PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Washington Post: "Jacoby doesn't smoke, drink or like to fail... he's perfect for the Patriots"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a poet and you don't even know it!

Which, apropos of nothing, reminds me of America's daytime TV poet laureate...

NipseyRussell2_small.jpg

"Those who think women are the weaker sex
Can't see the trees from the woods
For although everyone knows it's the rooster that crows,
It's the hen who delivers the goods." :D

So now that was the third time that he came to a team and in his first year had to take over because the starting QB got injured. I'm sure that's a coincidence ... right?

Only saw him for a couples drives in preseason but I believe he is the future.

Which, apropos of nothing, reminds me of America's daytime TV poet laureate...

NipseyRussell2_small.jpg

"Those who think women are the weaker sex
Can't see the trees from the woods
For although everyone knows it's the rooster that crows,
It's the hen who delivers the goods." :D

Love Nipsey Russell. Seemed like he was on every game show known to man in the 70s and early 80s.

Somewhere in the bowels of 345 Madison Ave. Goodell and his minions are enjoying their daily primal scream...

x2 Unless you are 6'6" Cam Newton, no quarterback should be expected to absorb hits from NFL defenses.

Right, only running backs and tight ends and wide receivers should get hit . . . ?

The guy is 6'4 #235. Can we stop acting like he's going to die if a defender breathes on him? Yes, Garoppolo took an unfortunate hit, but it just as easily could have happened in the pocket. Injuries will always exist in a game of collisions.

Somewhere in the bowels of 345 Park Ave. Goodell and his minions are enjoying their daily primal scream...

maxresdefault.jpg

"Fick die Patrioten!!!"

:D

Last edited:
x2 Unless you are 6'6" Cam Newton, no quarterback should be expected to absorb hits from NFL defenses.

I know the kid is quick but please stay in the pocket.

Brissett is a legit 6'4 and 230 lbs.. Let's not act like Brissett is made of glass. He's not.

Also, the Patriots plays were designed for him to roll out. It buys him and the receivers times.. The 2 times he took off were because no one was open and there was a gaping hole for him to run through.. And he slid the way he was supposed to prior to contact..

The kid has a huge amount of poise and he seems to have a very similar work ethic to Brady..

Brissett is a legit 6'4 and 230 lbs.. Let's not act like Brissett is made of glass. He's not.

Also, the Patriots plays were designed for him to roll out. It buys him and the receivers times.. The 2 times he took off were because no one was open and there was a gaping hole for him to run through.. And he slid the way he was supposed to prior to contact..

The kid has a huge amount of poise and he seems to have a very similar work ethic to Brady..

I tried searching the internet a bit, and I can't find any record of him ever being injured during his two years starting at NC State (or earlier for that matter). During those two years, he rushed for 899 yards in addition to his passing (43 TD, 5268 yds, 11 Int). That doesn't guarantee he won't be injured tonight (or in the future) of course, but he managed to avoid injury at NC State despite taking an absolute ton of hits (you should see the hits he took...and doled out....in the 2014 Florida State game, he learned to slide later evidently). Like you say, he's not made of glass, or at least he hasn't been.

Last edited:
Right, only running backs and tight ends and wide receivers should get hit . . . ?

The guy is 6'4 #235. Can we stop acting like he's going to die if a defender breathes on him? Yes, Garoppolo took an unfortunate hit, but it just as easily could have happened in the pocket. Injuries will always exist in a game of collisions.

I mean, yes, there will always be injuries and hits, but ideally you want your quarterback, the most cerebral position, to be shielded from that as much as possible. There's a reason all the old quarterbacks still playing are big pocket passers, while the smaller, running QBs tend to flame out like running backs by 30.

If Brissett can go 14 for 27 with a TD, 1 INT and no fumbles, the Pats will be fine against these hosers tonite. Protect the ball, move the chains and let the OL do their run blocking thing, and the defense do their job.

Somewhere in the bowels of 345 Madison Ave. Goodell and his minions are enjoying their daily primal scream...

That is a big reason that if we win tonight, this will be one of my favorite wins ever because the fact that we got to 3-0 with our 3rd QB is going to rankle for the other 31, and the fact this win would be shown on the NFL Network is only going to make this even sweeter.

Btw it's 345 Park Ave.

I mean, yes, there will always be injuries and hits, but ideally you want your quarterback, the most cerebral position, to be shielded from that as much as possible. There's a reason all the old quarterbacks still playing are big pocket passers, while the smaller, running QBs tend to flame out like running backs by 30.

Fair enough. I didn't mean to come across too harshly.

I will say, however, that Brissett is a pocket passer. He might run if it's there, but so does Aaron Rodgers, and no one really calls him a running quarterback. When I watched him college, Brissett always looked downfield first. Running was the result of his line breaking down and no one working to get open. Other than Thuney, he had no one protecting him.

If Brissett can go 14 for 27 with a TD, 1 INT and no fumbles, the Pats will be fine against these hosers tonite. Protect the ball, move the chains and let the OL do their run blocking thing, and the defense do their job.

I agree. Maybe we're overly optimistic types, but even with a rookie at the helm, I think this is a very winnable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back