PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson hires Rosenhaus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coates never played with BB as his head coach.

I know, but someone mentioned the word "historically" and I thought they were referring to the past 20 years or so, not just the BB era.

Bye-bye Watson!

I still wish this team had Tony Gonzalez.

do you call agree with the comment that NE is a historically tight end-unfriendly system?
I think it all comes down to the QB. Bledsoe loved Ben Coates who was always open and it took 4 guys to tackle him. Brady doesn't seem to like the TE very much even though they have a TE with Watson's ability.

Whether or not Watson has Rosenhaus as his agent, he was never going to come back to a team that hardly threw him the ball. Granted, he did drop some key passes but the Pats haven't done a good job getting him involved. In fact, not since his rookie year have the Pats made an effort to get him involved. I remember his first game against the Colts in 04 where Brady looked for him a lot on the first drive but only caught 2 passes. The point is, he was part of the game plan. Since 2007, Watson has been an after thought in this offense. I feel he will excel with a team that utilizes the TE frequently where he can showcase his athletic ability. I just hope he doesn't sign with Denver or else his numbers will continue to go down the toilet.

Last edited:
I'm going to miss Watson. He was a good soldier, a solid player, and probably could have done more if more plays were designed to go to him.

Don't go to the Jets or Colts and I'll quietly root for you!

i think he would put up some realy good numbers with the bears or the packers or the texans. all teams with good QB's that like to use there TE's

I liked Watson. Hell, they wouldve started 0-1 this year if it wasnt for him. I'll never understand why we have him though. The Pats just don't seem to look at the TE enough. Cassell took half a year to realize he had a TE, and Tommy didnt seem to target the position this year. Oh well, good luck to him.

I like Ben Watson but I always felt like I was waiting for him to do something and it rarely happened.

First post, here I go:

The Patriots won a Super Bowl with a combo of Wiggins/Rutledge, and also Fauria/Baxter.

They have other concerns that take precedence over whether or not we resign an underachieving tight end in the middle of his career.

First post, here I go:

The Patriots won a Super Bowl with a combo of Wiggins/Rutledge, and also Fauria/Baxter.

They have other concerns that take precedence over whether or not we resign an underachieving tight end in the middle of his career.

Welcome.

Wasn't it Fauria/Graham?

This is a "concern" either way. If they don't re-sign Watson, then they need to find a replacement. I'd think re-signing is the easier of the two, all things being equal.

Welcome.

Wasn't it Fauria/Graham?

This is a "concern" either way. If they don't re-sign Watson, then they need to find a replacement. I'd think re-signing is the easier of the two, all things being equal.

I stand corrected, Fauria/Graham.

Do they really need a replacement? BB has never really used the position as an offensive option, rather just an extended element of the offensive line, providing chip blocks to give Brady more time against premier pass rushers, hell they dont even use a FB anymore. They just need a guy who can block, how hard are those to find?

I stand corrected, Fauria/Graham.

Do they really need a replacement? BB has never really used the position as an offensive option, rather just an extended element of the offensive line, providing chip blocks to give Brady more time against premier pass rushers, hell they dont even use a FB anymore. They just need a guy who can block, how hard are those to find?

I don't know. They've seemed to have bad luck getting a decent one of those. Kyle Brady bombed. Maybe they should use guards at every non-skill position.

The Patriots will negotiate with Rosenhaus. Hanson and Taylor are both his clients so at least the Pats can give him an offer.

Well I finally hope we can get rid of Watson who was nothing but a first round bust with mediocre stats! Now we can finally draft a 7th round overachiever that puts up the same exact mediocre stats and be ecstatic to have him on the team ;)

Whatever happens, I wish him the best of luck! He was among the silent types who didn't gloat and played whatever role he was asked to. And if I am right, he is one of the players who signed on immediately for a longer period.

All the best Ben! Hope everything works out well wherever you land. :)

watson or any TE is not going to have a great season with Wes running routes in the same between the hashes.

I hope he goes to an offence where they actually ask him to run routes. He is huge matchup in the middle .he is bigger,faster than thomas .With owen daniels out with injury if he gets into houston he will put some huge numbers.

Whatever happens, I wish him the best of luck! He was among the silent types who didn't gloat :)

That's why the penalty he got for putting the football under his shirt to salute his soon-to-be-born child was so stoooopid. You'd think he was Owens or somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft