PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warner:Tom Brady's character stands firm despite attack from Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, Warner raises some really good points here. I have a lot of misgivings about the uninformed opinions he's expressed re: Spygate, but his personal experience appears to really help here. Especially liked this part:

So here we are, seven months after Deflategate started, and we've seen credibility attacks from both sides. But Brady has maintained his innocence without ever reaching down and grabbing mud to toss in the other direction.

If innocent, will this saga forever mar the man’s character and integrity, or will his actions (or inactions) throughout this process one day be the crown jewel sitting among the Super Bowl rings that separate him from the pack?

Was Rice and for that matter Montanna's legacy tainted and all that jazz when one of them came out and admitted he cheated?

There is your answer.

What similar situation that Warner experienced is he referring to? What an incredulous remark. There is nothing close he has experienced that TB12 has. Gimme a break.

We may never know what exactly happened that Sunday evening in late January. How many balls were deflated? Why were two Pats employees fired if they did nothing wrong?

Well its clear where Kurt is on this issue.

Hes a steakhead. Plain and simple.

I read the article, he made a few fair points. As long as Tom carries himself with class he will probably be fine in the long run as time will see defamegate as being quite ridiculous. Terry Bradshaw played on a team full of cheaters, himself included and most folks like him.

Warner is in denial because he bought the bulls*** early. When faced with this he, like many others have retreated to a few methods of saving face.

1. Denial- it happened. "Balls were deflated"

2. Compromise- "We know something happened just not if Brady was involved."

3. Projection- "It's not my fault I was fooled, there was bad information out."

4. Fantasy- "The Patriots own Goodell"

5. Rationalization- "With all the rumors by both sides we just couldn't know. Both sides are guilty of handling this bad."

Warner basically tries them all. He's right about one thing, how people handled this will shape our perception of them. And Warner came out as a spoiled loser who still can't admit he was wrong, or admit he lost the SB 15 years ago.

Last edited:
I can't get past the misinformation in the beginning:
  • We'll never know what happened?
  • How many balls were deflated?
  • Why were employees fired?
  • Does he have an editor or fact checker?
Suck it Kurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call