PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WBZ-TV4 Signal Problems: No Game Over The Air Or Satellite?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What service do you use to watch the game?

• Over The Air

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Cable

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Satellite

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Internet Stream

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could get expensive for WBZ and CBS as I expect advertisers will claw back their ad payments.

It really is shocking there are no redundancies to keep the cable providers/directv up and running. Hell, if people here can pick up the providence feed, why the hell can't a monopolized corporate giant. I had to ditch directv because of trees in the los, only option other than ota is crummy charter. Looks like ill be searching for a decent stream in a few hrs.

It is back on the air whew I would have been some pissed if I could not get the Pats
Just checked here and no joy. Where are you, and what service are you using to get your signal?

I put my TV's signal meter up and found no signal at all from WBZ CH4 and a small, unusable signal for CH5 here in Nashua NH. That matches what I posted earlier, that WCVB CH5 using some lower antennas with less power while they work on the tower. No problems receiving WGBH CH2.

You would think the NFL would be scrambling to keep the game on the air locally. Preseason games are carried on WCVB and Fox has no 4:00 game, so there are options. They could stream it from their site or let CBS stream it. It's unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

This could get expensive for WBZ and CBS as I expect advertisers will claw back their ad payments.
Indeed. One reason I put up the poll question was to try to get an idea of how many people are impacted. In retrospect I should have simply asked 'Are you impacted' instead of asking what service do you use. Maybe they can put that question onto the pre-game or game threads.

It really is shocking there are no redundancies to keep the cable providers/directv up and running. Hell, if people here can pick up the providence feed, why the hell can't a monopolized corporate giant. I had to ditch directv because of trees in the los, only option other than ota is crummy charter. Looks like ill be searching for a decent stream in a few hrs.

DirectTV you can use the DirectTV ap to watch live TV, comes in handy during a thunderstorm. The funny thing was two weeks ago after the hurricane, The electricity was in, but Comcast was out for all day Sunday (and all the bars were closed), so it really paid to have DirectTV.

You would think the NFL would be scrambling to keep the game on the air locally. Preseason games are carried on WCVB and Fox has no 4:00 game, so there are options. They could stream it from their site or let CBS stream it. It's unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

Indeed. It seems so obvious that you have to wonder at the competence of people who haven't already got this in place.

Most of the bars use DirecTv so they will also be out of luck. I am probably going to watch on the RedZone channel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not true. People with DirecTV who have the Sunday Ticket Package could possibly get the game if the FCC doesn't force the black-out issue due to the local signal being down

Per Scott Zolak, WBZ is back on Direct TV. Still no joy in Worcester (Charter Cable)

Can somebody post if the over air comes back. I am out and won't be home till 4ish. Will make plans to go to a friend's house

OK that's it. I'm getting my antennae repair kit out of the garage and putting an end to this crap.

Hope you don't have a fear of heights:

needham2_01.jpg

And you might need one or two more tools once you're up there:

needham2_02.jpg

Per Scott Zolak, WBZ is back on Direct TV. Still no joy in Worcester (Charter Cable)

I'm in Charter country as well. They always suck.

I live in Worcester and have Charter cable. Lost channel 4 during the Bama game and as of 10:30am it's still out. I was thinking about a sports bar, but don't they rely on WBZ as well?

Maybe they have a big satellite dish that grabs a backhaul/wildfeed signal. You could ask how they get their games.

Man, I can imagine the sports bars with Direct TV will be mobbed.

CBS working fine on Comcast. I am watching Miami and Buffalo as we speak.

On the phone with Direct TV now - trying to see if they'll show it on another channel, or on the NFL Sunday Package, at least, where it would normally be blacked out.

So far, they suggested downloading the Direct TV AP and you can watch it that way.
Much like DirecTV's dishonest commercials, the representative you spoke to is leaving out an inconvenient fact: You cannot stream games which are televised in your local area on the DirecTV Sunday Ticket. So if you are in New England, you will never get the Patriots on the Sunday Ticket app since they are always broadcast locally.

My condolences.
I just unplugged my Charter cable box (power and coax) and let it go thru the reboot/upload cycle and now I have 783.

Much like DirecTV's dishonest commercials, the representative you spoke to is leaving out an inconvenient fact: You cannot stream games which are televised in your local area on the DirecTV Sunday Ticket. So if you are in New England, you will never get the Patriots on the Sunday Ticket app since they are always broadcast locally.
Sorry, don't really know how DirectTV works, but can't you get the Pittsburgh feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes