry me.

The higher they jump the harder they fall.. Chargers will play risky and loose. I dont see the Chargers playing patient and that hopefully will cause them to make several big mistakes.

Belicheck has probably already sent someone to SD to video their practices and play calls so rest assure buddy.

Probably right. and Rivers is cruising some of the local high schools to firm up his name-calling skills prior to kickoff....

Please stop fighting guys.The Pats & Chargers are both great teams.They both wouldn't be in the AFC Championship game if they weren't.I personally never look past any team (especially not the Chargers).The SB is no where on my mind at the present moment.The San Diego Chargers are on my mind.I know that if we take care of bussiness on Sunday,it should be a great day.

My only concern is that the winds (predicted at > than 20mph) and cold will combine to eliminate or stiffle the Pats passing game. Then it comes down to a matchup, run game versus run game.

I am not sure who that matchup favors, given that LT is/maybe hurting. If he were not, I think that matchup would favor the Bolts. Now who knows?

If all the offesnive weapons can be used, there is no question that the Patriots are the more complete team.

I for one hope that the sunny cold and windy day forcast turns out to be much calmer.

Just look at the last 5 games for both teams. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/headt...category=last5overall&season=2007&week=POST20

Both teams are playing pretty well as of late. As long as the Bolts are relatively healthy I'm anticipating a great game.

BTW, I'm disappointed the NFL got the interceptions and sacks backwards for SD.

First off, you stole my user name. That's not cool man. J/K

These stats are very interesting and show that they are close. However, I would like to point out some differences that clearly tip the balance towards the Patriots:

- TD's to int ratio. We all know Brady's a much better QB than Rivers.
- Penalties. NE committed less penalties for less yardage than the Chargers. Mistakes will determine the outcome of this game.
- Coaching. NE has the Coach of the Year... which shows in less penalties committed (see above).
- Sacks. NE can definitely pressure the quarterback.
- Kicking. Stats-wise it's close, but I'd rather have Gostkowski in the playoffs than Kaeding.

These may be small differences, but you add them up + home field and it's a huge advantage for New England. We'll put up a good fight, but NE should win.

Either way, I look forward to a great game.

If the wind stays over 15mph throughout the game, the game will very very close. Look at the Jets and Ravens games, where throwing deep went by the wayside.

If the Pats' offense stalls thanks to the wind and loses to San Diego, amongst my sadness I will find a slight chuckle at the irony, since for years we Pats fans needled the Colts and their fans for having a team that couldn't handle the elements in January.

I'll gladly take a 14-7 Pats win if the conditions shut down the passing games and both teams load up to stop the run.

Regards,
Chris

You're reacting to the ravens game where inexplicably or perhaps in quest of a record, brady repeatedly tried to throw deep and the wind mis-directed the passes. There were also several drops, perhaps wind induced. throw short and medium with just a couple deep to wake up the safetys and we'll be better off than SD will be passing. With our 8 in the box we can stop The classy One and his sub.

The good thing for the Chargers is that all of the pressure is on the Patriots since they're the ones who are 17-0 and everyone is already predicting that the Patriots will win. So, the Chargers have nothing to lose and everything to gain on Sunday. Hopefully the Patriots crack under all that pressure but I doubt it'll happen with Tom Brady quarterbacking that team. That guy is unflappable. But the Patriots defense can still choke.

Although it seems to most opposing fans that the pressue is on the Pats due to the 17-0 record, it isn't true. The playoffs is a "one & done" deal...you lose, you're out! That means the pressure is the same for both teams.

In addition, the Patriots have been to this point almost every year (5 out of 6) while the Chargers haven't been here in a long, long time. So who is going to feel the pressure more? The team that's been here or the team that is nervous?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back