PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waxy O'Connor's Tailgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaizer

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
An Irish pub down the street from the stadium offers a pregame buffet and then shuttle service back and forth from the game. Has anyone tried this? Any comments?

e657493dc8915f738ac1f22958ae3f26.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wow. Sounds like an excellent deal to me, especially considering the cost of parking, etc.

I'm hoping to be in a position to actually attend a couple games next fall, and I'm definitely goingto be checking this out.

Not sure, but I wouldn't go near the All-Pro Celebrity Tailgate. Outrageous rip-off, or at least it was the one time I mistakenly attended it. The f###ers running that should have been wearing facemasks and wielding pistols.

Not sure, but I wouldn't go near the All-Pro Celebrity Tailgate. Outrageous rip-off, or at least it was the one time I mistakenly attended it. The f###ers running that should have been wearing facemasks and wielding pistols.
Good to know. I also looked into that one and it was pricey but also included booze and food. Didn't sound like it would be worth it.

Almost sounds too good to be true. I would use it for the free parking and transport then de-ass that place in a hurry.

I usually pay $40 to park and there are 2 of us going. So for an extra $10 we can try the buffett, pay for our drinks, and get a shuttle back and forth from the game.

Never actually done the tailgate there but if you do I would consider 2 things.

1) make sure when your leaving you don't wind up back on rte 1. Waxy's is in the neighbourhood behind the stadium and you will be able to get to exit 7 on 95 if your going south and exit 8 if you go north. Don't let yourself wind up back on rte 1.

2) the shuttle might have to use rte 1. If that's the case it might actually be quicker to walk to Waxys after the game. There is path behind bed bath and beyond you can use that will let you out a few blocks from Waxys. If you do it right the walk isn't much more than a mile-mile and half. You should be fine taking the shuttle in as long as it not the very last second. Check with them too they might be allowed to use the access road.

Never actually done the tailgate there but if you do I would consider 2 things.

1) make sure when your leaving you don't wind up back on rte 1. Waxy's is in the neighbourhood behind the stadium and you will be able to get to exit 7 on 95 if your going south and exit 8 if you go north. Don't let yourself wind up back on rte 1.

2) the shuttle might have to use rte 1. If that's the case it might actually be quicker to walk to Waxys after the game. There is path behind bed bath and beyond you can use that will let you out a few blocks from Waxys. If you do it right the walk isn't much more than a mile-mile and half. You should be fine taking the shuttle in as long as it not the very last second. Check with them too they might be allowed to use the access road.
Thanks for the information. I would be heading North so that's good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST